PlayStation Ruhr Sieg Nord Scenario Trophy

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sypher77, Nov 12, 2019.

1. sypher77

sypher77 New Member

So I completed the 5 scenarios and I never received the RSN: Valley Veteran trophy for completing all scenarios. Is this a bug? Did I miss something?

2. Alex666

Alex666 New Member

Hi, yeah I encountered the same thing today, completed all 5 scenarios but the trophy didn't pop. The 1st one I did was silver rating and then the other 4 scenarios were gold, so I retried the 1st one, and then towards the end of the scenario the trophy decided to ping in! Just a big delay on it I guess? Hopefully you got yours eventually?

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This will be the next Trophy I’m likely to go for within the next day or two. I’ll let you know if it works ok.

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve just completed all five scenarios on the RSN and the trophy hasn’t popped. I’m going to do what I did with the MSB scenario trophy and leave my PS4 on, with TSW still running and see if the trophy pops after a few minutes/hours. The MSB trophy popped for me after 3-4 hours. Hopefully the RSN trophy will do the same thing (or I’ll be annoyed).

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Did you get your trophy in the end?

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This trophy still hasn’t popped for me, so I guess I’m doing all five scenarios again on yet another new profile.

7. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I suspect that the trophy is made in a similar way to the MSB one, so that when you complete the fifth scenario.... then if it doesn't appear.... that you have to wait for some other process to timeout before the trophy award process can complete - on MSB this took about three hours of leaving the PS4 in the MSB menu.

I will have a another go at it at some point...... the scenarios are fairly pleasant to repeat. If I can get Valley Veteran, then I won't be owed any trophies at all..... having worked around about ten of them so far....

They should really re-name the RSN scenarios trophy name and task to:

"Patient Valley Veteran - Complete the five scenarios and then wait for four hours and repeat this again and again until it works"

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep, I left my PS4 on for four hours leaving the game running, which worked for MSB, but didn’t work for me with RSN Valley Veteran. Either the trophy will randomly pop at some point, or I’m doing the scenarios again. I don’t like the scenarios as most of them are extremely dark so you can’t see any scenery.

9. Plastic Pal

That's the way I like them - dark and and/or rainy - so then you don't have to look at the dynamic shadow radius, or get alarmed by a mountain or castle popping up suddenly, right in your face.

It wouldn't be difficult for someone at DTG to just take a look at the code for the trophies, tidy up the closure of processes and clean up the memory management, and ensure that the trophy processes can complete........ but DTG don't understand console users. They don't seem to understand that trophies provide free targeted marketing, on a massive scale, to exactly the right group of people that are potential future customers. Or they don't care.

And although some of their recent job descriptions actually require applicants to have an understanding of console communities, I suspect that when it comes to an interview that if the applicant mentions anything about consoles then they get marked down as unsuitable for the role - it's just there in the job description as a trap to weed out anyone that could be sympathetic to the desires of their major market for TSW, as otherwise they would risk being more successful and making more money. It's far better to be as niche as possible, and not reach out to wider markets and make considerably more cash. Cash isn't everything, after all. It's probably far better to hide away and struggle along.

DTG also refuse to market their Baby Bullet DLC and LIRR M3 DLC on PlayStation Store properly, because there is a risk that they might make more sales if they listed these products on the correct game page. Euuugghhh - more revenue.... what a horrible thought....!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Tried to redo the first 10 minute scenario on RSN this morning to see if it triggered the trophy, but I cannot get the train to move at all now. Had no problem on the very first attempt, but I have tried 3 times now and the train is completely dead.

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep. I can’t get the train on the first (10 minute) RSN scenario to move now. I’m following the instructions but nothing happens. It worked perfectly the first time I tried the scenario, but now nothing. Really weird.

12. Plastic Pal

Yes - "Rise and Shine" is a really badly designed scenario (for an introductory scenario). You have to wait for the brake pressure to build - watch the needle on the right - it takes a very long time. That might also be the scenario where you lose the MCB and pantograph contact for no apparent reason when you move the reverser, and you have to re-apply them again.

The cold-start is probably/possibly actually mostly authentic (which would be great) - but the guidance, instructions/prompts and tooltips are extremely poor. If you continue to get stuck, have a look at this at just after one minute:

.... and note how long it takes for the brake reservoir to charge..... you MUST wait for the needle to stop moving. And then you also have to ensure that when you "release" the brakes that you do not hug L1 in the overcharge position - you should very gingerly drop the brakes into "running" and lightly tap the button to just briefly touch "release". The description given by Matt P in this video also applies to other locos (like the Class 47) - it is VERY useful.

Also - have a look at this, which also explains the cold starts on Rise and Shine (and other locos):

If you have objective markers switched off, then sometimes you might benefit from switching them back on again.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thanks for the info :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just attempted this trophy once again, this time using a new profile.

It didn’t pop again (Quelle Surprise).

Going to leave it on the RSN Main Menu again and keep my PS4 again to see if the trophy pops eventually.

It didn’t last time, but on a new profile, who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

All these “leaving the game on” type remedies are like cures for hiccups. None of them make any difference but everyone swears by the last one they used before the hiccups went away naturally. If the trophy is going to pop up at a later date it will do so even if you turn everything off. Next time you turn on and play a route the trophy will pop up. Anything else is attempted witchcraft.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The MSB all scenarios trophy did pop for me leaving the console and game running, otherwise I wouldn’t bother trying again. It was bizarre, but it took 3-4 hours of leaving the game alone for it to work.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you had turned it off they would have popped up when you turned it on next, the leaving it on was not what made them pop.

18. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to disagree, but that will never happen. The game doesn't "remember" anything you did last time. It also doesn't check the requirements for the trophy without first performing an action on the particular route to which the trophy belongs. Informations about previously fulfilled requirements just aren't available, and I assume it's because they were not saved like the other "normal" statistics.

19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That has never happened for me, but the RSN: Valley Veteran trophy has just popped after leaving the game running (once doing the scenarios) and doing nothing else with the game. It took about 4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I had BR185 freight for 185kms pop for me moments after I hopped in the drivers seat starting a new scenario.

think there are certain triggers that happen aka witchcraft and sorcery, rather than leaving it running.

Any tips for rise and shine would be appreciated. Can’t get the beastie train to move. Following steps, avoiding release of the brakes like the plague and still... stationary

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The second video in an earlier post in this thread will help you with the stuck train. It tells you exactly how to avoid it and how to resolve it. Really useful to watch.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. Watched both and followed steps on where I was going wrong and how to be more careful in the steps.
    Breakover charge (if needed) doesn’t lower the middle dial past 9oclock.

clearly a carbon based error here

23. Plastic Pal

I still can't get this Valley Veteran trophy.... I put in a session on a new profile.... but no luck. Can you remember exactly how you selected the scenario modules.... I would be really appreciative if you could walk me though it (if you can remember)..... so... here's a few questions:

1. Did you use a completely new (totally empty) profile?
    2. When you selected the route, did you:
    ...........a. click on the RSN route with the "globe" highlighted to open it, or
    ...........b. highlight the RSN route (but not click on it), but then select the "train" icon (which then opens the highlighted route)
    3. Did you complete the two "Training" scenarios conisdering them as part of "all scenarios"?
    4. After completing each RSN scenario, did you:
    ...........a. back out to the RSN menu and re-enter the "Scenarios" tab, or
    ...........b. hit the "Play Next Scenario" button?
    5. Did you complete all of the scenarios in one session (takes about three hours)?
    6. Did you visit any other part of the TSW UI menu between doing scenarios?
    7. When you completed the last scenario, and you left the PS4 idle for four hours... did you do this immediately from the debriefing sceen, or did you drop back into the RSN menu?
    8. If you dropped back into the RSN menu.... was it the main page for RSN... of did you have any of the lists (like Journey) open?
    9. Can you provide us with a screenshot of your trophy being awarded - so that I can see the screen you were in?
    10. Can you think of any part of the process that you used that I missed out.....?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Regrettably I can’t remember all of the details you have requested. Before I go any further though, please log a ticket if you haven’t. I was told in a response to my ticket that there were no known issues affecting this trophy, but there clearly is.

From what I do remember, I had uninstalled the game completely and I had only installed the base game with MSB and RSN. I hadn’t downloaded any other DLC (routes or locos).

I did both training sessions.

I then entered the route and selected scenarios. I played each scenario, one after the other, quitting out to the main menu after each one and returning to the next scenario through the scenario menu of the RSN main menu.

Once I did the last scenario and the trophy didn’t pop, I returned to the main RSN menu screen. I did not go into any other menu and just allowed the PS4 to sit idle.

The screenshot indicates the trophy only popped during this idle phase when the PS4 controller was disconnected to save power. 305E2201-3B3B-41F2-B9EC-1C72995A10C4.jpeg

25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sorry. I had used a brand new profile too.

26. Plastic Pal

Brilliant - thanks. So I will try again and make sure that I:

- set up another clean profile
    - do the training scenarios first (just in case they are counted for the trophy)
    - follow the route backing through the RSN menu (I normally do this anyway - this is the process that saves the data...)
    - maybe have a go with it online (you are clearly online in your photo)
    - make sure that once I am done..... that I leave it all well alone, and overnight if necessary...

Your screenshot is a bit strange... there is no listing down the left hand side, and no loco in the station... I don't remember ever seeing that. It is as if the PS4 went to sleep (or was about to go to sleep....), and the trophy woke it up... (or it got processed in those dying seconds)... and either the diorama hasn't had time to reload and populate itself before the screenshot was taken by the trophy process.... I will have a think about it - I might be mistaken on this....

Very many thanks for your help....! But I won't be uninstalling the game... not for a trophy....even though it is the only trophy that I am owed. I actually quite like the scenarios - very dramatic - even though the first three are terribly anti-novice, for "guided" scenarios.

Finally - DTG are well aware that this trophy is broken, and it has been reported many times and discussed on the forum here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/more-broken-achievements-baby-bullet.20562/#post-115869

and here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/trophies-im-owed.20475/#post-114327

and here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dlc-trophies-profiles-problems.17914/#post-91960

and here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/trophies-not-popping-up.16788/#post-82231

and here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...in-sim-world-in-2020.19632/page-2#post-111600

27. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It is laughable that they told me there was no issue. It’s clearly one of the most problematic trophies to unlock.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Plastic Pal

Oh yes - apart form anything else... if you are new to RSN and/or the locos/trains, and you follow the instructions in the guided scenarios accurately and in a timely manner... then the first three scenarios can't be completed..... because you won't be able to move the train.

It's a complete horror-show - and the worst bit is that they know it..... All of the labelling issues that Matt P gets asked about in the stream that covers Rise and Shine.... absolutely nothing was done to fix any of it. All three scenarios have multiple weak points.- it's a shame, because they are beautifully choreographed scenarios (walking, AI, weather, storyline, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  29. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about the trophy problem(s) on this route. When I did the scenarios (between March 18th and April 3rd) the only problem was to get the train running in "Rise and Shine", but I figured that out on my own. The trophies popped instantly, so now I tried to remember the details of what I did at that time. Fortunately I kept more screenshots, not only of the trophies.

I had installed the route DLC and also the loco DLC (BR 155) and some other DLCs. Then I started to play all the scenarios (including those for the BR 155, of course), and I even started them in travel mode. I didn't care about the sequence though. After I finished my last scenario, "Storm Trail", the trophy message appeared faster than the debriefing.

I doubt my experience will be helpful, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Plastic Pal

Actually - this is useful. It is good to have evidence of the trophy actually working as intended, at the right time. This really helps, because it means that things like "waiting four hours" aren't actually necessary......

I am going to rename my next test profile "Slemcer"..... and see if I can voodoo the trophy into my possession.... LOL...! What kind of clothes would you like your avatar to wear...? ;-)