Wonterail's Service Mode Timetable's

Discussion in 'Guides' started by WonterRail, Aug 19, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. Keep posting them on this thread

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Start a new thread

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. (Using this response as a test for future thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

One of the things I've really loved about this game is the service mode timetable that comes with the route. I personally enjoy riding the trains more than actually driving them, and having a pdf copy of the timetable is helpful for getting round the route, deciding what trains to get and seeing what the busiest times of the day are at certain stations along a route.

Now its seems like recently, we haven't seeing many pdf copies of the timetable actually coming with some of the recent routes, and while there are some fan made ones out there, there are still a couple of routes that either don't have pdf copy of the timetable, or if they do, are either incorrect or haven't been updated in regards to new loco add-on's which add addition services to the timetable

So after getting tired of waiting for someone to make a pdf timetable for all routes, I have decided to make some myself. I have already made several timetables for each of the routes plus continued to update them when a new loco add-on adds new services to an existing route.

All of my timetables will be attached here. If they can't be attached on the first post, I will leave links to the post where you can find more timetables (Just click on the route for the timetable you would like to access):
    Project List
    • Timetable updates for Nahverkehr Dresden
    • Pdf Timetable for Northeast Corridor: New York – Trenton
    • Pdf Timetable for Blackpool Branches
    • Pdf Timetable for Maintalbahn
    • Pdf Timetable for Arosalinie (RhB Arosa Aggregates)
    • Pdf Timetable for West Somerset Railway (Steam Gala)
    Do you want more insight into how I actually make my pdf timetable's, then follow the link here to head down to where I talk about the whole process in much more depth.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 74
    • Helpful Helpful x 23
  2. WonterRail

Added Tees Valley Line, Which includes all passenger services and movements to and from Thornsby TMD.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Nice! Thanks for that WonteRail ;)

4. WonterRail

Now added Rapid Transit with addition services from the BR 182 DLC.

Attached Files:

5. WonterRail

Now added Northeast Corridor New York with Keystone services added with the Amfleet Cab Car, including movements to and from Sunnyside Yard.

6. Steve Cummins

Steve Cummins Member

Many thanks for your efforts WonterRail.

7. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Amazeballs, I have no words. Great work WonterRail, thank you!

8. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

This is sensational. Top work cobber.

9. WonterRail

Thanks for the support, always welcome.

Anyways, now done a more accurate West Somerset Railway timetable which is now available.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

You are a dead set legend mate. Cheers.

11. WonterRail

After a lot of work, i have finally finished the timetable for Northern Trans-Pennine. With the DLC freight services and depot movements.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  12. WonterRail

New timetable. This time for Ruhr-Sieg Nord, with passenger, freight, depot/loco movements and addition coal trains services that came with the DB BR 155 DLC.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. WonterRail

Made some alterations to the Peninsula Corridor timetable which include
    • Freight Services have now been added
    • Some of the empty stock services now have additional timings

• Like Like x 1
  14. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Amazing work WonterRail ! These are very much appreciated. :)

15. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Amazing job! I'm working on a small project to collect/merge all timetables produced so far by DTG and other users and I will definitely double check all the informations using your timetables :)

16. WonterRail

New timetable, this time for the new route Rhein-Ruhr Osten, which includes all the S-Bahn, Main Line Passenger, freight services and depot movements.

I've also updated the Ruhr-Sieg Nord timetable slightly by swapping the 4:53 RE16 Service and the 5:20 Hagen yard-Hagen Hbf depot movement around to make them more in order.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. WonterRail

New timetable for Long Island Rail Road.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. WonterRail

Update the Tees Valley Line timetable with a few new additions:
    • Freight services have now been added
    • Services have been colour coded so they can be identified easier
    I have also made some minor tweaks to the Northern Trans-Pennnine timetable. Nothing major, just a few colour adjustments.

19. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Kinda sad how incredibly lazy DTG became and stopped releasing these so we have to depend on people from the community to make them. Great work, thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  20. WonterRail

Updated the Northeast Corridor New York timetable which now includes a new section which has all the freight services and movements in and out of Oak Point Yard.

21. WonterRail

Updated the West Somerset Railway timetable slightly with a few minor tweaks:
    • Official departure time added to the top of all services
    • The 17:15 service has had it's timing for Dunster removed since it doesn't actually stop at Dunster.

22. WonterRail

It took quite a bit of work, but I've finally finished the timetable for Main-Spessart Bahn. Includes all the passenger, freight, banker and returning banker loco services.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. WonterRail

Both the Tees Valley Line & West Somerset Railway timetables have been updated with the follow.

Tees Valley Line:
    • Class 31 services have been added
    • All the passenger service timings and some freight service timings have been redone since previous update change alot of the timings
    West Somerset Railway
    • Class 31 has been added to the loco tab at top of the page.

• Like Like x 2
  24. WonterRail

Completed a more accurate Great Western Express timetable. Included are all the passenger, freight and depot movements.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  25. WonterRail

Finally completed the timetable for East Coastway. Includes all the passenger, freight, depot movements out of Brighton Lovers Walk and the 1 railtour service.

You may also notice that I've also included a few non-drivable AI services that come to & from Hastings/Ore that make an additional stop at Hampden Park while going down into or coming out of Eastbourne.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  26. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This is awesome. Question, how do you get the data? I tried to open the game files, but I did not have a lot of success with that (to be honest, not at all).

27. WonterRail

Interestingly enough, it's actually quite simple. When the 2020 update came out, the entire task schedule became available in the pause menu which showed all the complete and upcoming tasks and most importantly, the timings for that service. So when making these timetables i have essentially gone through every single service within that route and taken the timings from each of them. For the freight service, since usually they don't have timings, i would usually either ride the AI service and take the timing from the end point (since the start point is usually when the service becomes active), or i would start the simulation near the point of when a freight service is due to arrive and its end point and take the time on its arrival.

Now before anyone asks, yes, this was a lot of work, especially since there are some routes which have services in which their timings are completely inaccurate (NEC: New York/GWE) so i would have to correct these in my timetables and in the case of Main-Spessart Bahn, before the December 12th update, none of the services had any timings, this included the passenger services, so i would have to ride one passenger service, take the timings for every stop and then use those timings for every other service that had a similar stopping pattern, and this was on top of 170+ freight services as well. Now in the December 12th update, the whole timetable got overhauled and timings were added to the passenger service and i am going back through and redoing that timetable and i hope to get it out sometime next month.

I hope this gives more insight into how i make my timetables, but i will say, as much as it is a lot of work, when people give me thanks for it, it makes the end result so worth it and it makes me want to continue doing these for all the routes within the game and also, the full task schedule becoming available to view within a service was so important to making these, trust me, if i never had that available to me, i wouldn't be able to make these timetables to the standard that i would of liked.

So again, thanks for support guys and i hope i can continue making these for as long as i can do.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  28. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Wow, thank you very much for your detailed answer. I was hoping you cracked the game files, which in principle should be possible. It must have been a lot of work and I admire your patience. Thanks for your good work!.

29. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

@WonterRail
    Thank you for your work in creating these timetable and making them available to download :)

Peter

30. WonterRail

• Like Like x 4
  31. WonterRail

Peninsula Corridor timetable has been updated to reflect the Baby Bullet update:
    • All timings have been redone
    • All passenger services have their Train Number and Official Departure Time colour coded to reflect what locomotive operates what
    • Stations Broadway, Atherton, Stanford and College Park have been removed from the timetable since no trains stop there anyways.
    See the first post for timetable.

• Like Like x 2
  32. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Well you deserve it. Excellent work and superb dedication!

• Like Like x 1
  33. WonterRail

New timetable for CN Oakville Subdivision is complete. Includes the main line services and industrial zone switching around Hamilton Yard.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  34. WonterRail

Timetable for Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr is now available. All services are included (Regional, S-Bahn & Freight).

EDIT 2/4/2020: Updated to reflect the April 2nd patch which now has all westbound RE2 services stop at Mulheim (Ruhr) Hbf instead of Mulheim (Ruhr) West.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. WonterRail

Redone two timetables for Peninsula Corridor and Main-Spessart Bahn to reflect recent additions to both routes:

Peninsula Corridor:
    • MP15DC Services added
    • Some service timings have been redone again to reflect recent updates
    Main-Spessart Bahn:
    • DB BR 204 Services added (Which there were only 3 of them worth adding since this explains why it didn't take long to add this to the timetable)
    See original posts here to find new timetables:

Peninsula Corridor: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/wonterails-service-mode-timetables.17878/

Main-Spessart Bahn: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/wonterails-service-mode-timetables.17878/#post-103419

36. WonterRail

Updated the Tees Valley Timetable to reflect the recent Class 20 add-on:
    • Class 20 services added (even if there were only 4)
    • Timing adjustments made to services 6M05 & 6M09
    See the first post for updated timetable.

EDIT: I've also made some minor tweaks to both the Great Western Express & NEC: New York timetables.

NEC: New York
    • Fixed the 20:15 Northeast Regional's arrival time at New Rochelle
    Great Western Express
    • Added the departure time for the 1P51 service
    NEC timetable can be found in the first post while the Great Western Express timetable can be found in the original post here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/wonterails-service-mode-timetables.17878/#post-105997

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  37. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Thanks again for being diligent with the latest DLC.

Timetables are one of my bugbears about TSW. Reminds me that I should put this down for Q&A on TSW2!

I've played Hellfire (haulage bashing) and various signalling/Rail Traffic Control sims over the decades. I can't think of any exception where a timetable look-up isn't available. DTG may say that the are available from third parties, but for a sim that is stated to be an "immersive environment" as a cornerstone it just removes you from the game itself if you have to refer to another device for timetable information.

38. WonterRail

Updated a few timetables with the following:

Main-Spessart Bahn:
    • New service from the July 9th update has been added
    West Somerset Railway
    • Class 20 added to loco tab at the top of the page
    NEC New York:
    • Services F07-1 & F08-1 have been rearranged to be more in order
    You can find the NEC & WSR Timetables on the top page with the MSB timetable in the original post here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/wonterails-service-mode-timetables.17878/#post-103419

39. WonterRail

Now i want to take the time to post about what my plans are regarding TSW2 and making pdf service mode timetables for the game, since the pre-orders have now started and we are now 2 weeks away from launch.

What i want to say is that i will be continuing to do pdf timetables for TSW2 for the time being but i do want to say this.

Firstly, i will be making timetables for both Sand Patch Grade & Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen, but i will be updating the Köln-Aachen timetable when MSB & RRO get added to the preserved collection, since they are going to be adding a combined 173 services between them. However, i will not be making a timetable for the Bakerloo Line right away, i will be waiting for the timetable upgrade to come out which will have around 450 services and then i will be doing it, if and when it comes. The reason for this is that the Bakerloo Line timetable won't be fully finished on release and since i will be doing this timetable last, i don't want to be in a situation where i'm making the Bakerloo Line timetable from launch and then the upgrade gets released while i'm making the first timetable and then having to completely redo it.

Now i know that the Köln-Aachen timetable will be waiting upon more services from the preserved collection, but with that, at least there won't be many services in the base game upon release so i'll probably have that done pretty quickly. With the Bakerloo Line, since the working timetable is huge and you've got to factor in that even if i did do the Bakerloo Line timetable at release, when the timetable upgrade comes out, sometimes with a timetable upgrade, they either change some of the existing service timing or remove existing services so the last thing i want to be doing is make a Bakerloo LIne timetable from launch, the upgrade be released and then having to potentially redo 200 existing services while adding 250 new ones, and keep in mind that the total services in the Bakerloo line will eventually be 450 and doing even a route of few hundred services is a lot of work especially if it has freight services that have no timings at all (Which Bakerloo Line doesn't have but just a lot of passenger services/depot movements). So my plan is to wait until Bakerloo Line timetable upgrade comes out and then i will be doing it all in one go, when it eventually comes out after the release of the game, i promise.

The other thing i want ask is this. So do i keep posting timetables on this thread or start a new thread so i can keep TSW1 & TSW2 timetables separate? I've put up a poll at the top of the page and i will be taking the decision after a week and i will do whatever gets the most votes. This is important regarding where i should post timetable for the 3 routes and any future routes/add-ons that come with TSW2.

This has been a long thread, but i hope you understand what i have to say regarding TSW2 and what i'm going to the doing regarding making pdf timetables for the game, but i am looking forward to getting my hands on the game and ultimately making timetables for the 3 routes and any future routes/add-ons that come with it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  40. WonterRail

Main a few changes to some of timetables which include:

Ruhr-Sieg Nord:
    • DB 80209 freight service now has it's dash lines for all the stations it doesn't stop at.
    Long Island Rail Road:
    • Services 710 & 1910 now have more accurate service timings
    Main-Spessart Bahn:
    • The 10:34 Heigenbrücken-Aschaffenburg RB Service now has a more accurate departure time from Heigenbrücken
    Great Western Express:
    • The 4L58 Freight Service now has it's arrival time into Acton Yard corrected
    These timetables can be found in their respective posts. You can a find a link to them in the first post.

41. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Fantasic work and effort WonterRail , can we expect this also with tsw 2?

42. WonterRail

See the big post i made two posts above you.

But for short, yes i will be continuing to do pdf timetables for the time being. I also want to say that i will be doing the Sand Patch Grade timetable first, then i will be doing SFS: Köln-Aachen timetable (before it's timetable upgrade from preserved collection routes) and finally the Bakerloo Line last and that will only be when the timetable upgrade comes out. Also, if it just so happens that the Bakerloo Line timetable upgrade comes out while i'm making the SPG timetable, i will swap the order round and do the Bakerloo Line timetable after I've finished the SPG timetable and leave Köln-Aachen till last, if that makes sense.

Also, don't forget to vote in the poll i put up at the top of the page regarding what you want me to do regarding posting timetables on this forum going forward (Which, judging by the way the poll is going, it seems like you want me to continuing posting here).

43. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

My apolgise i didnt see your long post.
    I have now read it.

Yes love the updates you keep doing, i have also voted on keep this thread for TSW 2, it keeps everything in the same place and easier to find.

44. WonterRail

Made some small tweaks to the Tees Valley Line Timetable which include:
    • Reordered services 6E46 & 6M06 to be more in order
    • Fixed up a timing for the 2D61 passenger service
    Also, the votes are in and it seems like you want me to continue using this post, which makes sense in making sure everything is in one place. The first timetable will be for Sand Patch Grade, but i'm not gonna rush into making any timetables yet as i want time to explore the game a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  45. WonterRail

Well here it is. It took me a week to make this, but i have finally finished the first timetable for TSW2. It is for Sand Patch Grade. Included are all the freight services, plus the coal moves at Rockwood & Shaw Mines.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  46. oliverwest523

oliverwest523 New Member

Hello, can you add trains per hour to other timetables please and add trains diagrams (all connected services) to all timetables, and add spawning times (in of map) /out of map times please

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  47. WonterRail

One after the Sand Patch Grade timetable, i have finished the next timetable for TSW2. For Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen (Pre Preserved Collection) , included all the ICE & RE9 Services and the depot movements at the end of the day.

Like I've said before, don't expect a Bakerloo Line timetable until after the timetable upgrade comes out, if and when it does. Now....

In both of the new timetables I've created, I've introduced a new section for trains per hour which goes over how many trains runs the route per hour (Depot movements are not included unless it's a light engine movement or a empty stock move that travels a portion of the route such as in between stations). The plan is to add this to every over timetable I've made.

Train diagrams are more complicated and i'm not quite sure how to do them with the materials I've got at the, so i won't be doing them for the time being unfortunately.

Spawning times in and out of map is something i could do (I mean i already have a few for East Coastway at the Eastbourne end of the route since a few spawning in/spawning out services stop at Hampden Park on their way in/out of the route) but i need work out how i can incorporate them into the existing timetable first, but it is something i would like to do eventually.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. oliverwest523

oliverwest523 New Member

1D45 London Paddington to Reading 22.19 and 1K96 London Paddington to Reading 22.21 missing

49. WonterRail

What are you talking about? They are clearly there, On page 10, on the right hand side. I've checked this multiple times.

50. WonterRail

The first batch of updated timetables which now feature the trains per hour tab have now been uploaded. The routes that now have this feature are:
    • East Coastway
    • Peninsula Corridor
    • Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    • Long Island Rail Road
    • Tees Valley Line
    • Ruhr-Sieg Nord
    I've also updated the 6Y43 service on the East Coastway timetable with more accurate timings.

Each of these timetables can be found either on the first post, or in their respective posts which can be accessed from the first post.

In terms of how i plan to update every other timetable to have the trains per hour tab, they will be done in the order that they come over to TSW2 via Preserved Collection. But don't worry, that doesn't mean NEC: New York won't be getting it. I will, but it will be the last route to be updated.

• Like Like x 2