Tsw 2 Roadmap

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeanmarc094, Aug 18, 2020.

1. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

IM REALLY EXCITED WITH WHAT I SAW. Like the article mentioned, the roadmap is subject to change as a project might get suspended or even binned due whatever reasons(DTG will explain it). me i think those who are more subject to get suspended or binned is those in planning phase. i dont think they will bin something already in production. The most im excited about is Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras via Ebbsfleet to Faversham. Seem Class 313 is confirmed. But its a loco add on, it can be done. i think more of the future routes. im just reading the article as it is.
    • Isle of Wight (Rivet Games); (Upcoming phase)
    • Munich – Augsburg with DB BR 403 & 423. (In production phase)
    • Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras via Ebbsfleet to Faversham with Class 395, 375. (In production phase)
    • DB BR 363 (Ruhr-Sieg Nord) (In production phase)
    • C40-8W (Sand Patch Grade) (In production phase)
    • Arosa Line. With Ge 4/4 II. (Rivet Games) (Planning phase)
    • Union pacific Cane Creek. With AC4400CW & SD40-2 (Skyhook Games) (Planning phase)
    • Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante. With SD40-2, F7 A/B. (Planning phase)
    • Hamburg – Lubeck. BR 112 + Doppelstockwagen & BR 182. (Planning phase)
    • LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon. With TGV Duplex. (Planning phase)
    • Class 313 for ECW. (Planning phase)
    • Class 465 (Southeastern High Speed) (Planning phase)
    • DB BR 101 (Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen) (Planning phase)
    • DB BR 187 (Skyhook Games) (Planning phase)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm looking forward to all of these. The old wallet is going to be taking quite a bashing methinks over the next year. :love:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

I'm super excited as well! But I was kinda bummed out when I didn't see anything to do with the Pacific Surfliner. I was holding onto the small hope that it might be included. But that's my problem. Other than that I'm so happy theres a French route coming!

4. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

I'm really disappointed with this.

I was disappointed with the first British route for a train simulator being a metro...

Now, they are adding an overground tube 'train' route on the Isle of Wight and another Southern-centred route involving a lot of tunnels and plastic units.

Why is it all so South Eastern England centric? It's all fixed formation EMU multiple units.

Dull. There is a whole world outside of third rail land.

I pre-ordered this sim but I might just get an instant steam refund and forget all about it. Realistically, we're looking at 12 months for the possibility of maybe getting something that's not running EMU's or metro's in the South East of England.

*Unless the Isle of Wight includes the heritage railway.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

What were you thinking, specifically? Perhaps something around Leeds or Darlington? Or perhaps you would be more at home in Somerset?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

Specifically; the Highland Mainline would be my ideal route, but I would have settled for pretty much any route that would have provided more variety than the current three! The Heart of Wales line, the Airedale, the Esk Valley lines are three that haven't been done. Any of the 'main lines' would have been fine too.

I get that people like different things, but 3 routes and they are all very similar and in a relatively similar part of the network! I actually don't understand what DTG are thinking with this? It shows real disregard for the rest of the UK. It is only my personal opinion, but I think the South Eastern sector is by far the dullest in the UK (that's not to say it is entirely devoid of interest).

• Like Like x 4
  7. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

No sector of the UK is dull. If you live in the southeast you wouldn’t think so. I personally find heritages diesels dull but we had two consecutive very similar 1980s set routes both in the North of England in NTP and Tees Valley and now we have two consecutive Southern based modern routes. Seems fair enough to me. And we haven’t had any UK overhead AC EMUs yet so Southeastern high speed is bringing something new to the table. I’d be amazed if the route after London to Faversham isn’t set in the North or Wales or Scotland.

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward for the Dash 8 for Sandpatch!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Yes the second heavy northamerican diesel for TSW. I'm so excited.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

No heritage railway unfortunately (I asked Rivet and got this reply).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

Thanks for the information!

12. solon

solon Active Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  13. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

Why at Hamburg - Lübeck the uniform mass of wagons and locomotives that you already know from other German routes? Why not even a German Classic Route from the 60s, 70s, or 80s with new locomotives and wagons. Like the V200 or BR 110 with matching express train wagons, or the BR 212 with old N-Wagen and the BR 140 for freight traffic.

14. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

I think that’s the point. Because they’re still in lockdown working from home, they chose ones that already had a lot of completed research.

• Like Like x 3