PlayStation Br Class 31 ‘cement Circle’

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Jun 23, 2020.

1. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

They dont need to reverse engineer it, as i wrote exactly what i did they can just do the same think with the tools (free solution - almost 0 work for them). If they give me the tools for TSW1 i can make more fixes which they can release for all platforms as they will not support TSW1 after TSW2 release - no more fixes from DTG for TSW1 (but i dont think that will happened).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Oh, I am fairly sure that DTG will fix this bug. The question is when.

If it isn't fixed before 6th August 2020 then it will become an excellent candidate to test whether they really do have a policy to try to not fix bugs, including "Must Fix" bugs (this "policy" is not something that anyone from DTG has actually explictly stated at any point). This particular bug has some interesting features that make it a "Must Fix" bug:

- it breaks a key featured "level" for current DLC (a key "Scenario");
    - it breaks a key feature internal progress counter ("Journey"); and,
    - it breaks a PS4 trophy ("Full Circle") that is specifically assigned to this Scenario, making it a permanently broken PCP feature.

In addition:

- the bug didn't previously exist until DTG introduced it with the prep for the Class 20 DLC;
    - the impact of the prep for the Class 20 DLC was not put through sufficiently effective QA;
    - there is strong evidence that the bug exists across all platforms;
    - the reason for the bug is known; and,
    - the bug is really easy to fix, with solutions being posted on DTG's own Forums.

In short, I would be very surprised if the bug isn't fixed before 6th August 2020. We will see what happens. If it isn't fixed by 6th August 2020, then I am very sure that it will be fixed before 6th October 2020.

So, not long to wait..... relatively speaking.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  3. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I’m concerned it affects the trophy ‘Beaming with pride’ as well. I have tried all workarounds for that one (currently in hour three of my *second* six-hour spell of inactivity to try and prompt it). Nothing has worked with that trophy to get it to work, where workarounds have worked for me every time on every other route before this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plastic Pal

It should not affect "Beaming With Pride" - that's only assoicated with original TVL scenarios without the DLC - but if you can evidence the reverse (because you have done all of the original TVL scenarios) , then that would be interesting (and new to me).

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheTipsyRaccoon

I know that another route’s base trophies somehow became reliant on DLC. IIRC it was “German Legend” on Rapid Transit. It didn’t pop for me and others until I’d done the vast majority of the DB BR 182 and DBpbzfa services that were bolted on as well.

I understand it shouldn’t be that way though, but I am weighing up deleting the Class 31 DLC and retrying to see if that helps but I’d rather not lose my progress within that DLC if I can avoid it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plastic Pal

Those trophies were redefined to be inter-dependent.... to be clearer... you are given the choice of how to complete two of the original trophies from the package that pre-dated MSB/NTP/LIRR..... so that you could get the American one by doing all NEC or all LIRR, and you get the German one by doing all RT or all MSB.

The key with the "X services" and "all services" trophies is that they must be done in Timetable mode - all of them, individually. So... for example.... if you complete the Class 31 Journey... about 15 services..... then the number of services you would have completed for the "Cemented Skillset" trophy would be..... zero. You would have to do them all again under Timetable mode.

Never do anything in Journey mode, if you are interested in trophies, until you have bagged all of the relevant trophies, because it can start getting quite complicated if you do some from Journey mode and some from Timetable mode..... (as you will have to re-do anything ticked off under Journey)........

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dave the Guard

Dave the Guard New Member

I too am also facing the same problem in the scenario ‘Cement Circle’ on PS4. Red signal that never changes and the other goods train is stuck at red too. Very frustrating. Please fix ASAP!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plastic Pal

This will certainly get fixed on PS4, as they have chosen to provide trophy support - so they must implement it in a way that is functional. This one is a "Must Fix" no-brainer, so I am sure they will fix it before 6th August 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Is this a Sony/Playstation requirement?

• Like Like x 1
  10. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Don't think anybody said but this bug is very much an xbox issue also. And i also have the two 37's coupled with both number 1 ends together so they are always stuck at signal behind me on the other side of the junction so very much hoping for a fix from Devs

• Like Like x 2
  11. Plastic Pal

I don't think it is a requirement to provide trophy support (although I could be wrong about that). But if you do provide trophy support, in a PlayStation Compatible Product, then it becomes a key platform-feature, and if it is broken then it must be fixed. So they will fix it.

If they actually don't fix it, or if they make it clear that they have no intention to fix such features (something that DTG has never said, explicitly), then it would be fairly easy to challenge such a decision... and then it would get fixed pretty quickly afterwards. I think you'd find that if that had to happen then a few months later DTG would suddenly find themeselves implementing an effective QA process for PlayStation. So, either way, it will get fixed. We will have to wait and see what DTG will do, and when.

If they don't fix it - then that will create an excellent opportunity to raise all of the intermittently failing trophies as well - so maybe it would be a good thing if they try to ignore the Class 31 for now... so that in the long run they will be...um.... strongly motivated..... to make significant improvements to their approach to QA.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just had this from Tech Support.

Fingers crossed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  13. Plastic Pal

That sounds fairly definite and reasonably committed - this will get fixed.... ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

First time poster here, this thread and the info is great and last night trying this for the first time I thought I was going crazy.

reading the first page of this made me try and get the driverless loco started up myself.

the usual leave service prompt gave something odd. Rather than the scenario name it said “do I wish to leave PlayerService2” when attempting to sit in the drivers seat.

great news from matjamca above though, let’s hope it won’t be too long before a patch is deployed.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

1.46 dropped today. Hefty at 2+ gb in size
    It appears to be mostly German fixes on the release notes.

tried this scenario again for dare I say fun..
    Still broken so don’t waste your time.

here’s to hoping for 1.47

• Like Like x 2
  16. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Here the same, on Xbox side.

Some screens to help to investigating (note: I temporary removed the Class 20 addon to play/repeat this Class 31 Scenario, but the permanent red signal is always along the main line, at about 1.2 miles from the goal. I also wait for more of 30 minutes in front of the red signal, but nothing happened)

Train Sim World® 2020-07-11 16-17-38.png

Train Sim World® 2020-07-11 16-14-48.png

Train Sim World® 2020-07-11 16-17-12.png

Train Sim World® 2020-07-11 16-16-46.png

I highy suspect that the change of track (in the last screen) its the cause of the bug. Looks like if an AI train call for an instance to travel across the switchers part, but this AI train (I suspect a Class 20?) isn't on the scenario. So we wait stuck here for the eternity.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I also had this issue yesterday and this morning, red light just short of tees yard. I can confirm I have class 20 dlc installed as well. Do hope developers can sort this, you don't feel you want to play tees Valley routes, knowing you will likely experience same problem.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I also have the red light problem with cement circle. Instantly after passing the last go via location, red light that will not change. Playstation 4 and also have the class 20 dlc

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

With the Chopper and Change scenario. If it is after you uncouple the two wagons outside the repair shop that you get the red light I had it at that point. After three or four tries and watching a video of someone doing it without any problem I thought, what if anything did they do different to me. Then I realised what they did was they uncoupled the two wagons by getting out and walking to them, whereas I was doing it in camera mode while I was still sitting in the loco cab.

I did it all again but this time I got out of the loco to uncouple and no red light.

Hope this helps if you are still unable to get past

• Like Like x 1
  20. trainsimcz

Just to be clear, it has nothing to do if you own or dont own Class 20 DLC. Update before Class 20 did that so even if you own or dont own that DLC you will still have the problem. I did a fix for PC version and i cant believe that it takes so long for DTG to fix that as i even explain how i fix that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

I'm experiencing this issue, too have Class 20 dlc installed as well.

22. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Given it's less than a month until release of TSW 2, where development support ends for TSW 2020, I'm guessing this one will remain? A shame, as I've yet to complete this scenario...

23. KennyD

KennyD New Member

I'm currently stuck at the red signal in my Class 31 DLC, 1.3m from Tees Yard (PS4, no Class 20 installed). Route looks clear ahead and behind with no AI stacking. A Class 101 came passing by in the opposite direction but no change to the red signal. This is my first run with the Cement Circle scenario since purchasing this DLC.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Plastic Pal

Development of TSW2020 is due to end - so no new features..... but bug-reporting and bug-fixing will continue. DTG have said nothing about ceasing bug-reporting and bug-fixing for TSW (TSW2020). They have said nothing at all about that. Nothing.

The Cement Circle bug will get fixed. I have every faith in DTG that they will fix this bug and push an update out before 6th August 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  25. johnny69wells

I have reported this bug, as well, so hopefully will get fixed.:)

• Like Like x 2
  26. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

Thank You trainsimcz for this fix xD

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  27. TheTipsyRaccoon

How is it that people have made fixes for this and DTG still haven’t just utilised this work someone has done for free and pushed it to consoles. It seems like very little work on their part to fix a major issue with a paid DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...I agree, I have no idea why implementing your fix would take so long either. Did any DTG folks ever get back to you on this fix (private message, etc)?

• Like Like x 1
  29. TheTipsyRaccoon

I put in a ticket and they came back to say it was being looked at but that was as specific as it got. Sam yesterday said on a TSW2 stream that they’re making sure all trophies work for preserved collection routes before bumping them up to TSW2, however then confirmed here that they have no plans to make any fixes to current issues on the current game. Absolutely nonsensical if they’re fixing it anyway, and frankly embarrassing for them to still be selling the Class 31 dlc in its current condition. How can the dev team be proud of it just left as it is?

• Like Like x 1
  30. trainsimcz

Nope, nobody contact me.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

A fix is in sight. It’s right at the bottom of the road map released today, could be a way off still but it’s on the list. Will be the toughest bronze trophy I’ve ever earned when it’s working :D

• Like Like x 4
  32. denwar

denwar New Member

Also broken for me on PC.
    Thanks to TrainsimCZ for the fix.

As mentioned above the official fix is bottom of road map, so I assume the fix comes with a pricetag.......TSW2

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Why do you assume it comes with a price tag?

• Like Like x 1
  34. denwar

denwar New Member

The fix is on the TSW2 roadmap.
    So you would have to purchase TSW2 to receive the fix.

I may be wrong but I believe no more patches are coming to TSW2020 after the TSW2 release?

• Like Like x 2
  35. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Didn't you realise that the Class 31 came with a £25 surcharge if you wanted to use all the scenarios?

In all seriousness, I hope the fix comes to both games and not just TSW2. Likewise I hope the new bug fixing team will actually fix exiting bugs in the preserved content. After all, preserved locos are generally kept in a remarkable condition and not just abandoned down some sidings...

• Like Like x 1
  36. TheTipsyRaccoon

Sam did say that the plan is to patch both Cement Circle and the Miles Platting bug from NTP on both games but more information will become available as it moves up the road map

• Like Like x 1
  37. denwar

denwar New Member

I knew I had read it somewhere.

TSW2-FAQ

38. TheTipsyRaccoon

Since then, on the discussion post for the road map, Sam said they plan to fix it on TSW2020 as well as for preserved collection.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This is accurate. Our intention is to fix two outstanding issues (this being one of them) on both TSW2 and TSW2020.

• Like Like x 2
  40. johnny69wells

I have standard edition of TSW2020, on disk, is new game only be download?

41. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Just to update on this, at least on PS4, I was able to complete this scenario once again so it must have been fixed. I thought I saw it way down the roadmap though when I last looked. Anyway, it’s working in TSW2 at least

• Like Like x 2
  42. johnny69wells

Thanks TinTin give that a try tomorrow, on TSW2020, see it works be great if it did. Was watching the live stream over night, Mat driving 101, on Tess Valley, quite funny.

43. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah the Preserved Collection version definitely works. Good luck with the TSW2020 try

• Like Like x 1
  44. TheTipsyRaccoon

That’s reassuring then that they’ve fixed it there. Hopefully that means that the separate entry on the roadmap is purely for TSW2020 and hopefully it’s still on there on Tuesday and they aren’t settling with just fixing it for preserved. I need that trophy haha!

• Like Like x 1
  45. lee.nixon1

lee.nixon1 New Member

Anybody still having issues with the cement circle scenario on TSW 2020 as previously posted ? I thought they were addressing the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

They were addressing the problem but it was for TSW 2 not TSW 2020 as they no longer support or apply fixes to it anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It is fixed in TSW 2.

• Like Like x 2
  48. lee.nixon1

lee.nixon1 New Member

Yes , but if they are charging full price to buy the add ons for the 2020 version and I assume they are available on TSW2 as well. you’d think they’d have it fixed for both .

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t think they support TSW 2020 anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  50. TheTipsyRaccoon

Yeah I’ve totally given up pushing them to fix it, they aren’t going to. And they’ve lost out on so much money from me as I’m not paying a game developer that won’t ensure their games and add-one are playable at a minimum before abandoning them.

• Like Like x 1