Crossing Content From Another Platform

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SimuDan, Aug 25, 2020.

1. SimuDan

SimuDan New Member

I think I already know the answer to this, but I have TSW 2020 on the Xbox one, and have bought TSW2 on PC (to make it easier to record content for my YouTube channel).

I am wondering if there would be any way that I could get preserved content from my Xbox transferred to my PC TSW 2. If I put in a ticket for this is it likely to just be thrown out?

2. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

No, sorry, you’d have to repurchase it for the PC.

From the Frequently Asked Questions:

- If I played TSW2020 on PC and want to use my preserved collection on PlayStation...?
    Your collection stays on the platform you originally bought it. You cannot move it to another platform. If you played Train Sim World 2020 on Xbox One your preserved collection will be only Xbox One only.

3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I can’t help but think if they’re both linked to the same Xbox account we should be entitle to have it able too. I’d understand if we bought first on Xbox store then second on steam.
    Surely both on the same licensee account we should get it carried over

4. albatross365

albatross365 New Member

Same platform and same account means you will get it. Not all of it has been updated and released yet.

5. SimuDan

SimuDan New Member

This is the answer I expected. Worth a punt though.

6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i think though to play a game on the pc and xbox it has to be on the xbox play anywhere thing

7. FeralKitty

But it isn’t an Xbox account being used on the PC, it’s a Steam account, with its own progress and achievements. What you accomplish in TSW on one platform isn’t carried over to the other, and its DLC isn’t shared either.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FeralKitty

Xbox and PC are not the same platform, and Steam and Xbox logins are not the same account.

• Like Like x 1
  9. chieflongshin

Sorry to be a dog with a bone but I log in to the same user name with same password and email address and the same payment details. How is a cross platform service with one log in not the same account? I don’t get it.

im questioning using my dlc on the same account and why that’s not possible. I appreciate platform and store differences stop this but my Microsoft account is one account

10. chieflongshin

I would log into Microsoft store and buy TSW2 through here for pc which I understand I can do.

STAND CORRECTED - so now I feel a bit shafted I cannot buy TSW2 through Xbox store for pc. Now I’m in a quandary. Buy for Xbox with downgraded graphics and keep my routes or lose £125 of dlc when my Xbox becomes redundant and sold in a month

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  11. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Someone posted a few day ago that he explained the situation to the Microsoft Store representatives and they gave him a refund for all the DLC so he could buy the game in Steam, since there is no upgrade path to TSW2 in the Microsoft Store.

12. chieflongshin

that’s useful info. Does anyone know who this was? I may have to take this approach

13. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Read this post.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. chieflongshin

Thank you. Well nothing ventured nothing gained. I’ll give it a go

• Like Like x 1
  15. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

What the worst they could say? No? Well that would be the same if you didn't give it a go so what have you got to lose?

16. FeralKitty

While some games may be played anywhere (and progress is shared across platforms), TSW2 is not one of those titles. The PC version is available from Steam, not from Microsoft. It doesn’t use your Microsoft account to play it. It is launched by Steam, and it uses your Steam account to play it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  17. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i believe for you to be able to play a game on the Microsoft store on PC and be able to play it on xbox it has to be on the list of games which are xbox anywhere which isn't all to many on the xbox site

• Helpful Helpful x 1