PlayStation Ecw Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Sep 4, 2020.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

I've been very negative lately, especially about new routes performances and bugs. These days I'm playing the preserved ECW and I have to admit: this is just great. I already loved ECW when it came out last year on TSW 2020 and I played it a lot. Comparing it to the new routes it seems even better: rock-solid fps, great draw distance, detailed stations, better textures, etc. etc. DTG, what happened since then? Why aren't you able to replicate this? Bakerloo Line could have been a new ECW in terms of quality, but, well, it doesn't even seem developed by the same people... Come on, you can do it.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Great draw distance, detailed stations, better textures, etc. etc.
    Hi, I agree with you 100% I just love the ECW. its works a treat. For some reason I just cant get on the the 3 default runs on TSW2.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Love ECW, completed it on TSW 2020, already started doing it again on TSW 2

4. ildario77

Oh, and a lot of detailed landmarks: London Road Viaduct, Nettleton Court and Dudeney Lodge (you can spot them on the left while approaching London Road station), Amex Stadium, Lewes Priory Park, Newhaven Harbour, the abandoned Bishopstone Beach Halt...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I agree. East Coastway was awesome. Really enjoyable, smooth and the sounds were actually quite good. I think that's the main reason why TSW2 is such a disappointment. They nailed ECW and I thought 'yes they've cracked it' so I really wasn't expecting some of the issues with the Bakerloo to be there. Was the guy who worked on the sound on ECW the same guy who worked on the sound for the Bakerloo? I would be surprised if it was. I don't understand why TSW2 is a step backwards but it is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

East Coastway is by far my favourite route despite it predominantly only having one type of passenger train. It is a very well built route, with the 2020 version having very few bugs and clearly a lot of effort went into making it. It also has AI West Coastway, Brighton Mainline and Hastings services which makes Brighton station feel quite lively compared to say Paddington in GWE. I can't wait to see the class 313 added to route which should make it even more interesting.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

ECW is a fantastic route. Definitely one of my favourites. Pity the signalling and AWS seem to have gotten broken in TSW 2, but hopefully nothing major that can’t be quickly put right.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

East Coastway is one of my favourites as it is my local.
    Loving the whole route and can’t wait for the 313.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rail Runner

Hopefully they add a Class 73 for either some route learning or some RHTT services! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cottonmouth

Just looking forward to West Somerset Railway Route.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Yeah I like the draw distances in ECW
    seems a bit strange pulling into Cumberland hard and this massive mountain just appears in the distance...

• Like Like x 2
  12. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I wasn't following the conversation 100%, so don't hold me to this, but I thought I heard TrainSim-Matt say in his stream yesterday evening, that is was working fine, that it is supposed to stay on yellow like that

13. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

No once I saw it on my own stream I understood what was being referred to and that isn't right.

• Like Like x 3
  14. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I might buy ECW it does look like a nice route & the Cutting closures scenario looks cool also.

That's the thing I don't understand about DTG like how the heck can you make such a perfect route then go back to the cycle of making a horrible route. I know this thread is suppose to be positive but you know how it works the Dovetail Touch ®

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

When doing a preserved route, does everything come over, what you have done, or do start again?

16. jasonpfc

Start again on the tsw 2 version, but tsw 1 stats stay where they are.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

ECW is probably the best route on TSW in terms of quality and playability.

:)

I knew there is something positive in you

• Like Like x 6
  18. jasonpfc

I have to agree there save_0.png

• Like Like x 3
  19. derek40p

derek40p Member

I love this route and the trians

20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I can’t wait for the Class 313 to join the route. I love it’s sound.

• Like Like x 2
  21. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

To be honest here, I'm split between choosing either East Coastway or the new Koln-Aachen route as my favorite DLCs!
    One of my favorite things is getting immersed in the sounds of the Class 377's and the ICE3's, especially how they sound like you're in a insulated cab, with all those muffled noises going on behind you. They're both absolutely fantastic :)

• Like Like x 2
  22. Cottonmouth

Tell you what guys, Have you seen that monster of a building as you come into Newhaven Town Stop? Looks like something from Chernobyl site in fact its the Veolia Waste Incinerator Plant. That's why I love this route, it's the attention to all the various buildings etc that have been added.
    Newhaven_Incinerator_-_geograph.org.uk_-_2664604.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  23. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

ECW is also my absolute favorite when it comes to route design. :)
    What I like here is the incredible amount of details - there are so many gardens with laundry, trampolines or small swimming pools. In Falmer you can hear the distant sounds of the stadium, in other places it's the seagulls which you can spot flying around... just great! :)

What I always wanted to ask, I find it quite unusual that the 8-car trains between Brighton and Eastborne are too long for many platforms where they're stopping at, even at Lewes. Does this happen in reality as well? I'm just curious because I never saw something like this here in Germany :)

• Like Like x 2
  24. Northerner

Yeah this is accurate. If you look at the three door open buttons, one is labeled as SDO (Selective Door Opening), in real life pressing that button would only open the doors on the coaches that are platformed. This is used as it can be very expensive to extend platforms, so at smaller stations SDO is sometimes used instead. At Lewes it would be near impossible to extend platforms 3, 4 and 5 due to the bridge at one end and the junction at the other.
    In the game, if you press open door button instead of open all doors (I think the buttons are labelled something like this) on the drivers desk then only the doors on the front unit are opened.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. gordon.ramsden

gordon.ramsden New Member

Its fairly common here. Certainly my local station on the same network has a short platform so when longer trains stop the last carriages are outside the platform and the appropriate doors don't open.

• Like Like x 1
  26. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

27. Cottonmouth

Hi, Thanks you have just sorted a problem i have had for ages

• Like Like x 2
  28. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I love ECW myself. But for the past week I'm only playing it on TSW2020 because of how bad it looks with all the lighting glitches and wonky colour pallet they used for TSW2.

I'd love to play the TSW2 version only but right now the 2020 version is superior.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Cottonmouth

Hi, In my view I think ECW looks better in TSW2, far better draw distance.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Rail Runner

One thing I have been noticing is the sound bugs. AWS alarms and horns briefly cutting out. Almost oscillating slightly.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Northerner

Yeah, I get a short buzzing sound every so often when the AWS sounds and the AWS sounds cut in and out.

• Like Like x 1
  32. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification! Here it's the opposite: With the upcoming EMUs and DMUs over the years the platforms usually are far longer than the trains stopping at them.

So it's not so cool to overshoot the signal at Lewes towards Eastborne and stop at the very end of the platform in order to get all train doors to open at the platform. Good to know. :D
    Is there any passenger information for those stops to avoid unpleasant surprises?

• Like Like x 1
  33. Northerner

Yeah, there will be automatic announcements on approach to stations with short platforms to move to the front x coaches or the guard will make a manual announcement.
    SDO is only really fitted to modern stock but some older stock has been retrofitted with it. If rolling stock with automatic doors does not have SDO, the guard usually only opens a single door, if the train is too long for the platform. On stock with manually operated slam doors, all the doors can be unlocked at some stations with short platforms but this is getting increasingly rare as trains with slam doors are being replaced and I think it now only occurs on the Midland Mainline with HSTs.

• Like Like x 1
  34. ildario77

One of the reasons I love this route: it's not just full of details and technically good, but also full of life. I love to wait for a new service at Lewes (did a lot of non-stop Brighton-Lewes and back services) looking at AI trains coming and going...

8ed68279-6137-46b3-9fd3-e02fd6292e13.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  35. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

ECW is definitely a must have DLC for TSW.

• Like Like x 5