Preserved Collection 2 Is Not Showing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DB628, Sep 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem on Xbox One. I own Ruhr-Sieg Nord and Long Island Rail Road from TSW 2020, but I only see them for full price in the store (both in-game and in the Microsoft Store). It's as if the store doesn't recognize our licenses. Microsoft store often updates at 7 PM CEST (55 or so minutes from now) so I would definitely wait for that time to see if the DLCs appear to be installed within the "Manage Game & Add-Ons" menu. They should automatically be there, ready to be installed under TSW 2.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

3. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

Yeh I thought as much so didnt bother. Hopefully its sorted soon!

4. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

It's 1:11 pm U.S est where i am and still not available for free download of own dlc for tsw2,remind me again what did we do to deserve dtg wrath as xbox owners?

• Like Like x 1
  6. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Still not good at this time. Annoying, but hopefully they will be able to sort it out soon.

7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Maybe because we were asking for sales (But really why is this happening?)

8. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Appreciate your patience on this and we get that it's a little confusing to see the routes you're entitled to being available to buy but not in your collection yet. There's a hiccup in the system that automatically grants access to the routes and we're working with Microsoft to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We'll keep you updated and are still intending for the next phase of Preserved Collection to be with you today.

• Like Like x 10
  9. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

10. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. You're still going to get the mob out complaining though.
    [​IMG]

11. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Not that you're trying to provoke...

However the update is much appreciated, and wouldn't have been amiss in a stickied thread earlier today.

12. ROKIIz

ROKIIz New Member

Thank you

13. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Light hearted british humour dear boy. Anyone posting on these forums that's been aggressive, extremely upset or downright rude to any DTG staff member today, really does need to take a real life train ride to the countryside and enjoy a long walk in the fresh air.

• Like Like x 1
  14. sgt.brimer

sgt.brimer New Member

I think the frustration stems from the fact that players on PlayStation have had their content in a timely manner today. I understand that there are "hiccups" in the video game industry, but lately, it seems XBOX players are the ones suffering the most issues. I don't feel confident that the issue will be resolved today given that DTG and Microsoft are working in significantly different time zones while trying to fix the problem.

15. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Has anyone been rude to any DTG staff in this thread?
    Im really mad that this is happening but oh well nothing I can do about it I am enjoying penn corridor & the add ons on it
    Im glad Sam & Natalie are here to give us info

16. LucasLCC

I'm not sure I've seen anyone be rude either

Sure, some people are frustrated, but that stems down to more than just this issue.

Especially as Xbox users can't really use this DLC on TSW2020, as this causes various issues with DLC on TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

If you already own it, because of TSW 2020, it should show up as "You own this", and give you the option to install. Not the other way around. I never had any issues installing Peninsula Corridor when it was released for TSW2, because the option to install it (and I did this remotely) was there. I didn't see an option to buy, it told me I already own it, and then allowed me to instruct my Xbox One X to download it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  18. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Also a problem if you own it, yet you have to pay full price.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SHINO BAZ

Well we haven't got either no sales in long while which they aren't required to do,but are free P.C update is a whole different thing.

20. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

That's not supposed to happen. Microsoft will check to see if you own any legacy addons (in this case if you owned it from Train Sim World 2020), and if you do, it will show an option to install. This was the case when TSW2 was first released. I got it at midnight and was able to remotely instruct my Xbox One X to install the game plus whatever DLC's I had when I had TSW2020. This is not happening with the LIRR, the M3 and Ruhr Sieg Nord, all of which I own.

21. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Also you might want to check out why if we own "legacy routes" (as in we have them from Train Sim 2020), we are seeing full price for them instead of the option to install. I never saw this when I downloaded the Peninsula Corridor.

22. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

As per the sticky as the top of the forum and the other 20 posts on the subject. There is currently a fault with the signalling system (store) and the engineers are working to restore signalling as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 3
  23. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yeah no one on Xbox has the preserved collection Phase II because of the store

• Like Like x 1
  24. sgt.brimer

sgt.brimer New Member

When I contacted XBOX support this morning around 8:30 EST, the representative told me that there was nothing that they could do on their end and suggested contacting DTG support. I'm fairly certain any number of us have already submitted a "trouble ticket" with DTG. It would seem that there is a serious communication problem between DTG and Microsoft (who knows if it's down to a technical issue or a poor exchange of information between two companies) because if it was a larger issue it would have had an impact on PlayStation players too.

25. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

its the amercian dates system that cauesd thos

26. lukehostad

lukehostad New Member

That’s weird. Haven’t been on TSW2020 since TSW2 released, thanks anyway!

27. kyrickthor

kyrickthor New Member

Yeah it’s annoying, I created an NYAR livery just for the LIRR route :/

• Like Like x 1
  28. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Really how

29. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

they do month beofre day, it caused confusion

30. SHINO BAZ

Microsoft and dtg playing the finger pointing game as they always tend to do.It's sad that the delete this game option to spare the darn near endless bs is looking good my blood pressure already a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  31. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I see im not the only one I did that also but our plans are postponed.

32. ROKIIz

ROKIIz New Member

Really ffs

33. kyrickthor

kyrickthor New Member

yep

• Like Like x 1
  34. SHINO BAZ

Welcome,to blood pressure testing 101.we can boil blood while watching dtg vs MS finger point fight and nothing gets resolved.

• Like Like x 1
  35. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

I cant understand why people are so impatient. There has clearly been a hiccup, PS4s working, PCs working so it's clearly more of Microsoft issue.
    Why would you delete the game? This is only an add on. Have you not played the game because you were waiting on these specific add ons?

TSW2 still works, TSW still works. Im looking forward to getting TVL on TSW2 but il just keep playing it on TSW until that time. It's really not something to be letting affect your blood pressure!

• Like Like x 3
  36. LucasLCC

mkennaway unfortunately TSW doesn't truly work, as it causes TSW2 add-ons to uninstall/ lose their licenses. Because of that issues, I uninstalled the game a while ago.

Bit of a shame that the next few days work will stop me getting a chance to play.

• Like Like x 1
  37. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The preserved routes and Locos like RSN, Long Island Rail Road and the Trains are Full of sound bugs and Displays only white on PC or PS4

38. SHINO BAZ

If dtg didn't have this released everything as is and maybe fix it later they wouldn't get all this flak from almost everyone here,and if playstation was in xbox place right not would you still be pleasent about the topic.

39. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

This situation seems a bit crazy.

40. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Think some people need to turn their PC/Tablets/Phones off and go watch a film or something. It's quite clear that these aren't going to be arriving anytime soon, so better of going and doing something else!

41. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

It should not have happened in the first place. Microsoft checked to see if I owned any legacy routes when I bought TSW2, and I was able to download them. That's all on DTG, because Microsoft does check to see if you have any legacy add-on's purchased, and if you own it, but it doesn't show up as owned, that's all on DTG for that move. It should definitely not be showing me full price for Ruhr-Sieg Nord, the M3, and the LIRR addon's. I should have the option to download them alone with "You own this". I didn't get that issue with the Peninsula Corridor.

Speaking of which, Sand Patch is buggy as hell. I hate that immersion feature. We should be given a choice whether we want to do it that way or not.

• Like Like x 1
  42. SHINO BAZ

Ok,it's time for a V8 either the one in your fridge or the one in your garage.if you don't have either you may have to just suffer with the rest of us.

43. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

it's been confirmed its a MS error by DTG.

44. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It's a little of both, to be fair.

The reason this hasn't worked in the same way it did before is that the "ownership" flag for each of these add-ons hasn't been set correctly. The intention was (as it did last time) that your ownership would be acknowledged at the same time as the routes appeared on the store. Due to a date mix-up however this hasn't happened and we're currently waiting for this to be overridden by our friends at Microsoft.

Again, thank you for being patient and as soon as there's anything further we'll let you know.

• Like Like x 8
  45. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

46. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Right i feel its not DTG's fault but rather Microsoft's fault, i worked for a company under Microsoft and i never knew it to be this bad. So i think many of you need to chill out and wait, DTG are working as hard as they can to fix this issue and yes i know its frustrating as ive been waiting all day but lets have patience. Microsoft need to sort it out for all of us

• Like Like x 3
  47. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Looks like the spicy brigade are now arriving so before this all kicks off just remember it's a game people, if you got to wait a little longer it's not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, this is called life and you don't always get what you want when you want it, it's a fact of life, so lets all deal with it like grownups and not devolved cavemen, how's that for an idea??

• Like Like x 3
  48. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

That's weird. Well, I'll take your suggestion and play Peninsula Corridor again. I like the LIRR, because the activities take roughly 60 minutes to complete. 45-60. Perfect for bouncing in and then out.

I just hope they fix the Sand Patch bugs. Might stick to passenger routes.

• Like Like x 1
  49. sVig

sVig Member

What's a V8? Other than the obvious V8 engine I mean.

50. sgt.brimer

sgt.brimer New Member

I love the way that there are clearly two groups in this thread: the people who are (rightfully) a bit peeved that they can't play content that they paid for (especially those who bought it in TSW 2020) and the people who are telling the peeved group to calm down. I think both groups have valid points. We all spent money on TSW 2 because we were excited about the future of the game. It just sucks to be let down in even the slightest way.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.