You Have Got To Be Kidding Me?185.2 Duel Livery On One Side???

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Sep 11, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The total lack of quality control sicken me,I was final able to get a db 185.2 on a route instead of the 143,which shows up even on routes showing a 185.2 as it's lead,but that not what this problem is,on one side of the db 185.2 it liveried DB but the other side has both liveries DB in white and Railon Industries in a dark shade of red which you can't miss.Does anyone at dtg really do anything other then count money.I know this may seem minor but this makes me think dtg doesn't care in the slightest about quality work.

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Maybe we got the Pre-Preserved collection? :D oh man, why all these things are happening on RSN...

3. SHINO BAZ

Let me guess since preserved collection if free,then half'buming it is the effort put into it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...can you supply a pic of each side of the loco you’re running into this issue on?

I found the following thread (link below) on a similar issue- and it turned out that some Railion locos IRL have been rebadged from Railion to DB, with the old Railion branding still slightly visible under the new DB logo. Just passing this info along... check out the last post in the thread for pics of these locos.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ruhr-sieg-nord-issues.12290/page-4#post-121503

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  5. SHINO BAZ

If i could post a picture i absolutely would the db 185.2 with dual livery is what i saw but this was only on one side of the loco,the other side was the white DB livery only.

6. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I had noticed it, but I assumed it was a case of rebranding also.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

The livery is actually not a bug, it looks like that in real as well: https://www.flickr.com/photos/icypixel/48692031603/in/album-72157710727908751/

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The painted over livery is only visible in good lighting, if the other side of the train was in shadow you wouldn’t really see it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is an interesting novelty for me. Such a curiosity!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2020
  10. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Great case of ranting about actual realism. Railion was rebranded into DB Cargo and the white markings were removed from the locos, but the residue can still be seen. The picture provided by stujoy is a perfect example.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bob12212

Kind of like when you see ex delivery vans, the outline of the removed letter will still show. Because the paint underneath has been protected from the sun and elements by the letters when they were attached.

12. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

How did you get a BR185.2 on the track? The only time it happens that the 185 appears is if I let it run as a solo train without freight.

13. SHINO BAZ

If dtg going to add such thing like this i wish they let's us know,because unless you truly are aware of such things,it comes off as another issuse and look unprofessinal,because in tsw2020 you had a livery option so this change is abit out of place.

• Like Like x 1
  14. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

So can you please tell me what the trick is to get a 185 on the route without just adding it as a single train? I don't get it. Thanks!

15. Bob12212

Was the livery option not due to having MSB installed also? That route hasn't been preserved yet.

16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Pure Railion is MSB included.

EDIT

If I remember correctly, it was not only a re-skin, but also eliminated some game issues with this locomotive.

'will see

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2020
  17. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Allow me the post a image of a real DB BR 185.2 in DB livery where you can see the faded Railion logo underneath the DB logo:
    [​IMG]
    So yeah, this is a thing in real life and not a bug and if there was one thing i would advise the everyone there is do some research before you come out and say that this is a bug, when a quick search up on the internet will prove you otherwise.

Source: https://hellertal.startbilder.de/bi...c2/351832/185-205-2-der-db-schenker-rail.html

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You are right in some sense.

Just do not forget, this forum is to solve this type of problems and make you aware of what you have done yourself subconsciously, instead of just writing that anyone can find this information on google :D

Honestly, I was fooled myself, it's DTG's fault :D Such is their fate!

• Like Like x 1