What Are The German Trains Saying To Me?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Sep 11, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I like it when the German trains talk to me, the ICE 3M is a right old chatterbox, but what are they telling me. Can someone tell me what all the things the trains in TSW say and what they mean in English? I’d like to know so I can talk back. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. stinkyheadsman

stinkyheadsman Member

ask sam, he knows very well, especially after his experience with PZB that one time on stream...

• Like Like x 2
  3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I was actually going to make this type of thread last week but really what are they saying

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I hope some Germans could understand or maybe even verstehen :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I only know about the LZB.
    What is listen is the complete name of the system in german:
    "Linienzugbeeinflussung"
    The translation will be like "continuous train control".
    Literal translation be "linear train influencing"

Also I believe several times in says "zugbeeinflussung", which is the same but without Linear.
    Zug is train in german

Hope this be useful for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Depends on what exactly you want me to translate for you, but the most common will be "Zugbeeinflussung" which translates to "train influencing". This comes up everytime you manipulate the PZB system, like freeing yourself from the 40km/h limitation and what not.
    When booting up the ICE the voice says "Türen geöffnet" (doors open), "Störung" which is "fault" or "disorder" and Zugbeeinflussung.
    There is one other thing that is said twice but even I can't fully understand it, only something with "gesperrt", meaning "locked" or "disabled" depending on the context.
    Also a female voice will repeat "AFB" when you are turning on the AFB control. AFB is short for "automatische Fahr- und Bremssteuerung" and should translate to "automatic acceleration and break control" and assists the driver in keeping the train at the preset speed.

Then you have Sam's infamous "SIFA", which is a short for "Sicherheitsfahrschaltung" and translates to dead man's vigilance device. If you miss pressing the SIFA a voice will tell you "Sifa Zwangsbremsung", which is emergency break and sifa being the reason. If you fail the PZB check a voice will tell you just "Zwangsbremsung", e.g. emergency break.

If you have any more try to describe it, I will try my best to help out!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think that covers it. I’ll jot them all down and if I hear any others that you haven’t covered I’ll post on this thread. It’s nice to see them written down too. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Just run the ICE in a scenario and heard one I did not mention, when you are closing the doors a voice tells you "schließvorgang eingeleitet" and translates to "closing process initiated"

Isn't it glorious how the German language makes so much sound more complicated? :D
    I mean it could just say "Türen schließen" which would be "doors are closing"

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sashco

Sashco Member

When the game is "too" authentic :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. turnipgaming97

turnipgaming97 Member

On the ICE 3 when it's in PZB Monitoring at 40 kph and it goes over that speed the male voice comes on, the first part says "Zwangsbremsung" but the second part I can't figure out what it's saying.

11. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

There is another one specific to the German 101 and seems to occur when coming into a station and doing 25kph or under. Sorry, I can't give you the German phrase but hopefully someone will know what I am talking about. Nearly makes me jump out of my skin every time!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

"Türfreigabe". Basically means doors are ready to be opened or something along the lines of that.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Despite the obivious difference of pronuciation and umlaut I love the spelling of "Geoffnet".

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Zwansbremsung is actually a bit harsher; it means "forced braking" or "imposed braking." "Emergency braking" would be Notbremsung.

• Like Like x 1
  15. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Indeed, if the lever is moved to the emergency brake position, the old chatterbox says "Notbremsung"

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  16. gr_dovetail

gr_dovetail New Member

Hi All, sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead... my son is driving a DB 146 and one of the prompts (when accelerating) is something like "viele schweider klemser" (my best effort at phonetic conversion!). Any ideas what this is saying?

EDIT: Also, apologies for the "odd" username; for some reason it picked up the forum-specific part of my email address rather than the username I had entered on the registration page... it's a spam-prevention method rather than an attempt look like someone from DTG!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  17. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Could it be “Federspeicherbremse”? That would probably mean that you’re trying to accelerate with the hand brake on.

• Like Like x 3
  18. gr_dovetail

gr_dovetail New Member

Yes, that's spot on, thank you! Obvious match when it's written out in front of me :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Glad I could be of assistance :)

20. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The more you fiddle around with ES64U2 MRCE Dispolok DB Baureihe 182 you can run across this Chris Lohner voice prompt Bremse nicht losen happened to me one time when I was running a service Bahnstrecke Bremen Oldenburg

21. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

There are quite some phrases to be discovered, like when you have the brake key in both cabs of the 101 unlocked it says ,,Bremsausfall" (brake fault/failure)
    Something i wasnt aware of until i did a bit of shunting with the 101.
    German locos can be quite chatty :)

• Like Like x 2
  22. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I was just musing how that would work in the UK, especially if there were regionalised voice warnings. A Newcastle-based driver might hear something like “Hoyunthebloodyanchorsonlike” during an emergency brake application! Nearly as long as a German word lol.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Would be fun to have something similar like the Zugbeeinflussungssprachausgabegerät
    in the UK, its always funny to me how in the UK they do 125 mph with the occasional ding, whereas a german train has a whole conversation with you and multiple safety systems shouting and beeping at you :)

• Like Like x 1
  24. noir

noir Well-Known Member

In addition to train errors.. Old routes like RSN had generic station announcements that kept repeating every minute, but last time I was hanging around Großenhain in Dresden Nahverkehr and the station was mostly silent.. until out of nowhere I heard something alongside "Vorsicht bei die Einfahrt", "beware of arrival" and indeed a train appeared few seconds later :)
    Hopefully we can also one day get all the announcements as in reality, because some german trains can indeed be very verbose!

25. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Here you can enjoy 13min 20s of german monsterwords on german PA. The female voice is clearly from Bavaria (boarisch).

Meanwhile I enjoy the Scottish slang on Cathcart Circle: " Maaind duh gupp ..."

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  26. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Spot on and the Baureihe 182 ES64U2 it's in Austrian German due to Chris Lohner being the voice for it.
    Here's a video of her saying Bremsausfall and Federspeicherbremse on OBB 2016

Links are Austrian Railway site and Newspaper that explain Chris Lohner being the voice for Bremsausfall Federspeicherbremse Sifa
    https://www.kleinbahnsammler.at/wbb2/index.php?thread/27027-stimme-in-loks-männlich-weiblich/
    https://www.meinbezirk.at/leoben/c-lokales/ein-wilder-ritt-auf-dem-stier-aus-eisen_a1839075