1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are The German Trains Saying To Me?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Discussion' started by stujoy, Sep 11, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I like it when the German trains talk to me, the ICE 3M is a right old chatterbox, but what are they telling me. Can someone tell me what all the things the trains in TSW say and what they mean in English? I’d like to know so I can talk back. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stinkyheadsman

stinkyheadsman Member

ask sam, he knows very well, especially after his experience with PZB that one time on stream...

3. kylel2036

kylel2036 Well-Known Member

I was actually going to make this type of thread last week but really what are they saying

4. breblimator

breblimator Well-Known Member

I hope some Germans could understand or maybe even verstehen :)

5. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I only know about the LZB.
    What is listen is the complete name of the system in german:
    "Linienzugbeeinflussung"
    The translation will be like "continuous train control".
    Literal translation be "linear train influencing"

Also I believe several times in says "zugbeeinflussung", which is the same but without Linear.
    Zug is train in german

Hope this be useful for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Depends on what exactly you want me to translate for you, but the most common will be "Zugbeeinflussung" which translates to "train influencing". This comes up everytime you manipulate the PZB system, like freeing yourself from the 40km/h limitation and what not.
    When booting up the ICE the voice says "Türen geöffnet" (doors open), "Störung" which is "fault" or "disorder" and Zugbeeinflussung.
    There is one other thing that is said twice but even I can't fully understand it, only something with "gesperrt", meaning "locked" or "disabled" depending on the context.
    Also a female voice will repeat "AFB" when you are turning on the AFB control. AFB is short for "automatische Fahr- und Bremssteuerung" and should translate to "automatic acceleration and break control" and assists the driver in keeping the train at the preset speed.

Then you have Sam's infamous "SIFA", which is a short for "Sicherheitsfahrschaltung" and translates to dead man's vigilance device. If you miss pressing the SIFA a voice will tell you "Sifa Zwangsbremsung", which is emergency break and sifa being the reason. If you fail the PZB check a voice will tell you just "Zwangsbremsung", e.g. emergency break.

If you have any more try to describe it, I will try my best to help out!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think that covers it. I’ll jot them all down and if I hear any others that you haven’t covered I’ll post on this thread. It’s nice to see them written down too. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Just run the ICE in a scenario and heard one I did not mention, when you are closing the doors a voice tells you "schließvorgang eingeleitet" and translates to "closing process initiated"

Isn't it glorious how the German language makes so much sound more complicated? :D
    I mean it could just say "Türen schließen" which would be "doors are closing"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sashco

Sashco Member

When the game is "too" authentic :)