Corvan's Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Corvan, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Scenario: Down the Line (17 minute service to Hayes & Harlington)
    Had a couple of noticeable issues during this scenario.

[​IMG]
    1. One of the Class 166 services decided to leave London with the doors open. Extra air conditioning on a hot day?

[​IMG]
    2. Happens on another service as well, it's becoming trendy. Isn't the Class 166 supposed to have traction interlocking so that when the doors are opened you can't move? I can understand if that feature is deactivated on AI operated trains for performance reasons but the AI drivers still need a good talking too.

[​IMG]
    3. This is me being purely pedantic but is there any particular reason the scenario requires you to stop so far down the end of the platform at Hayes & Harlington, rather than stopping by the buffer. Awful long way for a passenger to walk to reach the exit.

[​IMG]
    4. I know this has been brought up previously but this really seems inconsistent. If there is a particular kind of logic behind this I wouldn't mind seeing it.

5. Brightness: Sometimes TSW appears very bright to me and I wouldn't mind a slider to tone that down just a bit.

2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Scenario: Rapid Transit
    [​IMG]
    So; at the end of the scenario I moved the train into the head shunt as directed and hopped out. I noticed this happy chappy was still sitting inside.

Das ist verboten?

3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Scenario: Down the Line (30 minute service to Slough)
    [​IMG]
    1. I'm being pedantic again but the left had notice is poorly written.

[​IMG]

2. It's a bit difficult to see but if you focus on the front wheel you'll notice a part has come loose. Someone else reported this already but I'm confirming it; as soon as you zoom in it is fixed though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. When I arrived just outside Slough, running a minute or so late, I was held at a red signal. No problem, I could see a train occupying the platform ahead and he obviously has the line; I'll wait for him to pass. Well, I waited about five minutes but he wasn't moving and after I sent in a request to pass the signal at danger I was denied due to there being no route available.

I don't know if this is a recurring bug for others or if it was a result of me being late. I mean, I would assume that on being late he'd have passed me by. His line is entirely clear, I even checked the points and they're all set for him. Unfortunate.

4. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Ah, one of these routing shenanigans.
    When you drive one of the services that starts from Reading traincare depot (I hadn't noticed which one exactly), it forces you to drive as fast as technically possible (within limits) through depot, to make precisely timed stop at Reading and then to start like a Top Fuel dragster from there onwards. If you don't and miss your departure from Reading by 10-20 seconds, another service is routed before you on up relief. It then stops in Twyford and occupies your platform for eternity before starting down the branch line.

By your description looks like a similar case.

5. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Sounds like it; I wonder how dynamic the dispatcher is in a scenario, compared to Service Mode?

6. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Me too, though I have an impression that scenarios are thoroughly scripted and not really adhering to services schedule, so there may not be any need in dynamic dispatching.

7. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

IIRC I believe you can stop anywhere at the platform and still trigger the prompt to load/unload passengers.

8. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Just like in real life, car stop markers are only there for the comfort of the passengers. As long as your train is along the platform (and in TS201x, at least one door opens), you can complete the objective.