Roadmap Update 15 September 2020

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Feel free to develop these monthly new routes in 4k for PC and console, yourself.

• Like Like x 5
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Why does Rivet take so long? MSB and then waiting for 204 ... again

• Like Like x 2
  3. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The 204 is only in Planning badly :(
    It’s just a Loco and no Route

4. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Question about planned Clinchfield railroad. Obviously idea of this road comes from TS. But in TS it expands from Elkhorn to St. Paul and in TSW you are going to cut this road only to Dante. What is the reason of such decision? Can you release full length of this road like in TS?

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Routes take longer to develop in TSW, and they wouldn't have enough time to build the full route within the time schedule.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

Instead of new routes just extend the branches 10 miles every month or so as a 5 pound dlc

7. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

Branches on existing routes where possible ect

• Like Like x 1
  8. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Then people will complain there's no new routes/variety. Doing extensions to routes every month (which I think is probably impossible to do in that time frame anyway) would mean sacrificing other possible content.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

True but never is there a time when everyone is happy,so what can you do...

• Like Like x 2
  10. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

Just keep suggesting until most people are

11. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Or reduce your expectations to a healthy amount at which you are happy with a reasonable balance of fixes, improvements and new content in an adequate time frame?

• Like Like x 2
  12. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

13. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

The suggestion i originally made wasnt too unreasonble apart from the time frame,not knowing dtg emloyment numbers and hardware causes my misjudgment of what can and cant be acheived lol,it is why i suggested only 10 miles of new content attatched to an already known loale ect

• Like Like x 1
  14. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

15. robin.liebig

robin.liebig New Member

Does the German BR 101 for Köln-Aachen come with Inter City Cars and a „Steuerwagen“?

• Like Like x 3
  16. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

DTG said that they are rather interested in exploring new routes than to extend their old ones, and it is not planned to do extensions at the moment.
    Mind you, you can just edit your last post, so that you don't have to post three times in a row ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

[Google translate by Protagonist - please post in English only, thank you]

I don't think this is true, because the distance between Dante and St. Paul is only about 10 miles or so. It's not 20-30-50 miles, and the DTG can easily turn on that area. This route is only planned and does not have an exact release date. For example, the DTG port routes from TS to TSW (Marsail - Avignon, London - Faversham) are the same length without trimming. As for me, I can wait a little longer to get the full length of the Clinchfield railroad. DTG, please note!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I hope it does! That would be great if it did. I also hope that it is the older version of the IC Coaches. The versions where you could drop the big side windows down.

• Like Like x 1
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You can edit posts instead of adding a new post for a correction, or if you want to add some extra info. I usually have to edit my posts for spelling errors etc. It’s a really handy function and it saves space on the forum if you just want to add an extra sentence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

This is great! Thank you for creating this.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Assuming the TSW version goes to the yard in Dante, they cut out about 6 miles of track between Dante and St. Paul. Which is honestly quite odd....

Though they did also cut out the connections with the Norfolk and Western too in St. Paul.

22. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I am not sure where you can post questions to go on the live stream or roadmap chat, as it’s a bit of a black hole! But could Passenger Info Screens and destinations on the Class 166 now be added to GWE, also could an extension of some sort be put forward for suggestion?

• Like Like x 2
  23. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

The stream moderators have a pre-canned reply that we post frequently on both streaming platforms.

"Please make all content suggestions to https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/content-suggestions-proposals.75/ "

That is the place to put it. The reasons for this are quite simple - nobody from DTG is making exhaustive notes on every suggestion in chat. Once the stream finishes those suggestions are essentially lost (yes you can replay the stream and read the chat but that is a lengthy affair) so putting them in the forum ensures they are preserved in an easily accessible place.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The latest roadmap didn't get posted to Dovetail Live on Xbox One. All I see is the 1 September article.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Neither on PS4

• Like Like x 1
  26. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

Looking through the list, though I greatly appreciate the face that you guys are going to do the Clinchfield in the time period everyone loved it in, please, please, PLEASE...do NOT do they're six-axle EMDs as SD40-2s. Clinchfield's SD40-2s were purchased under the Family Lines and painted as such upon delivery. They never saw Clinchfield paint. To do this accurately, a straight SD40 model will need to be created and placed in the 3000-3024 numbering phase. This is, of course, unless the planned time period for the route is after the Clinchfield was folded into the Family Lines, and these showed up, and the F7s were painted into Family Lines paint. Please see the links I've provided for reference.

http://thedieselshop.us/Clinch.HTML

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPicture.aspx?id=177935

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPicture.aspx?id=128319

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPicture.aspx?id=119531

• Like Like x 2
  27. Christian Maheu

Christian Maheu New Member

Good morning,
    Pretty happy so far with what you did DTG with TSW2. There are s few things that I think could be improved. Concerning the livery editor (and not sure if this has been discussed previously), a few things that would be desirable and/or fixed.
    Adding player-made decals (I want to put graffities and dirt on my cars);
    When scaling a decal using X/Y tool from the second page, when the decal is rotated, the X/Y axis are rotated as well and I think they should not;
    The option to share players creations with others would be very welcomed;
    More fonts.​
    Hopefully some of these additions/fixes are already planned for the future. What turned me off from TSW2020 (barely played it) is the lack of editable content and with TSW2, I see you took care of that and you have my thanks for this!

28. tcarter16

tcarter16 New Member

can you add Belmont park and more track options to LIRR scenario planner and long island city to free roam

• Like Like x 1
  29. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Do you think DTG will take in consideration what you asked ?

30. tcarter16

tcarter16 New Member

Eh. Doesnt hurt to try

• Like Like x 2
  31. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

There’s a special thread and way to ask you genius

32. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

These type comments are really not needed. A little tolerance and courtesy goes a long way and I would hope be more of the rule than an exception in these Forums. For the OP requesting additional features, there are other forum threads that are established for requesting new features, routes and locomotives. We would appreciate if such suggestions would be placed there so other discussion can be kept on topic which in this case dicussing the information on the current roadmap.

• Like Like x 9
  33. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s enough we said several on these type of person how to do it

34. Blacknred81

I have a feeling DTG will just put the Clinchfield livery on the Dash2s, which is kind of disappointing, as they gave us a proper SD40 on the TS version of the Clinchfield Route....

35. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I have a suggestion to improve the list. The category Investigate does not fit properly in the category list. It is not a type of work item, but a state of work. My recommendation would be to set it as a separate status if needed (there is no need, I think In planning may do as well). If you do not yet know if it is a fix or improvement, you may add a a new category, like Unknown or Other.

36. LordDistructorss91

LordDistructorss91 Member

New dlc ITALIA map ?

37. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

no. there is not

38. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

Which is EXACTLY why I pointed it out now instead of a two years from now when the first screens of that start to leak.

39. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

By then, It'll be too late to do anything about it. Whether if it's in the planning stage or not later on (Which I may have a feeling it'll still be in research for a while) since someone has already decided to put it in the first place. And DTG has always done the new and reused loco tactic on routes before (Peninsula, Oakville) because they said it saves time and resources.
    But I could be wrong. Who knows. Odds are it might be the same model with a few minor details added in. (As said here)

40. Blacknred81

I mean, making an SD40 from an SD40-2 shouldn't be as time consuming as making a new locomotive from scratch, as it would need a shorter frame, shorter car body, different trucks, plus the downgrade of the Dash 2 components, all which can be referenced from the model used in TS20XX.

41. Challenger3985

This is true. Believe me, I would like to see an actual SD40 rather than the Dash 2 Variant as it would make much more realistic scene to the route in that era than just going Semi-Fictional that most people are gonna complain about (Like how most of us are right now).

42. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

The SD40-2 issue has been raised before and we got this response:

This is blatantly untrue, for the record. I went and looked up all the original SD40 orders and there were 874 US orders compared to only 330 Canadian ones (plus 72 for NdeM and 10 for export).

SD40's were NOT "replaced by SD40-2's" in the 60's considering the SD40-2 didn't even start production until January 1972, and even then it didn't catch on immediately- it wasn't as dominant as it became in US railroads until the late 70's and 80's.

And, of course, as pointed out, Clinchfield didn't own any SD40-2's until they were a part of the Family Lines system, and even then only owned 5. Provided this route appears to be set in the 1970's while Clinchfield was still fully independent, that really does make no sense whatsoever (though I am assuming when it will be set, again, with only 5 Family Lines units it wouldn't make much sense either way, especially concurrent with F units).

DTG seems to make a big deal about being realistic rolling stock in TSW, at least in terms of appearance, as they've indicated long ago that they don't want to do unbranded content in TSW. Wouldn't a fictional paint scheme be worse?

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Challenger3985

Iirc, the CRR from TS1 is set in the 1980s (Before Seaboard System). And yet, the F7 is included in the route, along with the GP7s as well. Even if the real F7 is gone from their roster at that time. Seems like accuracy is not DTG's strong suit when it comes to equipments (Locos and Rolling Stock). And are just gonna reused locos from older routes because of resource limits.
    But, we still have time until it gets to the production stage. Let's hope they change their roster for this route before making it (But it's a slim chance unless we do something about it).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  44. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I mean, in terms of specific rolling stock used, they've been bad in TSW before- I hear that doppelstock didn't actually run on Ruhr-Sieg Nord except for the 1-car Iserlohn train. But the trains themselves are still nice and realistic- closest we've had to this big an error is the SW1000R, which almost shipped with a silver roof (which they don't have), but that was fixed before release.

Hopefully this will too, it is after all just in planning, which means they're still doing research. And it appears they have not done much, heh, nor is there much communication with the TS2021 team.

• Like Like x 1
  45. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

Might aswell change the subject now to something else but I wonder if the southeastern highspeed dlc will include swanscombe station and Northfleet station and fright services aswell

46. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that DTG will do what they did with the WCML on the Bakerloo. You can see it, but not drive on it.

• Like Like x 1
  47. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Like a ghost train?

• Like Like x 1
  48. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This article is now out of date - the next update is here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.