Rapid Transit Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TrainSim-Jay, Dec 19, 2017.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Thank you to everyone who has been providing feedback regarding issues present with, or introduced by, Rapid Transit. So far we have spent a lot of time investigating and working on your reports and are in the process of developing an update to address the issues being reported.

We are currently investigating and working to resolve the following issues:
    • When passing a speed reduction to reduce speed to below 80km/h, there is no PZB 1000hz influence
    • The HUD does not show a flashing indication on the 85 PZB indicator, the in-cab one flashes correctly and the restrictive monitoring state is engaged correctly, it just doesn't show on the HUD.
    • Pantograph does not react to the correct height of the overhead line in the city tunnels
    • City Tunnel walls do not have collision so the player is able to walk through them and fall through the world.
    • Some signal aspects show a flashing green if the player is approaching a speed reduction even if they don't have a Zs3v indicator attached.
    • Pressing 8 for the free camera while in the city tunnels starts the camera outside of the tunnel boundaries and the player can't fly it back in.
    • Issues with trying to board through passenger doors where the player appears blocked
    • If the player starts a service and completes its first load/unload instruction before its scheduled start time, the UI can get stuck on the expectation to wait for departure time.
    • If the player walks around in the passenger interior while the train is moving, steps in the direction of movement may not be as easy to climb.
    • Unable to operate fuses on the 166 so safety systems are unable to be enabled. Affects EASTBOUND services primarily as it’s the DMOCL(B) that is affected.
    • The headlights on the 166 no longer light up the track and only the marker lights are lit. Same in day and night mode.
    • Occasional white screen flashes when in underground stations.
    • Snow effects occur when in the tunnel.
    • Rain effects don’t go all the way down the windows on the outside of the Talent 2.
    • Platform stop markers on the track don’t render when the player is in the tunnels.
    • GWE: Aggregate industries: Unable to uncouple locos
    • Modelling issues with certain junctions
    • Player is transported to the roof of the Talent 2 and is unable to move without restarting.
    • At certain stations the player falls into the gap between the train and the platform when trying to board.
    • The seats on-board the Talent 2 move physical location and can result in undesired positions either penetrating the exterior or stacked in odd positions.
    Please note that the above list only details the planned content for our first update and there are a number of other issues that have been reported that require additional time and investigation. This does not mean that they are not actively being worked on, just that they will not be included in our first update.

Please continue to report any issues that you are experiencing, this will allow us to thoroughly investigate and collate your feedback with a view to providing a fix as soon as possible. We will be here reading everything even if we can’t reply to everyone!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Thanks James, appreciate you letting us know.

3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Thx for this info :)

4. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

5. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

As reported on Steam, there were a few occasions where this station did not load at all and the passengers actually fall onto the ground.[​IMG]

The station is JeBnitz (Anh) and its not the first time this particular station did not show up, as you can see the deboarding taking place normally.

6. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

Most of these bugs are not even sporadic and glaringly obvious, especially the way the Class 166 is now totally broken. Do you even do quality control testing or are you too busy trying to churn out the next piece of overpriced DLC?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mikel

Mikel Member

If you did your job well, nobody would have to report the myriad of mistakes you make, but you only worry about selling and selling and the faster the better, you just have to see how bad the train simulator is and because of my computer It is not, as you always tell customers who complain. If you do not know how to do something, do not do it.

A pissed off customer.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Kalikowsky

Kalikowsky New Member

Passenger, door open button is lightning all time even with locked doors [RT]:
    20171228173947_1.jpg

Doors closing lamp(over the doors) is still flashing when doors are open [RT]:
    20171228173932_1.jpg
    People are crazy [GWE and RT]
    20171227202615_1 - Kopia.jpg
    Window bugs [CSX HH/GWE/RT]
    20171228152409_1 - Kopia.jpg
    Graffiti tag on train:
    20171228172900_1 - Kopia.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  9. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I noticed the issue with moving seats in the RT DLC was mentioned, this is an issue in GWE as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

"City Tunnel walls do not have collision so the player is able to walk through them and fall through the world." Sounds interesting! Is that the Alice in Wonderland scenario?

11. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Yes; Alice is driving, the White Rabbit is the conductor and the Mad Hatter is handling concessions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

Is a patch coming then? I'm refusing to buy Rapid Transit or any other Train Sim / TSW DLC until this madness stops and some quality control is introduced.

13. Th3Fl4mIng

Th3Fl4mIng Member

Regarding that issue: The 1000hz influence is not only not showing up but instead you get an emergency stop at some points. Unfortunately I'm unable to upload screenshots I have taken, because they're "too large" ?? Glad if someone could explain me that... Anyway I'll try to describe it then.
    Between hectometre board 41.6 and 41.8, near "Jeßnitz (Anh)", there is an information sign showing a speed restriction coming up (yellow board with a black "7" on it). Now if you have your PZB active you're supposed to acknowledge this by pressing PZB wachsam (and not "bestätigen" how it's written in the cab by the way). You're supposed to get under a 1000hz restriction then, after 700 metres you should be able to free yourself from the PZB monitoring if you slowed down to 85 km/h, and here of course to 70km/h
    ( don't know why I'm explaining it you did it plenty of times right, so what went wrong?) but here, after you pressed "PZB wachsam" nothing happens. A few seconds later though the emergency brake will be applied, which forces you to come to a stop with the explanation of "Geschwindigkeitsüberschreitung" (speeding).
    Interestingly enough this happened to me the first time on service 0825 (driving every service in the order they're listed) and on the exact same service I experienced other problems. E.g. I have had signals displaying clear green aspects and right when I passed them getting an emergency brake. This has happened several times and is something that really pisses me off in a actually, for me superb simulator with great possibilities and ways to improve.

Glad if you did something about it
    Best regards, Th3Fl4mIng

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Th3Fl4mIng

Th3Fl4mIng Member

And another one: I know it has been mentioned a few times already but I´m totally pissed of it so I thought I´d mention it again, who knows, eventually they´ll fix it.
    Going from Leipzig MDR in the direction of Leipzig Bayerischer Bf SOMETIMES you will get an immediate emergency stop after leaving Leipzig MDR (approximately 200 metres after Leipzig MDR), although ALL the signals before showed a green aspect. Not only that, even after that your monitor shows you a 500hz influence and 45 km/h max speed, though after you accelerate up to 25km/h the emergency brakes will be applied.
    Also, coming from Leipzig-Connewitz at hectometre board 2.6 there is an information sign showing you an 80km/h speed resctriction coming up. Just like near Jeßnitz(Anh), seen in my post above, pressing PZW wachsam will not lead to a PZB influence coming, up even though it obviously should.
    Last thing for the moment: starting your service in Leipzig-Connewitz your first signal shows a clear green aspect with a permission of 70km/h. The HUD though will stay at the section speed limit of 120km/h. I know it can't be seen in my uploaded pictures becasue of the great feature of TSW hiding the HUD at screenshots but trust me. Also, you can go ahead and test it yourself. Well, not a serious issue for me since I´m driving HUD-less but still something that shouldn't be like it is.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

I have noticed that the pantograph on the Rapid transit train goes too high and then goes corrects its self when near the hight it was to go, very weird.

16. Kentora

Kentora Member

one bug is about the achievement "Leipziger Legend" - the one to complete all the scenario.

17. Wothan

Wothan New Member

Any news on a patch for the Rapid Transit DLC ?

It has been out for quite some while, but nothing really has been fixed and for me it´s unusable without a functioning PZB system.

• Like Like x 9
  18. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Issue #1: If you want to change cab after driving in schedule mode to drive in the opposite direction, it is not possible to open the doors using the controls on the rear cab. The control of the doors always remains in the cabin that was used first.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  19. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Issue #2: In restrictive PZB mode, lights 85 and 70 flash alternately. at least that is the policy of the DB. In TSW, only the 85 lamp flashes and a 45km/h monitoring is displayed. Whether it's a quirk of Talent 2 or a bug, I can not judge.

Issue #3: When locking and unlocking the doors the right side by the Tab key, there is a german translation misstake. There is only "right" and not "lock / unlock right" (Rechts statt verriegeln/entriegeln rechts)

Issue #4: At each stop, after the expiration of the timer for loading the passengers, you are asked to close the doors and then waiting for departure afterwards. That's illogical in my view. You should always wait until the departure time and then close the doors.

Issue #5: The PZB is very faulty and is effective only on very few signals at all. In addition, the signals are often contradictory or simply make no sense. I see this as an urgent need for recovery, as it permanently disturbs the whole gaming experience.

Example for missing and wrong working PZB:
    The following has already happened to me several times: Before the stop "Leipzig MDR", coming from "Leipzig Connewitz", the speed is reduced to 80 km/h by a Lf 6 and a Lf 7signal (there is no PZB monitoring although there should actually be one). When I continue the ride after the stop at the station, I get in a 500Hz influence out of nowhere after about 300 to 400 meters. This always results in an emergency braking. I was able to reproduce the problem several times. Before, I always drove a little too far into the station. Once I had a perfect stop at MDR, there was no 500Hz influence afterwards. Funny.

Issue #6: After an emergency stop or if you accidentally turn the direction reverser while driving it can happen that you can not continue. driving. The simulator then no longer responds to the input commands of the throttle. This problem has already hit me in Heavy Haul.

Apart from this mass of errors already listed by other players here, I think TSW is very well done and I can see a lot of potential. However, Rapid Transit feels for me like paid beta. For these reasons, from my point of view, developers still have a lot of work to do. If the bugs mentioned here in the forum and also on Steam are fixed, Rapid Transit will be a very good add-on.
    Dear Developer: Please listen to the community wich is psoting all the bugs here and patch the sim. It will be worth it. Look at it: If we bother so many people posting the things they're missing out on for a good gaming experience, that's a good sign. So please give feedback what issues you will fix in the future. Be more transparent. Thank you for your time. I love the idea behind rapid Transit but at this time it's not what a customer can expect.

Maybe some Images will follow as edit.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Immer noch Nebel im Bahnhof und der Stromabnehmer ist über der Stromschiene
    Always a Fog in Leipzig tunnel and the Pantograph is over the conductor rail

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  21. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Is there every going to be any communication around the current PZB issues ? RT came out on the 15th DEC 2017 and its still impossible to run a single service without pzb failing and general signaling been up the creek . 6 months on and the same issues still exist .

• Like Like x 3
  22. Kalikowsky

Kalikowsky New Member

Still same bugs...
    Even Dual Horn dont work properly.
    You pressing 2 buttons, but you hear 1 horn.
    Pathetic XD

And of course same bugs from December 2017...

23. Mikel

Mikel Member

They do not solve the errors because they are working to take out more money, creating more short routes.

24. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Although you are right, fixing bugs is not cheap either... The larger issue I have is that the content is just lacking a lot in more recent releases. It takes a long time to develop routes, I agree with that. The same goes for locos and all, but I look at routes like GWE and NEC where they are dead compared to their real-life counterparts. Either an increase in development by increasing the number of employees on the program to maintain quality, or a release of tools so third-party content can be released and add to the game, and potentially fix bugs. The largest issue I have is not really the bugs, it's the fact that gameplay is so limited at this stage because of the lack of content.

25. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

And now there is another German route coming out and there is complete silence from Dovetail on the PZB issue. Many of us are asking valid questions on the status and getting no replies.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

They actually did reply on it two days ago in the July Studio Update found here. Hopefully this clears things up for you.
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...es/article/train-sim-world-july-studio-update

27. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

Not really, I posted this before those comments came out. Waiting 6 months for answers to valid questions is unacceptable. The answers given are not acceptable. They put out a product they knew was broken, and it sounds like they have no real intention of fixing it due to "lack of resources". So, no, they still really have not answered the question. Either give a time for when it will be fixed or just come out and say it won't be fixed. I appreciate you trying to be helpful and my harshness is not directed to you at all.

• Like Like x 5
  28. Mephrite

Mephrite Active Member

Unfortunately moneys come from (even broken) DLC's and not from fixing bugs. At least in DTG case. Since years it worked with Rail Simulator, so the same business model is designed for TSW.

From RT I'm buying only german routes (Ruhr Sieg will be the second one), because (I'm afraid) they have no significant competition and this the best what I can get. :/

29. Karl456

Karl456 Member

We might be lucky - in the dev stream it seemed like a very well thought out DLC without tons of bugs and compromises. Of course we can't really judge the quality of RSN before release but everything I saw made a very good impression on me - far better than every DLC so far. Maybe DTG noticed the rising criticism regarding their way to create DLC trying to gain the biggest profit with little effort and now they have begun to understand that it might be clever to just read what we write here day by day and to work on these existing issues reported by us as this is the simplest way to get us satisfied.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Now, RSN is out for a few month and I must say, that this is a big step forward for the PZB. Much thank you from my side to DTG.

But I can't understand why the well working PZB System from TS 20XX was not taken over or was not implemented from the beginning. In one of the last live artices, the devs say that they have to rework the whole signaling system. Why does anyone release a german route without working PZB or a System they have to completly rework afterwards? It doesn't find a way into my head.
    However, some bugs from RT were not fixed for nearly one year(!!), like my descripted door opening bug in plan mode and many, many others that makes this DLC unplayable, even in RSN. This is a very strong point that makes me feeling pain when trying to drive a german route.
    I think, DTG owe it to all the RT buyers to rework the PZB System and remove all the long reportet bugs that makes RT just a payed beta in my eyes. For me, RT is one of the best looking routes so it realy hurts. I don't know, how the DTG financial situation is or what they have to do for their money-givers but please make this DLC playable! And if you have to defer another Add-on release for this, do it.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Timmiej93

Timmiej93 Member

Since there is no thread for reporting issues for this route (there really should be a thread for each route and locomotive if you ask me), I'll report my issues here:

Light bleed from passenger saloon
    Not sure if this has been reported, if it is considered a bug, and if it can be fixed, but when running a train in the dark, a LOT of light bleeds into the cab from the passenger saloon. Closing the blind on the door has absolutely no effect, which I personally really don't like. Running in the dark is something I really enjoy, but not when I can't get a dark cab. See the images below for the difference between saloon lights on and off, both with the blinds closed.

Screenshot 2019-01-15 19.17.53.png Screenshot 2019-01-15 19.18.03.png

Monitor brightness buttons not working
    Unlike in RSN, none of the monitors in the 442 can be dimmed.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  32. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

For my new found issues on this route after the PZB "rework" patch from Arpil 11th, pls with this route take a look at my bug reports in the BR-182 thread:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/db-182-bugs.15716/#post-72879

After this last update with the BR-182 and after driving the three new scenarios I must ask: DTG, are you shure the last update included your PZB reworks? I can not see any changes compared to the route before and this patch was just 380MB large.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  33. Sparrow-hawk

Sparrow-hawk New Member

I've thought that the PZB's related errors were fixed. So I've select TSW - Rapid Transit Services - 1930 Leipzig Connewitz - Magdeburg service - If I pass the 500 Hz magnet with the 60 km/h speed, the emergency brakes will be applied.

34. mrshut

mrshut New Member

I'm having problems also. When I depart Greppin Station in the direction of Dessau HBF I pass a green signal and receive a got a penalty brake application. It has happened several times now.

• Like Like x 1
  35. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

What mode was PZB in at the time.. if you are running Mode M (fast freight) then you need to be at 50 Km/h not 65 as for Mode O.

36. Sparrow-hawk

Sparrow-hawk New Member

I'm using PZB Mode O - It's DB BR442 'Talent 2' EMU train.

37. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Well then, I would suggest you submit a ticket to DTG. At least then, there will be a record 9f the problem in that tracking system.

38. Texanator1987

Texanator1987 Member

Trees do not animate in the wind for me. They do on the other routes. Not sure why not on this one. Also, would be nice if I set the environment to foggy or wet that the underground stations were not also foggy and wet. Looks odd since they're underground.

39. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Does somebody discovered some real positive changes in the "new" PZB system?

40. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Thanks for realizing the sarcasm in my OP.

41. adrian.thompson7

adrian.thompson7 New Member

42. adrian.thompson7

adrian.thompson7 New Member

Maybe don't release at a premium price until you have play tested and ironed out the bugs yourselves. Charging people to test beta software is wrong.

• Like Like x 1