PC Train Simulator Without Trains

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Daniel Bloch, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

In CSX and GWE you see a lot of AI trains even if i think in reality the routes are more busy especially the GWE route.

But in Rapid Transit it feels so dead, in reality this is a very very busy route with many kinds of passenger trains and a lot of freight trains.

I am wondering if there will be some additional DLC to Rapid Transit in the future? There are so many possibilities for additional traffic on this route.

Freight train DLC:

The easiest way would be to do a class 66 and add just the PZB version of it. The freight runs could be start/end at Leipzig main station at a siding and go to Bitterfeld or the complete route to Dessau where an AI driver take over. (like in GWE).

But i dont know if the people would pay again for a class 66 they allready own with GWE, maybe do it with an other typical german freight loco.

Passenger train DLC:

For some additional passenger train services i would love to see some double deck trains (Doppelstockwagen "Dostos") with a BR101 or BR182 or some other typical loco that drives in front of them.

The passenger trains could go like the freigt trains from/to the Leipzig main station and end in Bitterfeld and Dessau.

And with adding the loop around the city tunnel the freight and passenger trains even could go the whole route to Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz.

I hope DTG has something in the works for Rapid Transit.

After i did 1/3 of the RT-services i will now take a break from RT because driving on an empty route and stopping on ghostown stations without any roadtraffic or life in the towns is a bit boring right now.

What would you guys like see as an additional DLC for Rapid Transit?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

All good points.

Even some non-driveable scripted traffic on the route or non-functional wagons on the siding would help a lot.

To add to all this, night environment looks even more dead because of lack of lighting. In reality it looks quite different, and RT at night looks more like Sand Patch - dark and lonely track in the middle of nowhere with an occasional crossing lighted by several streetlamps.

3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yesterday on Matt's stream he previewed a new German Class 66 in black and white for TS20xx. It looks beautiful in black and I would happily pick that up to add a bit of variety to Rapid Transit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

That is also my main critique on Rapid Transit: After a few runs along the route, it is just dead boring.

My first solution would be to just add all the other S-Bahn services that run along those lines. At least those running with the same trains, or with the same as substitute for what ever they have in reality, even if that's not really correct. It would massively enhance the driving experience. They should not be drivable unless they cover a significant part of the route.

5. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Yeah the rapid transit route is more like a quiet rural route rather than the busy suburban route it's supposed to be.

6. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Im not really sure if a Dlc would be the way to go here. I payed 30 Euro for Rapid Transit and im not really satisfied -just like you about the amount of content of the dlc. I dont think it would be much to ask for if we could get something like a BR182 added for free to the dlc, considering Gwe had 3 Trains included while Rapid Transit only includes one. But I dont think any of this is going to happen if im honest.

7. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

All i can say right now (without spoilers) is stuff is in the pipeline for Rapid Transit.

Stay tuned.

- Jay

• Like Like x 5
  8. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Jay: That is good to hear :)

9. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Yeah I think that's all Rapid Transit needs to be more busy: more types of trains. Similar to the complaints of GWE having too few services (seriously? 300 isn't enough? :P ), RT has too few services because it has only a fraction of the trains that actually run on the line. RT is definitely in a worse place than GWE though, and I still stand by my feelings that it should have come out later with a second train set included.

• Like Like x 4
  10. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

How about the DB BR 261 "Voith Gravita" already available in TS: a great freight hauling and switching machine? (Those familiar with my scenarios for TS will know where I'm going here.)

• Like Like x 2