Traffic Jams

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by argyle_smurf, Oct 28, 2020.

1. argyle_smurf

argyle_smurf Well-Known Member

Hear me out...

I completely understand when it was mentioned on stream that "mission breaking" faults would not be included because it would be unfair to steal success from the player. I agree, nothing would be more frustrating.

However, what about minor things? A random event in timetable mode that causes an AI train to be slightly delayed (no more than ten minutes) that could cause you to have to ride the yellows. Other things like that to just bring the network to life a little more rather than every service running perfectly to time

• Like Like x 6
  2. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

Mhm! This is exactly what I want for all routes. Yellow/red signals add realism that no other thing can.

• Like Like x 4
  3. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

The riding the yellows was one of my favorite microsoft train sim activities.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

Since I mainly just play the timetable services, I think it would be an excellent idea. Also add TSRs to the line as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ras

Ras Member

Excellent idea! could we tag any Dovetail staff to make sure they read this suggestion?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Would love this.
    timetable mode is brilliant, but the AI are unrealistically punctual to say the least :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Yeah! I’m in for this! Could it be done on this generation of consoles though? I have a feeling that this would demand more resources from the consoles to pull this off.

8. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Yes i agree! Finally some random events..something to happen...not just from point one to point two..and that all..

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Depends on how they've programmed the scores to work. If it's always based on a strict timetable then maybe they'd have to write a different rule for this sort of scenario

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

They could do ZUSI style scoring. And introduce interference in the movement of trains.

11. ARuscoe

What's that based on?

12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The starting score is 100%. Later, the grade is lowered in the event of a mistake. A bit different than in TSW, and there are more criteria.
    obraz_2020-10-29_124615.png

13. ARuscoe

There are similar scenarios in TSx where you start at 1000 points and then lose points for faults. May be replicable in TSW

14. Ras

Ras Member

Surely we could sacrifice collectibles and a few timetables, for a long route (British) with dynamic weather daylight to night and chasing realistic signals vibration on the controller for wheel slip wouldn’t go amiss either

15. ARuscoe

Collectibles probably take a few hours to make and place as they have no other interaction
    Each major station has to be modelled, laid out, track and signal interactions, line speeds etc etc
    And of course "long routes" tend to have more varied trains running on them, especially the local services out in the sticks, so to get them to be immersive would mean more trains, consists, service patterns...
    All a headache

• Like Like x 1