Have Dovetail A Serious Problem With Spanish Trains And Routes ??

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Renfe cercanias, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Hello guys

Today I come again with a subject that I do not understand because there are still no routes from that country, and yes, I am talking about my country, Spain. Some time ago on a live show, a Spaniard asked him (I don't know if it was Matt or Colonel Faluire) if they would do a renfe route and the answer was very emphatic: NO .... Okay and I ask, why ??? Is their license very expensive, don't you like the trains they have? Doesn't it attract you ?? what is the problem you have with renfe gentlemen of dovetail?
    I am going to speak very clearly, I think that adding renfe would be a great addition for us Spaniards, since seeing that the game is based only in three countries, we Spaniards feel very abandoned, so it is normal that some do not buy the game (I have the obvious game)
    so to summarize I want to make two things clear:

1) Whatever dovetail does, I think a Spanish route to vary a little country would be very good and I think that until they do it the Spanish will pass the game (except some and me)

2) Would someone be kind enough to explain to me (if he knows) what happens to dovetail with Spanish trains and routes ???
    thanks for everything . I'll be waiting for your answers .

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

As they said often during the stream, this does not only come down to licensing (which is certainly a big part), but also that a lot of assets need to be build (Spain is very different from the UK or Germany) and most importantly, the signalling and safety systems are different and need to be build from ground up. And although not every system is probably as complex as the German, it will take time for the research, to understand it and to implement it (if we expect at least some degree of realism).
    I don't think that anyone from Dovetail hates Spain, I think this is more a business decision - at this point, making a German route for example is much quicker and efficient than doing a completely new country, i.e. it is cheaper in the end.
    But since there are more 3rd party developers now (that are apparently working on a lot of stuff that doesn't make it to the road map) and DTG is starting to expand with the inclusion of France for example, I think there is a decent chance other countries such as Spain might pop up - although that is probably not a thing of months but rather years.

• Like Like x 4
  3. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

A lot of people want to see more counties - but there are a lot of factors that come into it. Some are in DTGs control, others are not. It's possible that some countries have had tentative approaches made and the rail operator has declined to license or co-operate with regards to access. In other cases DTG have access to the relevant sales data and opt to play it safe with the markets that are known to be safe bets. Producing routes is not going to be cheap and if a route flops then they are only going to play it safe further in future.

Beyond Forum suggestions, I'd maybe consider trying the TS Classic routes from other countries, so it shows there is demand for a more varied Route Roster.

• Like Like x 1
  4. eltt007

eltt007 Member

As a Spaniard, and a player, we have been waiting for many years for dtg to decide to put a Spanish route. Remember also that we are one of the countries with the best rail infrastructure, and if this year, as we have been informed several times by dtg, the high speed is slowing us down; it would be logical that renfe was there. Everything would be inverting it, nor is an answer given because it has not been planned or is working with third parties. Dtg should consider it or at least think that a large number of people are from other countries, and our NEEDS must also be covered.

5. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Another reason a "no" was the answer could be their policy of (this has been said in many streams) if it is not on the roadmap, it is not happening. This does not mean it won't ever happen, it just means it isn't happening now or in the near future.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Sadly along with many other world locations, I seriously doubt a Spanish route is going to generate enough return on the investment to be a viable proposition. DTG know they have a substantial user base in Germany along with a general wider interest in German (or US) railways among the overall clientele - enough to guarantee a good return on sales.

If you look at the other sims, there are very few Spanish (or Portuguese) routes. Those that do exist have generally been created as freeware, just as in other countries with a small following such as Norway and Sweden. Don't misunderstand it would be a great novelty to see such a route in TSW2 but I can't see it happening.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think a spanish route would be cool, but would people find it intersting and will it generate the same return investment as the three main countries, I don't think so. They could've also said no because "if it's not on the roadmap, it' won't happen." It could happen in the future but I have my doubts to be honest. You have to take into account licensing as well. There aren't alot of train games that have routes in spain so I won't be expecting anything from spain anytime soon

8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The best chance would be an "oddity" route like the Soller Railway in Majorca.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in a Spanish route. And I'm not even from Spain myself.

Would be cool to see something different from the usual UK/US/DE content. I've seen my fair share of UK/US/DE routes and trains during the thousands of hours I've played Train Simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

The whole SFM Mallorca network would be interesting and of corse Soeller or some renfe in either barcelona and valencia. I also think there's a demand for such routes for example out of barcelona as many know the city so not only primarly spanish people. So yea Viva España. The only good spanish suggestion that I could find so far > https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/spain-valencia-–-castellón-de-la-plana.23615/

11. eltt007

eltt007 Member

[QUOTE = "TSWx, post: 204345, miembro: 20924"] Sería interesante toda la red SFM Mallorca y de corse Soeller o alguna renfe en barcelona y valencia. También creo que hay una demanda de este tipo de rutas, por ejemplo, fuera de Barcelona, ya que muchos conocen la ciudad, por lo que no solo son principalmente españoles. Así que sí, Viva España. La única buena sugerencia en español que pude encontrar hasta ahora> https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/spain-valencia-–-castellón-de-la-plana.23615/ [/ QUOTE]
    La misma línea Valencia-Castellón es la que va a Barcelona, para la que el límite de velocidad es de 200 km / h. Y ejecutan todo tipo de materiales, de rendimiento medio y alto.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Why would a Spanish route or a route from another country we’ve never seen be a poor investment? Does DTG not realize that not only the people from the country will play the route? I enjoy German and British routes better than some US routes, and I’m from the US myself. I usually purchase routes based on quality and realism, not the country they’re from.

Personally, I would definitely enjoy a Spanish route, but I’d also like to step out of Europe and other western countries. Maybe something from Japan or India would be cool.

As for assets, hopefully they can get their act together and make new ones. If they made some Asian assets, they could do multiple Asian and Japanese routes, and end up making money since they’d be one of the first simulators to tackle that area. The same goes for other requested countries.

• Like Like x 1