PC Distortion At High Speed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by lalitsehgal21, Feb 9, 2018.

1. lalitsehgal21

lalitsehgal21 New Member

I have a fairly good system to run this game, i am sharing a video showing the wheels gfx when train exceeds 20kmph. The game is running maxed out have a look

THIS NEEDS FIX

2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

This is one of the consequences of the motion blur effect; it mucks up the look of the wheels. You can disable that by pressing Ctrl + F2. You won't get the scenery blurring past you in the train anymore but it'll fix the look of the wheels.

I'm sure DTG is looking to fix that at some point but from what I understand the underlying issue in in UE4.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. lalitsehgal21

lalitsehgal21 New Member

Thnx will try ...

4. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Yeah this is A Unreal Engine 4 issue and therefore not all that easy to fix. Fernbus Simulator has it too.

5. Juan

Juan New Member

You're wrong.
    It is caused by 'motion blur' feature as Corvan has very well said in the previous message.

6. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Well; I also said this as I think, although I'm not entirely sure, that the motion blur feature is actually built into UE4 rather than it being something that DTG designed themselves.

7. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Hi lalitsehgal21,

Thanks for raising this! We are aware of this issue, which is more to do with the engine itself and introduced the ability to turn off motion blur as a stop-gap fix until epic gives us a better resolution.

Hoping we can get this sorted out asap!

- Jay

8. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Juan I never said that it isn't caused by motion blur? I was agreeing with Corvan. Fernbus Simulator also has motion blur and has the same issue. This is because motion blur in Unreal Engine 4 will generally create this strange effect on fast-spinning wheels.

• Like Like x 1