Why Hamburg - Lübeck?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Snek, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

When the roadmap initally released, I researched a bit about the upcoming routes. Ever since then I've been wondering just why has DTG decided to build Hamburg to Lübeck

Matt has said multiple times that they want to develop a good selection of diverse routes for TSW, so why Hamurg - Lübeck which literally doesn't bring anything new or interesting to the game? It's a flat straight run with mediocre scenery and the 4th German flatland route in a row. Driving on it will be, in my opinion, boring.

The timetable is not very busy and the entire length is constant 160km/h with speed changes only at either ends of it. Looks like freight will be just A to B uninterrupted runs and passenger services will have little variety with only REs (regional express).

Even the new locos are nothing really new. The 182 is already in the game and the 112 is very similar to the 143 from RSN. There's nothing interesting about this route and i have a feeling it won't sell very well after the inital sales, as there is no reason to buy it over any other german route. I won't be buying it, and I have all the german addons.

In conclusion, this route feels like a huge waste of developement time to me, which could have been much better spent on other, better routes. I'm just suggesting DTG to choose more diverse DLC in the future and actual interesting gameplay and scenery. Something from south Germany or even better, Austria, would be great. You can even find better routes out of Hamburg alone.

Now, I know some people will disagree but I'd actually be happy to hear if there is anything special about this route?

• Like Like x 28
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

The Hamburg-Lübeck is already made for TS20xx, so the production of the route would be less complicated than building a fully new route. But honestly, I want to get the Hamburg-Hannover instead, or those two lines together in one route.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

That's true, but there are many other more popular German routes they have built in TS. It's just a weird choice. As you said, Hamburg-Hannover would have been much better, even if it went only to Lüneburg.

• Like Like x 6
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

If it was set in the diesel era with 216's, 218's and 220's then on to Puttgarden to simulate train ferry operation...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the route, but I also have to completely agree with you. I feel like DTG is a bit too much on the highspeed-hype-train - sure, SKA and HMA were interesting, but they also had variety along the route. But for this DLC, the rolling stock is a pitty for starters. One loco that is already there just in a different livery (on a side note, I was thinking about buying the loco DLC, but since it will come with this route, 14€ saved there) and another that is only a slight modification of an existing one (like with the ICE3 and ICE3M). If they would at least do the TWINDEXX EMU for example, that would be amazing.
    I think Hamburg will be a nice station, but since no S-Bahn services seem to be included I am not sure what to expect from the driving experience. This one will probably have to wait to be bought until there is a sale :)

And as you say, I agree that there are better routes. Hamburg Hannover, maybe, but wouldn't the driving experience be the same? I would really like some German Diesel, Lübeck-Kiel would have been a very interesting route for example (where they also could use previous research from TSxx). Let's keep our fingers crossed for the next routes that make it onto the roadmap.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Let‘s not forget that TSG more or less confirmed that a Br 218 will be coming:love:

• Like Like x 2
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree that the route will be bland since i did research on it. It was in ts2021 as well so they have resources on it. I like high speed routes but this route has no variety and it's only 39.0 so another short high speed route.

8. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Technically there is a thing. The maschen marshalling yard. This is the biggest freight yard of europe and there are a lot of different freight trains that comes from every part of the europe. For exemple of the traffic, in real life normally a new freight train comes in this yard every 5 minutes. Now i don't know if it is included into the route but if not i think it will be a shame. This could be an europe version of the sand patch dlc. Can be included a lot of shutting and preparation of the trains and a lot of depot services, also banking service with shutting locomotives and recevery services from hamburg hbf. And if you have the other dlcs maybe with the layers system can be add the s-bahn too and IC. Possibilities are a lot and honestly it will be a wonderfull thing for me. If not, i think that can be another HRR 2.0 for me. Honestly the presence of the br182 mrce seems that can be added this yard.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I personally would have preferred Hamburg to Hannover or Hamburg to Bremen.
    With the other routes, there is much much more Frieght traffic as it goes to and from the docks and to Maschen Yard.
    Furthermore, there are more Highspeed sections which could include the ICE1 and ICE2, along with the IC Class 101 services.
    There are Metronom services using class 146s and class 246s, with Class 193 workings along side many many other locomotives.
    Personally, is a no brainier.
    If not that, then maybe a route going north? Such as going more towards the Danish Boarder at Padborg.

• Like Like x 3
  10. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Not just the 218 but potentially another large diesel loco as well!! :D
    On the rail-sim.de forums, Maik Goltz stated that TSG is currently working on the 420, a large diesel loco, the Vossloh G6, and a multiple unit of some kind (sorry the post is in german).
    Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 14.23.39.png
    I asked him which diesel loco it will be and this was his answer!
    Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 14.24.57.png
    So that pretty much confirms TWO large german diesels are in planning for TSW 2. Yaaaaaayyy!

• Like Like x 2
  11. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

TSW’s route production is very slow, and route development rights are not oriented to all objects. When they make TSW, they need a large number of routes to maintain the enthusiasm of the players. Therefore, for the diversity and selectivity of routes, the fastest speed can be achieved, so copying the route of TS is the best choice

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lamplight

That‘s exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for providing the necessary posts. The first mainline diesel will probably come for a route we already have, I think, as it‘s already in production (according to the post you provided; anyone reading this who doesn‘t speak German will just have to believe us:)). And once Hamburg-Lübeck comes around we‘ll get a Br 218 which for me is enough reason on its own to get it.

I‘d like to start discussing what the first mainline diesel could be now but that would probably be too far off-topic for this thread:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I agree with you, Hamburg Lübeck will be the first German route I will not buy

• Like Like x 1
  14. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I noticed that one of the trains coming with the route is a doppelstock controlcab car and also doppelestock coaches so if this is correct,being able to relivery and paint them will be new and before this only pc players could paint these types of cars.

15. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

We can soon also repaint the preserved Dostos because the entire preserved collection will soon be available for livery editor

16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well either way that will be acceptable to me.

17. tallboy7648

I will not be buying this route either. It's to bland of a route

18. Cramnor

I'm not sure if the entire collection is going to come over to livery editor. Especially with the Dosto and BR182 from Hamburg-Lübeck, if I were in DTG shoes I would probably not port those from preserved collection to livery editor, as these vehicles will be part of the route (and thereby usable for the livery editor anyway). So that would be double work for them. And from my understanding they never said ALL vehicles, only some, but I might have gotten that wrong as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. w.lichko

So sorry Snek for completely changing the topic of your thread :)

I’ll keep it short.

We have to first look at the available and planned german routes. All of them are set in the modern era.
    I presume the 218 will be an add-on for the Hamburg Lübeck route, but what could the other large diesel be. Hmmmmmm….

I hope not the 245, because we already have enough TRAXX locos and a 187 is being already developed which is a 3rd generation TRAXX loco (new for TSW) and the 187 cab is very similar to the 245.

I really do hope for one of the br 230 family of locos. A Ludmila for RSN maybe?? please oh please :)

Maybe a br 247, the diesel Siemens Vectron, that would be very cool!!

Large noteworthy diesels not operated by Deutsche Bahn:

Voith Maxima
    Vossloh/Stadler Euro Dual
    The german version of the class 66

If I missed any other present time large diesels let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lamplight

Yeah, me too:)

I agree with pretty much all of it. The most likely candidates to my mind are:
    • Br 245
    • Br 247
    • Ludmilla (Br 230 family)
    I think (or hope) a Br 245 is unlikely as we've already got enough TRAXX as it is. A Br 247 would be a bit refreshing. But according to Wikipedia (not a good source, I know) DB doesn't actually have any anymore: Screenshot 2020-11-16 110834.png
    Sorry for the German source but the English article thinks Br 247 refers to a Class 66. This makes a Vectron DE a bit less likely but not unlikely.
    A Ludmilla would be great of course. Something completely different from the newer locos we tend to get for German routes:love:

21. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I've bought the Hamburg-Lübeck route as part of one of the Train Simulator editions, and I gotta admit, it's a boring route, with long straight sections, a flat landscape, and parts with slow speed limits. I honestly don't know what should be the appeal of this route. As soon as this route is listed on Steam, I'll click that "ignore" button.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

I'm also not sure why when like you said its a boring route and they are including locos we've already had in Ruhr-Sieg Nord and Main Spessart Bahn (and maybe others as well?). There's also not really much potential for S-Bahn as that only runs a short part of the route.

Similarly I don't understand why they are building the DB BR 101 for Koln-Aachen, when it doesn't even run on that route? It would make a lot more sense for Munchen-Augsburg as BR 101 IC services run there.

• Like Like x 1
  23. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

A good choice in my opinion. Large cities, a large Hamburg station, dense urban development, a developed cargo yard, a depot, beautiful landscapes, a large number of services, many directions for expanding the route. I am looking forward to this route and I am sure that I will not be disappointed. I will definitely buy.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Hamburg part is great, but pretty much the only interesting point on the entire route. I find the beautiful landscape quite plain and boring, but obviously others have different views.
    I wish there was a big cargo yard, but there is actually only a small one in Lübeck, so as a freight fan this route doesn't offer much to me.
    And sadly they don't do extensions so a completely different route out of Hamburg is much more likely to happen.

I just don't think this is the kind of route TSW needs as we already have similar ones. But enough complaining, at least I have RSN.

If they include a part of Lübeck port it might actually make me interested and building the route all the way to Lübeck-Skandinavienkai would be amazing for truck trailer traffic. That would be a route I would buy.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  25. kosti.nuuja

But what about Lübeck-Kiel, which is non-electrified.

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

If the db br 101 doesn´t run on koln aachen, then I don´t understand why they are making that train for that route. It seems more of a cash grab. I will not be buying that train

27. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Since SKA is in the base game, everyone can buy it, and they can have additional services for every other route. If HMA was it base route, less people would buy it because not every player owns HMA. It's a marketing thing ;)

28. w.lichko

True, even if it impacts the realism. I'd bet the 101 will add layers to at least SKA and HMA. It'll be an add-on for the base game, so I believe dovetail will be inclined to add 101 layers to more routes then. So it's all good.

29. tallboy7648

Yes it would add more services to ska but itś unrealistic for a sim if they keep advertising their routes as having real life timetables with the proper trains that would run on that timetable

30. BluePasta#4721

BluePasta#4721 New Member

Hamburg - Hannover would be pretty good as it could have the ICE 2 which might be intresting

31. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

And this Train we get probably for Hamburg dlc like on Train Simulator the 648 Diesel 5F0FB38E-6D5B-487F-B3A7-47CE0BCA5436.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

That train looks nice

33. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

In general there are too many German routes lol. America really needs some love. We only have 4 current American routes if you count CN Oakville subdivision as one.

• Like Like x 5
  34. tallboy7648

The germans have dominated north america and the u.s in terms of passenger routes. Edited by DTG Natster

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Cramnor

Not the point of this post. If you like more american routes, go to the suggestion forum and make your own suggestion(s) ;)

36. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

tallboy7648 I have edited your message you will have been well aware was inappropriate, don't do it again.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Totally agree, I don't know whether it's a lack of common sense that they make routes that aren't so interesting or whether it's a monetary issue.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

There are 2 ICE trains a day in each direction (They go from Lubeck to Munchen overall). So they could add this small layer of ICE trains? (Depending on what ICE stock is used irl - I have no idea I just looked up Deutsche Bahn timetable)

• Like Like x 1
  39. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Articuno there are two trains per day, one with ICE 2 (BR 402) and one with ICE-T (BR 411). There are also some Intercitys, but I don't know if they change their loco in Hamburg or in Lübeck to a BR 218.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

If they add the ICE 2 then everything will be fine.

41. tallboy7648

You can't take a joke. Some British must lack a sense of humor or must be sensitive to it

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  42. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

The BR232 is confirmed already 5FC71A11-0BB4-483C-A89B-60327E388FCA.jpeg

43. kosti.nuuja

44. tallboy7648

Personaly, I won't be getting the 232 but I will get the 420

• Like Like x 1
  45. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

I’m the opposite lol. I’ll be thrilled to finally be in the driver’s seat of a big German diesel!

• Like Like x 6
  46. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's a big Russian diesel....

• Like Like x 1
  47. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The U.K. as well.

48. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It's not so much the number of German routes, but they're all modern electric passenger routes, which all start to feel and look very similar very quickly. Although they're no shortage of UK routes, at least there's more variety with some historic and heritage routes. Germany could use the same treatment; some historic and heritage routes would add to the variety, even though they'd be from the same country.

And yes, America is a tad behind, especially for passenger routes. If I count correctly, the current number of US passenger routes is limited to... well... LIRR...

On a more positive note, America still is 3rd on the list of countries represented in TSW. There's many more countries which yet have to make their appearance in game.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Cramnor

For Americans there is Peninsular Corridor as well, so that "doubles" the number :D

Some historic German routes would be really nice, but I think it is difficult to get all the information you need in order to build this route - which becomes especially hard for a different country and language (most people you want to talk to probably don't speak English, if you get the right contacts in the first place). But let's see and be excited about which routes will be added next to the roadmap :)

• Like Like x 2
  50. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Ah right, forgot about that one. Thanks!

I doubt language would be the issue. Plenty of modern routes would be documented in German as well. I guess DTG knows a few contacts who can help them translate by now.

For Train Simulator, DTG made the Wutachtalbahn, steam heritage railway. Something like that would be pretty interesting in TSW as well. And I do remember the little BR628 DMU included with TS' Mosel Valley route made by Aerosoft to be one of my favourites.

So far, the only German stuff we have is modern electric traction with double deck coaches. The EMUs all start to look very similar too. The fact that they're all red doesn't really help either. At least Rapid Transit uses a different color on their trains :P

• Like Like x 1