Fix The Amd Issue Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Schnauzahpowahz, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

This is beyond irritating, as long as its gone on without recognition - whatever you did in the GWE/DB363 release week... un-do it

This fire is spreading. Users are reporting this often and in various places, myself included obviously. This started patch before last, play 2 minutes, 5 minutes or 10 will lead to inevitable CTD. On and on it goes. I have 0 problems with other far more intensive games. Ive tinkered with my pc trying to make it work far more than i shouldve... no dice.

All the typical driver checking/rolling back, clearing cache, verifying files, removing mods, sacrificing a goat etc. etc. does not help

Please dont fill this post with "intel run fine play every day", useless droning.

Contribute. Amd users with this issue please speak up.

I was thoroughly looking forward to the Dash 8 & roadmap but thats come and gone, im not touching anymore content til this is corrected

Acknowledge it
    Fix it
    Please

Ive got Ryzen 1700x/ Nvidia1660ti

----

Examples, could list many, many more but i wont. Its all the same...

As much as I'd agree "submit tickets", thats well and good yet hidden away. Make this issue front and center

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1282590/discussions/0/2966145784746051576/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1282590/discussions/0/2998795613901370825/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1282590/discussions/0/2998795613901182608/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1282590/discussions/0/2981907749299156255/

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/whats-gone-wrong.31659/

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-desktop-on-pc-anyone-else.26162/#post-210235

• Like Like x 9
  2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

intel run fine play every day

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes me too

• Like Like x 1
  4. vlad_shatilov

vlad_shatilov New Member

Yeah. Have the same. Absolutly unplayable since GWE. Still wait my ticket response from DTG since 18.11

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I have an amd computer (ryzen 5 and Radeon rx570) too, but I can play for hours fine without crashes. Are your drivers updated to the current versions?

6. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

My Geforce system ran fine until 24th Nov update. now I am experiencing the same problems.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  7. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

First PC AMD Ryzen 3700x & Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+ se, second PC AMD FX-8350 & Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ se Crossfire.
    Both systems have 32GB RAM.
    I can play for hours on both systems without a single crash using Adrenalin 20.11.2.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If you have the latest AMD adrenaline software UNINSTALL IT as it corrupts frequently and is a known AMD issue.
    This came out about a month ago so possible coincides with the GWE release.
    If you download the software but install the main driver manually from the files rather than the adrenaline software it works fine

9. Schnauzahpowahz

Thats great if you have an AMD GPU, otherwise not

No. One. Cares. I see you post this or close to this statement everywhere, the other guy was joking. Not helpful

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Problems such as the “AMD” issue can be very difficult to track down. MSFS 2020 is experiencing very similar problems, also it seems with AMD. As can be seen from some of the comments, it isn’t universal with all systems using AMD and others where AMD isn’t involved are having issues.

After the update before the latest, all my German routes would crash to the desktop, but that was because of a mod I had installed and had forgotten about. Issues like these my be caused by multiple configurations of hardware, drivers, mods and items totally beyond the control of the developer.

I always suspect my system first, check drivers, programs running to the background, any mods or tweaks I might have installed, run diagnostics and scour the support forums for possible solutions. I am also blessed to have both a desktop and a gaming laptop so I can test the program on two different platforms (both Intel and Nvidia based). Anyway, I hope all that are having difficulties get it sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This is already a known problem but I will raise the severity internally. I understand that might not feel particularly helpful right now while you are still experiencing problems, but the issue is by no means being ignored.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  12. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

For some reason I don't have any issues with my AMD CPU. My setup is:

AMD Athlon X4 860K
    Nvidia GTX 970
    16 GB DDR3

(Don't laugh at this setup - I play with high settings on 50+ fps. I will upgrade it very soon™)

Out of my hundreds of hours I have put into TSW2, I never got a single CTD. I hope it will be fixed soon for the people here that use an AMD CPU and get CTD's all the time, it would frustrate the heck ou of me if my game stopped working every 10 or so minutes.

13. Curgenven

Curgenven New Member

It looks like it's *mostly* with first gen Ryzen CPUs I have a Ryzen 1700X and experience the crashes, reading through al the threads on it it seems in general anyway most people with newer Ryzens are not having so much of an issue with it.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Pentacone

Pentacone Member

Hello Everyone .... I Have Just Added The Following On My DTG - Kayako Ticket ....

------------------------------------------------------

Hello There ...

I Have Been Experimenting Again .....

I Am In The Fortunate Position of Having "2" Gaming PC's ..... !!

I Have An Intel i5-3470 4 Core x 3.2Ghz ....

1TB SSD SATA ....

12GB DDR3 Ram ....

12GB PageFile ....

AMD Radeon RX560 OC 4GB GDDR5 Graphics ....

Adrenaline 20.9.1 ....

Plus a nVidia Geforce GTX 550Ti ... For The "PPU" (PhysX Processor Unit) .... !!

Usually I Use This PC Solely For TS2021 .... !!

"BUT-IT-WORKS" ..... !!!!

-----------------------------------------------

I Downloaded The Base Game Sand-Patch-Grade .... ICE .... & Bakerloo-Line .....

Plus Northern-Trans-Pennine & Great-Western-Express .... ::

I Have Just Completed "2" Full Runs On The GWE .... And Checked NTP & SPG ..... !!

There Are No Signs of CTD .... !!

----------------------------------------------

So ......

There Is a Problem With My Ryzen5-1600X (12 CPU's x 3.6 - 4.0GHz Turbo .....

16GB DDR4 ....

32GB PageFile ....

Radeon RX5600XT .... Adrenaline 20.9.1 ....

Super Fast 3D-NAND PCIe Mounted SSD ... !!

This Machine Worked Perfectly Before The Upgrade of "Preserved-Collection-5" .... !!!

--------------------------------------------

Does This Story Help You To Track Down The Differences Between AMD Chips And Intel .... ???

With Kindest Regards,
    Joseph Peter Sheehan.
    "PENTACONE"

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. vlad_shatilov

vlad_shatilov New Member

Just a little update from the flight deck.
    Today I made a little pc upgrade. Ryzen 5 1600 to Ryzen 5 2600. And what?
    No more crashes with Ryzen 5 2nd gen.
    No doubt that reason of crashes was Ryzen 5 1 gen. Not GPU.
    Now with Ryzen 5 2600 and Radeon RX560 (20.11.2 driver ver.) no any unreal engine crashes.
    DTG please keep it in mind.

16. hightower

hightower Guest

There does seem to be a theme beginning to develop here...

17. Curgenven

Curgenven New Member

If DTG want to send me 2700X to replace my 1700X as a test I'm happy to help out ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Not a Ryzen owner myself, but I think I have an idea.
    Those who have problems with an AMD GPU, ugrade to the latest driver (20.9.2 I believe). Skip 20.8.x.
    Now to the CPU part:
    The problem seems to exist mostly on 1st gen Ryzen CPUs, 2nd gen and upwards are fine.
    Have any of the Ryzen 1000 owners tried a bios update? 1st gen Ryzen was known to have some compatibility issues which caused all sorts of problems.

19. Schnauzahpowahz

The only fact i see remains, nothing was changed on my cpu - game ran fine... dtg update killed it

The 1st gen ryzens are still highly capable hardware... its not the problem - but the 2nd to last tsw2 update made it one

One thing that is clear, should help narrow down the fix for said hardware from dtg

20. Curgenven

Curgenven New Member

Yes, one of the first things I made sure of was that my BIOS was the most recent version

• Like Like x 1
  21. AdvancedFollower

AdvancedFollower New Member

Same issue here, crashes after 5-10 minutes with the Unreal Engine dialog.
    Ryzen 1800X, GTX 1070, 16 GB RAM

If the game were incompatible with 1st gen Ryzen CPUs, this should have been mentioned at the store page before you purchase...

• Like Like x 1
  22. hightower

hightower Guest

I reckon DTG think (or thought) it was a GPU driver issue, as they’ve now added that line to the Minimum & Recommended spec for the game.

I think it’s pretty clear though that the problem is with 1st Gen Ryzen CPU’s. It obviously wasn’t an issue previously and the game did work with them for a good while. I’m sure they’ll get to the bottom of it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. vlad_shatilov

vlad_shatilov New Member

Yes. It will be honest.

24. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

Just updated my bios to latest version (old one was 3 years old!). Sadly, system still crashes frequently. Then I've updated graphics driver to latest version v457.30 after having recently rolled it back to v446.14. Still no luck! Can't think of much else to try beyond upgrading the CPU. Bakerloo Line seems particularly bad with first crash occuring often before I even get the train moving.

25. Curgenven

Curgenven New Member

I'll admit I did nearly use this as an excuse to upgrade my CPU to one of the latest ones my board will support, but the wife thought that spending £300 to just be able to play one game was a little extreme, especially when I mentioned that it was working fine previously, and every other thing on my PC works fine with the 1st gen processor.

We know that it works perfectly well on 1st Gen Ryzens, as I had plenty of play time with no crashes before the recent updates, and when it does work (I can get about half an hour on Tees Valley) it works very well, I just hope DTG can pinpoint what it was that changed and rectify it sooner rather than later!

• Like Like x 1
  26. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Keep your money in your pocket, In July I splashed out about £1.600 on an all dancing all singing gaming computer, like you hoping for a better performance, I have had nothing but grief, my old computer was working fine, no problems.
    I use my computer for video editing, complicated photo editing with no problems, it is just TSW1 and 2. started blue screens of death and lot's of unreal engine crashes. the computer supplier went through a;ll the checks and found nothing wrong with my system.

I then rolled back my Geforce 2070 super driver to 446.14, no more problems for about 4 weeks, then the last update caused my frame rate to drop from about 50fps to about 10fps.( this I have found out was because my in game screen res had be changed from 1920x1080 to 4096x2160).

I sent a ticket in and was advised to update all my drivers, which i did including the latest Geforce 2070 driver, now all the blue screens of death and unreal engine crashes are back.

I checked with the task manager whilst the game was running and it was using 25% of my i7 Cpu, 95% 0f my Gpu and 20% of my ram.

I have re installed driver 446.14and I am hoping for the best.

Keep tour money in your pocket until this is resolved.

Mike

27. hightower

hightower Guest

Are you getting any error message with the BSOD’s, or is the computer just crashing? What CPU is in the machine?

Finally, is Windows up-to-date?

28. Schnauzahpowahz

I wouldn't drop a dime for hardware, when the issue is clearly with dtg

Infact, they should be paying us for content we can no longer use that im about to write off completely and refer the same to anyone

Bet your short and curlies if there was an issue of the same caliber with ps4/xb1 they'd be on it like white on rice - as thats their golden goose

This has gone on over a month with no update or action

29. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

I've thought of something else! I've just updated the AMD chipset drivers to latest version (dated 19.10.20), as I've not done this before in the almost 3 years since I bought my PC. Guess what? It still crashes!! Grrrh!

• Like Like x 1
  30. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

I don't believe it's GPU, because I physically changed out my nVidia 2060 Super for my older Radeon RX 570 and there was no difference - still a crash with UE error on TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping within the first 5 minutes of a service.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

I've just installed latest nVidia graphics driver v457.51 issued yesterday. Still keeps crashing! I'm working my way slowly through tuition on Sand Patch Grade. System crashes every 3-4 mins. I have to save game every 2 mins then continue from there after next crash. Why is the Resume a Saved Game command buried so deep after start-up? This is a real exercise in patience. I hope DTG solve it soon.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  32. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It's a blessing in disguise as most save game resumes break the game in one way or another. Mostly the signalling.

33. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

Yes I've noticed that in TS2021. I've got no choice currently with TSW2.

34. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

No problem today after the Mastery patch

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

Interesting that Dovetail hasn't mentioned this anywhere. I just completed a full scenario without any issues on Main Spessart Bahn.
    Maybe they haven't announced it because they aren't 100% sure the issue has been fixed, but I would still expect them to at least ask the players who have been experiencing these issues (at the very least those who have submitted reports) to test the latest version of the game. If it weren't for the fact that I've followed this thread on the forum, who knows how long I would have waited without any information at all.

• Like Like x 1