1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Gone Wrong?

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by michael hooley, Nov 24, 2020.

1. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Just had a month without a problem, now an update, my frame rate has dropped from 60 to 19 and I have had 3 crashes on Bakerloo, West Somerset and Trans Pennine.

Mike

2. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Community Manager Staff Member

Hey Mike, was it after today's update you've started experiencing crashes? Please could you make sure to submit a ticket to customer support so we can investigate further and try to find a cause.

3. michael hooley

As I have said I received an update this afternoon, I think it was for TSW2, I will persevere a bit longer then submit a report, I have altered nothing, it seems to be the update that has caused the problem, everything was fine until today.

Mike

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Do you have amd hardware

5. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Michael Hooley, at least from his posting history, has an Intel i7-9700KF and RTX 2070 Super.

6. michael hooley

Thanks callum you are correct. I have always been told to keep all drivers up to date, i bought the new computer in May and started to get blue screens of death and crashes to the desktop also the now famous (unreal engine crashes please submit a report). This only happened when playing TSW1 and 2 and TS2020 as it was then.

Despite checks the company that supplied the computer said there was nothing wrong with my system.

I read on here how to roll back the Gforce 2070 super graphics driver, so I picked one released in May before the problem arose (446.14).

I was very suprised by the results. I average about 3 hour a day on the sims, not a single problem in the past 4 to 5 weeks and a frame rate of about 60, until yesterdays update. the first thing I noticed was my frame rate was down at about 19, yesterday I had 3 crashes 1. the computer froze and 2 unreal engine crashes.

The only thing that has changed is the update, I have submitted a ticket and will not alter anything until i am instructed by DTG.

Mike