Roadmap Update 8th December 2020

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 8, 2020.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]
    You can read the full update here.

Use this thread for any feedback and discussion you may have.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 20
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Says released lgv which isn't and mastery for tsw 2 but not in my game there isn't

• Like Like x 3
  3. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

Yes we can soon see our preserved collection trains looking beautiful in the communitys liverys

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Wow! Lots of fixes coming!

• Like Like x 5
  5. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I've got a feeling that they have muddled up the sections as there is no 'Upcoming' section. So I assume all of the stuff in 'Released' is actually supposed to be in 'Next Arrival' and all the stuff in 'Next Arrival' is supposed to be in 'Upcoming'.

On another note, Sam said last Friday that, SPOILER, platform information screens would be coming to Koln-Aachen and would be on this weeks roadmap but it isn't. :o

• Like Like x 6
  6. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

why tgv on released?? not 17 yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

LGV has been released? I don’t think so...
    Does nobody proofread the roadmaps?

• Like Like x 9
  8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

It also says todays roadmap was published 3hrs ago which it clearly wasn't so it suggests a newer version exists and the old one went live with incorrect details

• Like Like x 5
  9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Nothing much except now we know what is coming to the livery editor from the preserved collection 1st.

Im gonna assume the MP36 will also include the Bi-Level cars correct?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It's the list of released it is at the bottom of the list.

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The ‘Released’ section in this update does not correspond with the ‘Next Arrival’ section of the last update. All those things have just disappeared from the roadmap. I don’t recall seeing any of them listed in the patch notes of any update either.

What has happened to all of those Sand Patch fixes etc? I’ve been trying to keep track of things that are now possible to play but with every update patch note article and every roadmap, I’m finding it harder to tell what has been released and what hasn’t.

• Like Like x 6
  12. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

So they write these ahead of time as if they know what’s going to come in later weeks? Sounds like a bad idea to me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

you realise that now its published 3 hours ago but set to public at that time it got public

14. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

So DB BR 101 back for SKA then? This is getting absolutely confusing. It was for SKA at first, last roadmap it was for HRR, I even asked on stream if the switch was intended, and Mike said yes. Now it is back on SKA again.
    Is this the first loco addon with no real timetable? :D The only IC service stopping at both stations are rare connections on the weekend...

• Like Like x 2
  15. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh...... Screenshot_20201208-114309_kindlephoto-10649040.png

16. DTG Natster

Appreciate you pointing out the errors, we have someone working to rectify those now so everything makes more sense.

The reason the article states it was published 3 hours ago is because it was started 3 hours ago and has only just gone live.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  17. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The roadmap is becoming a real DTG product. It is nice and I really appreciate the work put into it, but I do wonder why DTG always stops at 80% along the way of their products and doesn't go all the way to finish it properly :D bugs and misinformation at its finest :/

LGV is released? I must have missed that...
    Br101 back to SKA? Thats a pity...
    Br182 for livery designer? Don't we get that with the next German route anyway?
    To name a few...

• Like Like x 13
  18. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

ñot good

19. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I quite like the list of fixes you're working on, good job on those.
    But I'm quite dissapointed that "preserved collection sound issues" are still stuck in planning and even listed only as "investigate". You took the extra time for GWE and NTP to make sure they would sound good, so why aren't the german locos fixes in production? They definitely got the worst treatment during preservation and are almost unplayable.
    Meanwhile, the less important pres col livery designer functionality moved to in production

• Like Like x 9
  20. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

• ★ [Fix] Great Western Express High Speed Train not accelerating at at a prototypical rate
    Any news about the Class 377 braking? (my thread here)

Also what about a BR423 substitution for the BR422 in the timetable services between Köln and Düren (SKA)? You will have to work on that anyway since a lot of that timetable needs fixing...

Anyway it's great to know that the Pres.Co will be available on the livery editor, also some really nice fixes such as the missing sun and the medals in SKA.

This was quite a good roadmap, can't wait for what's to come in early 2021 :)

• Like Like x 6
  21. DTG Natster

The article has now been updated.

• Like Like x 4
  22. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

why tgv not on next release?

23. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

So with the BR182 For us to paint is, it only the Loco or can we paint the Dostos Also with the Loco. Because with the 182 we got Also, Dostos. And the Plattform bug At Düren is Not Fixt.

24. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

101 is still incorrect...

• Like Like x 1
  25. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The roadmap seems like a massive bug checklist which is crazy. The DB BR 101 does not run on Schnellfahrstrecke Koln-Aachen in real life so I don't understand why they are adding it back to SKA. It's probably because some people probably didn't want to buy hrr to get the 101 but couldn't they just have made the DB BR 101 a standalone dlc like they do in train simulator 2021 so you wouldn't have to buy a route to use the train and to let a player at least use the train on off the rails instead of adding a unrealistic timetable for a train on a route. Also how in the world are they "investigating" sound issues on preserved collection trains when it's clearly obvious that most of the preserved collection trains have sound issues. It makes no sense. Also how are they gonna make livery designer compatible with some preserved collection trains if some of them are pretty much unplayable. They should also have a professional writer check the roadmap article before it's published live. It makes the people who write that roadmap article sound like they didn't go to english class. I do wonder when they will add the DB S-Bahn Koln DB BR 423 to replace the 422 because the 422 doesn't run on ska in real life. The db br 423 does and they would have to do some changes to the current db br 423 that is currently in the game since they would have to repaint it to the DB S-Bahn Koln livery and probably have to change the destination boards and the passenger interior

• Like Like x 5
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Some nice fixes upcoming, including the medals for SKA. I’ll soon be able to properly play SKA (assuming the medals, especially gold, can be earned). Just need this on Rapid Transit now too.

• Like Like x 4
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

There is no need to do these changes... the Munich S-Bahn one would do just fine... it's not more wrong than the Rhein-Ruhr S-Bahn 422 anyway

• Like Like x 1
  28. tallboy7648

It would be unrealistic though to just port a munich s-bahn train to ska if the db munich s-bahn is a completely different rail network to the db s-bahn koln network. They would have to repaint the 423 that they made and do some interior and exterior tweaks to make it realistic to the rail network that it's operating on

29. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

So looks like the SKA fixes and Mastery will be out this week and the GWE/NTP and LGV out next week. Quite pleased with this roadmap as all my routes are getting a mention including ECW getting the livery designer which is right as the 313 will clearly be compatible anyway.

Am interested in what the substitution options will be on West Somerset railway, some Tees Valley trains are already on there so will there be some of the NTP/heavy freight added too?

• Like Like x 2
  30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As I said. It's as unrealistic as the Rhein Ruhr S-Bahn If we want for them to consider it at least let's make it easy for them... it would be nice for sure but for now a simple substitution with what we already have would be fine.

31. DTG Natster

Should be correct now.

32. tallboy7648

Techincally line s19 is part of the DB S-Bahn Rhein Rhur network but the 423 runs under the db s-bahn koln network so it's realistic

33. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I know, but right now the train that runs that line is a "Köln S-Bahn" BR423, so while technically it is part of the Rhein Ruhr S-Bahn it doesn't matter...

I'm 90% sure they won't do the Köln S-bahn version so it's either the Munich one or nothing... the choice is yours.

Even if you want to consider the Rhein Ruhr S-Bahn "correct" if it's a question of wrong train vs wrong interior and writing I'd take the wrong interior and writing...

34. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I'm mostly looking forward to painting the 66, plenty of options there

• Like Like x 3
  35. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I second this. Can't ask for too much, and creating interior and exterior just to update the 423 to fit SKA seems too much work that would not be that important. Personally I think having the correct model running on the route would be a big win already. Heck even a substitute would be great.

But if we go by that then the 422 on RRO is not realistic enough as well since it is running there in green livery for years. Yet we all are fine with the red one until we can paint it ourselves (or so I believe?)

• Like Like x 1
  36. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

Livery designer for ECW! im just waiting for SFJ or LIRR

37. tallboy7648

Hint: Reread your article before you publish it just like how you would proofread a english essay in english class to make sure there are no spelling or grammar errors. Anybody who went to English class would know to reread something that you wrote before you publish it.

• Like Like x 1
  38. tallboy7648

It would still be unrealistic to add a db munich s-bahn 423 train which would run on a different network to ska. That's like saying if dtg made a gwr class 800 for a modern version of great western express, and if they were to make the London Northeastern Railway, they should just add the gwr class 800 to the lner route so they wouldn't have to add some changes to what would be the same train to make it easier. That just sounds lazy and is encouraging laziness

39. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Not withstanding the errors in tallboy's own post to Nat :D

There is a line on the roadmap with some internal comments on it that shouldn't be there, the "in production" section:
    [Fix] Out of Memory reports caused by particular routes or trains (EXPAND - reword - optimisation)

Also, I note that the locos being made by TSG do not say they are being made by a third party - like the Rivet ones and Skyhook ones do. Is this an oversight or deliberate?

• Like Like x 3
  40. tallboy7648

If I were to write an article about something, I would check for mistakes in grammar, punctuation and spelling or at the very least, have someone else check it before I published the article. DTG can surely have done that

41. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

No, the fact is simply that the planned add-on for the SKA S-Bahn was the RR S-Bahn 422, as an additional thing which wouldn't require a large development effort some us asked for the BR423 from HMA to be added to SKA, since some of us don't care about its configuration but care about getting the correct driving experience and driving the correct train for the route.

Also, are you suggesting that the difference between these two:
    IET Paignton 1.jpg AZUMA2.jpg

Is the same as this?
    Br423.jpg 03-13-s-bahn-muenchen-modernisiert-data-1-e1552511470611.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  42. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

• [Fix] The sun is missing from the Sky on PS4.
    As a PS4 player, I didn't even know the sun was meant to be in the game. I just assumed the designers didn't add it...

• Like Like x 5
  43. tallboy7648

A. It's called using an example but I guess you don't know what an example is.
    B. It seems you don't care about the proper configuration of the train so you would rather have the wrong configuration of a train in the wrong route, instead of the right configuration of a train in the right route. This is a simulator after all

• Like Like x 1
  44. tallboy7648

The sun is missing on xbox as well which makes no sense

• Like Like x 1
  45. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The example you gave is nowhere near representative of the main problem... while for the BR423 case the only difference would be the writing, logos and interior for the Class 800 it's a completely different livery...

Yes you understood correctly. I never ride as a passenger and 99% of the time I'm in first person view, so if it has written "S-Bahn München" or "S-Bahn Köln" and if it has the wrong kind of seat, I couldn't care less as long as the actual driving of the train "(it's a train simulator after all)" is right, which isn't right now with the BR422.

Enjoy the wrong train then... it has Rhein Ruhr S Bahn written on it so it's technically correct, as we know, the best kind of correct.

• Like Like x 2
  46. tallboy7648

You know that the 422 running on ska is incorrect. DTG know that it's not correct and I know it's not correct but then again you wouldn't care about that. Also the whole point of a simualtor is to be realistic as possible inside and out

47. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes I do, because it's a 422 and not a 423, which are completely different to drive.

I care about the 423, I don't care about being the Köln 423

With this I'm out of this discussion... this thread is about the roadmap not about us bickering for something that won't happen anyway...

• Like Like x 5
  48. tallboy7648

It will most likely happen in the future to make it realistic

49. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Munich Br423 is not coming either, there have never been any locos added backwards (i.e. to DLCs released before the loco) but only forwards (i.e. loco used in a new DLC coming after the loco). Why would DTG suddenly start doing that?

• Like Like x 2
  50. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That's the point... we asked if it would be possible (no response obviously)... in general newer trains were not correct for older routes anyway... 422/425 in RSN, MSB or RT? In this case we have the correct train for an older route and with the original post we just wanted to know if it was something worth considering, especially since it would give us another reason to own the route...