PC Tsw Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Typhomat, Feb 14, 2018.

1. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Even with how great the NEC in TSW looks visually, and of course will love to see much more of it added, I still wanna see it made over to the standards of route quality in TS20xx. Because with the way they’re extending routes for it, it totally justifies a remake as an addition to what is already there. This in turn will hopefully drive DTG into finishing the corridor and even adding other major corridors down the line. Like the Keystone for example. I would really love to run a scenario from NY Penn to Philly To Harrisburg. Of course with the Amtrak Keystone cab car to run services that utilizes them.

Every time I run a scenario to Philly I always wished there was a destination to go utilizing that track going towards the Keystone corridor.

Now, there is supposedly such a route being made by an individual but not much being said on his end and not sure when he will release it if he ever gets around to doing so. As it’s quite a task to take on especially since he allegedly also included the trackage all the way to DC as well.

Just so many things they can still produce for TS that I’m dying to see get done. And would rather have it in TS because it’s far more established and DTG pretty much has it down packed about how to get content done as well as set deadlines they know they can meet quicker.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Well it looks as though something will be happening on the Xbox front soon. I suppose there's a possibility that we might get something on the editor front such as maybe a scenario editor even if not a route editor. I know there's been speculation that a 387 might be added but whether that means an addition to GWE or a new UK DLC is another matter.

3. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

I hope to hear something soon then.. No other DLC in march is buying the route.. Other DLC coming in march i will have to think about it. And have a talk with the wife :D

4. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I wonder how a scenario editor is going to work on the Xbox? They don't have something like Steam Workshop, do they?

5. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

I guess they will only have the standard stuff..

6. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Something that concerns me is when you say “(which is a prospect we are very keen to explore)”. regarding extensions has DTG already established this is possible with TSW. So in TS you need the same starting co-ordinates etc, the last thing I want to do is buy these new routes for you to then decide months/years down the line that it’s not actually possible?

7. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

So what's next?

8. Luke.Frederick

Luke.Frederick New Member

Hopefully some video footage

9. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I meant what's next in line for release in TSW in general.

• Like Like x 2
  10. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Possibly some more information on the route editor.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rare_common_sense

Wouldn't have made sense for the Acela, as there isn't enough of the route for it to be useful. And the P42 is Diesel only, which is prohibited to traverse the tunnels unless it is being pulled by an electric locomotive.

• Like Like x 4
  12. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I think the Acela would definitely have been more of a “so what” addition than anything...It makes sense that it is not present here, as the lack of a proper use for it means that any time spent building an Acela now would be wasted time, better spent on the ACS-64 and the scenery. Personally, I prefer having extra track, like the line down to Fresh Pond, over having the Acela. It would simply be less fun to have less track.

• Like Like x 4
  13. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

No patch information just dlc after dlc. What about fixing bugs and optimization first

14. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

If you’ve read Jays posts throughout this thread you’d see that the bugs are being worked at the moment. It’s not like DTG could just fix bugs in a couple of days, it takes a while to fix the many bugs and then release the patches and the DLC that they’re making.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

There have been patches already. And Jay mentioned that there will be a patch released around the same time with the DLC..

16. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Achievements list from Steam Database, 10 in total:
    • ACS-64 All Aboard: Completed 64 boarding tasks
    • GP38-2 Car Collector: Coupled up to other vehicles 380 times
    • ACS-64 City Sprinter: Reached 100 mph in the ACS-64
    • ACS-64 Northeast Regional: Operated 640 miles in the ACS-64
    • GP38-2 Geep Trail: Operated 380 miles in the GP38-2
    • NEC Day One: Completed the ACS-64 Basic Introduction
    • NEC Time to Shine: Completed the GP38-2 Basic Introduction
    • NEC New Yorker: Completed all the available services
    • NEC Big Step: Collected all collectibles on Northeast Corridor New York
    • NEC Manhattan Master: Completed all scenarios on Northeast Corridor New York

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

You can already unlock one

https://i.gyazo.com/ee0fe618be0ce43e69488da5d9a59722.png[​IMG]

18. pschlik

Well, of course, the GP38-2 is just another paintjob to the Heavy Haul one, so the game isn’t going to see any difference between the YN2, YN3b, or YN3 ones. Anyway, the achievements seem pretty standard, but it is really nice to finally see a collectibles achievement again. Hoping all this stuff actually works though...

• Like Like x 1
  19. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

We all only want the best for this sim as it has the posibility to be the best train sim out there not just in terms of graphics either even though there incredible

• Like Like x 1
  20. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Strap in for a longhaul, not an express

• Like Like x 1
  21. rare_common_sense

I can't wait to see how well they did the stations. And just how they look in general, graphically. Also whether they set provisions for future expansion. What would also be cool, is if they were able to somehow implement real-time weather, track conditions and, possibly re/constructions that would be seen along the line. Seeing the multiplayer (whenever that sees the light of day) action on this route would be something else.

• Like Like x 4
  22. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I've seen all your dire warnings about how people's expectations are far too high and then you post this? :D

I think it's a given that real-time weather and track conditions are non starters. It's also version one of the DLC and sadly DTG's track record (pun intended) so far is that version one always requires a patch shortly afterwards to fix the breaking bugs that nobody can understand how they got through QA in the first place. :( I would be very pleased if that was a habit that DTG could lose.

• Like Like x 1
  23. rare_common_sense

Clearly, you don't see that there's a difference between what one expects, and what one thinks could be an idea. What I brought up isn't an expectation. It is just exploring and expressing an idea that somewhere down the line I feel may possibly make the experience a bit more immersive.

• Like Like x 5
  24. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

#announceGWErollingstockdlc please ;)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Rayne

Rayne New Member

I don't think real-time weather is that much of a far cry. They could probably license with a company/companies that does/do monitoring. I know DTG isn't Microsoft, but I feel like if FSX could have real world weather 'round the globe, there's no reason DTG couldn't figure out how to get accurate weather data for specific route areas/stretches.

• Like Like x 2
  26. rare_common_sense

Thank you! Which is exactly one of the main reasons why I brought it up. As far all other things those can be things that happen as random events within scenarios. So no two scenarios are really ever the same. Just like how you create a character and you go about your lives and experience different circumstances daily.

Again, I must stress (before I’m accused of expecting this to be in the game immediately) these are only just ideas that I feel would TSW more unique. If they (DTG) can manage to somehow make it happen. If they don’t feel it’s worth the time and/or resources. Then so be it. As long as they bring out quality content that we all hope they’ll make at some point in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Yes, the weather behavior could be changed. I suggest that we don't need user control about it. Just choose the day and time in calendar - proper season and weather forecast will be generated.
    for example:
    set: 24.december 10:00 >>> Winter - Cloudy with possibly snowing / -7°C / wind 3 m/s N-NE

28. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Jay

[​IMG]

;)

• Like Like x 5
  29. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

I'll see what I can do

• Like Like x 14
  30. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

"20 likes on this comment and i'll reveal it"

#AnnounceThe387

• Like Like x 6
  31. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  32. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

[​IMG] Justice for this lord and saviour

• Like Like x 2
  33. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

How do we know if and when the Class 387 comes out? We may just get the Class 165 first (a proper model and not just a re-numbered Class 166 I hope)

34. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

its practically a meme in our discord community - but what you just said = heresy. ;)

I would prefer a 387 over a 165, purely based on preference and the fact it would actually add some variety to the route.

• Like Like x 1
  35. pschlik

And here I am, still hoping for FGW paint on the existing stuff.

twiddles fingers

• Like Like x 7
  36. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  37. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The OHLE and wires look horribly pixilated when zoomed in on those pictures. Perhaps DTG forgot to turn on the anti aliasing?

38. pschlik

DTG didn’t take the screenshots, Elphaba did...or usually does in his articles. And his rig is not like a GTX1080ti and all. I imagine he does not have the kind of power to do 200% screen scale to reduce aliasing the most of all.

• Like Like x 1
  39. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

[​IMG]

I also spotted the issues highlighted in red - but yeah, seems like the game is being played on low/medium - not the best use for a PR article, but yano haha.

40. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

[​IMG]

I also noticed issues in the highlighted boxes - some distortion/blur on the trees, some blurred ground blending and again poor AA - CactusJuice also mentioned how the high speed inspection facility appears to be missing entirely

41. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

This is why Elphaba always states the pictures represent content still in development in his articles.

That being said, the two AA choices in TSW aren't great in my opinion. I've bounced repeatedly between both and never been graphically satisfied.

42. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I think this was played on a higher graphics setting than medium. I play with everything maxed out (GTX1070) and it looks very close to what I see in the other routes

I also agree with the AA, I haven't found satisfaction with either.... Looks exciting though

This can probably be in another thread, but what would screen scaling really buy? I haven't gone above 105%, but I don't notice much of any worthy improvement from it.

• Like Like x 1
  43. pschlik

So, what screen scaling does is basically telling your graphics card to render more pixels, then to squish all those pixels into a smaller space. That's the most pure and effective form of anti aliasing, and all other AA filters are a cheaper, but less good, way to do it. (You tell the GPU to render 2x the pixels, it'll need to spend 2x the time processing. But you use an AA filter and it's more like 1.2x the time to render, but an effect that's close to rendering 2x the pixels)

And as for setting it to 105% and noticing nothing, you shouldn't notice anything. 105% is like doing nothing, real results come from settings above 120%.

44. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Would it be better to increase the scaling to 120, for example, and remove the antialiasing?

45. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

It gives better results than antialiasing, but uses massively more power.
    Antialiasings impact goes roughly linear to your resolution, while scaling goes up squared.
    So 120% Scaling uses roughly 150% GPU.

In the end you have to just test what works best for you. Maybe even a combination of antialiasing with some scaling.

• Like Like x 2
  46. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

[​IMG] yeah I use TAA with 135% scaling - im happy with how it looks and runs, 50+ if not raining.

• Like Like x 1
  47. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

[​IMG]
    these 2 being my bet examples I still have on my PC.

48. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I am at 120% and TAA too.
    By cons, I put maxi 40 FPS to avoid lags when crossing with AI ..
    But I am satisfied also with the rendering.

I have a 1060 3Go and an I7 - 7700 3.6 Ghz and 16 GB of ram

49. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

the only issue I have graphic wise now is the insane OHLE flicker when you are stationary - i really hope that gets addressed at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Some of the fences at stations do that as well.