Roadmap Update 22nd December 2020

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 22, 2020.

1. grimya

grimya New Member

I'm SO EXCITED about the raildriver/joystick support!!! Thanks Dovetailgames :D!!!

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I am most looking forward to the sound fixes and Southeastern High Speed. There are a few DLCs on my wishlist that I am holding off from buying specifically due to the broken sounds and visuals, and SEHS was one of my favourite TS classic routes. Also, I very much look forward to the progress on Main-Spessart Bahn locomotives as the BR 146.2 is in dire need of sound fixes given how prevalent it is on every German route to date.

Happy Christmas and I hope you all have a nice break. Maybe Sam's holiday will actually be holiday now? :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

So excited to see the departure boards and platforms for lirr.

• Like Like x 2
  4. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

The BR 101 should come to Munich-Augsburg or to SKA to be albe to reach High Speeds, because HRR is a short route and in my opinion the worst german route, it's wayyy to short.

5. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Great to see the LIRR getting platform departure boards. I wonder if the M3/M7 are receiving enhancements since they are being investigated.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

They don't run on SKA in real life and HMA is already falling apart with all the layers on it. Not many routes left... and yes, even I'd love to take it to its top speed in a timetable.

7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I guess you can say a broken promise on the Bakerloo Line Timetable but hey it may come hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  8. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

Was anything said about progress on console layers or the Koln 2km crashing?

9. Callum B.

No progress to speak of.

• Like Like x 1
  10. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I'd be MORE happy if it were next arrival. So not Xmas present but maybe in time for my birthday in February?

• Like Like x 2
  11. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Me too? But from Livestream it sounds like it's still some distance away?

• Like Like x 1
  12. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Nope, unfortunately being able to play the content is not a priority for DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  13. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

From what has been stated on the previous Livestream the loco is a Class 52 in BR Blue - makes no sense when this could be replicated in Livery Designer?

• Like Like x 1
  14. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I was interested to read "fix class 377brakes overpowered"

This is a bit alarming if they are going to make them worse are they going to add more brake notches if they plan on doing this? Seems impossible though as then it wouldn't be true to life, the brakes on this train seem fine and equivalent to all the other modern units.

Km not looking forward to having to brake a 80mph train when still 2miles away from a station.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Basically it just brakes too well compared to TSW2020 (and real life from the limited information available), Notch 2 is about as poweful as the old Notch 3 and notch 3 is just ridiculous, more info here.

Video highlighting the issue here

If you are against this change there is a poll in the first link so you can vote against it.

There is still going to be 3 notches (B1, B2, B3)

The old braking distance was about 1.3/1.5 miles IIRC from when I played TSW2020 from 80 and 90 MPH, ~1 mile or less was good from 70 mph (if you only used B2 braking, much less if you used B3, which, as far as I know, is unrealistic in normal operations).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Not everyone (including me) wants to spend time trying to paint a loco though. I suspect there will be at least one new loco (and hopefully a DMU) as well as a a blue class 52.

• Like Like x 4
  17. bowie87

bowie87 Member

That seems so right. DB BR 182 is on the roadmap for the livery editor. But why should I make a repaint for a loco, that I dont't want to play because it has so much issues? PZB indicators are not working in the cab and the sound is a pain.

18. theorganist

Not sure how common class 37's were that far east in the 70's. Certainly South Wales saw plenty of them. What about the local passenger train, presumably there will be something running between Reading, Slough and London on the stopping services.

19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They are planning on fixing them to make them more like the real life unit, as reported by real drivers. You won’t have to brake so early, the changes are unlikely to be that dramatic.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

At the moment, you can just use step 1 for all station stops and still run ahead of time, so making the brakes a bit less effective may just mean step 2 has to be used a bit more. It's not like this will make it impossible to keep to time, as is proven by it being very easy to keep to time in TSW2020 despite the less effective brakes.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Swallow livery wasn't around in the 70s, didn't come on stream til much later, so would be the blue/yellow version if anything on the 43/253

• Like Like x 3
  22. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

1.Please fix the sounds first of the trains of preserved collection. I now avoid one of my favorite locs the BR146 because it sounds so terrible :(

2. Destination boards

3. SEHS

4.The rest

lol:)

• Like Like x 5
  23. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

I hope it includes a HST livery will definitely get it

• Like Like x 3
  24. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

yeah, I meant the flying bananna

• Like Like x 3
  25. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

The changes to the 377 brakes are likely to make them significantly worse (closer to reality) as they are drastically over performing at present.

• Like Like x 4
  26. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, making the brakes less effective will mean it will be closer to the real life thing. At present, the brakes are quite significantly overpowered. Particularly notch 1 as it brings the speed down quite significantly, whereas in real life it’d only gently bring the speed down.

These changes would be welcome as slowing the Class 377 down seems a bit too ‘easy’ at present with no real feel of weight to it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes, ECW went from one of my favourites to one of the worst, I only completed 9 timetable runs with the 377 since TSW2 came out :(, it really feels like a model train to drive.

• Like Like x 3
  28. ARuscoe

Ah, OK. They wouldn't do that in the 70s either but could do that as an add on for the GWE

29. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

no, flying bananas were '76 onwards

30. ARuscoe

I thought this referred to the class 43 NR testing train painted all yellow which started operating in the 2000s. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but that's what I was referring to

31. theorganist

There was an even older train nicknamed Flying Banana's. The original series of Great Western diesel railcars were nicknamed Flying Banana's.

The HST would need more than a repaint to make it a realistic 1970's version, things like the lights and interiors have changed and of course they had the lovely Paxman Valenta engines in the 1970's not the more clinical sounding MTU engines. Also they came in at the very end of the Western's, so it would depend which part of the 1970's they portray. If they provide a Hymek then only the original prototype HST would be seen alongside it.

Still it depends on how realistic DTG want to be. They say they want to create as much realism as possible, this will be a test. Although it gets off to a poor start being on the modern GWE. I did say I wouldn't purchase the pack, but if they give us a proper DMU for the route I may well change my mind!

• Like Like x 5
  32. tallboy7648

Well it doesn't run on ska in real life so it wouldn't make sense for realism purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  33. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I am also really happy about SHS route be in "Upcoming" section!
    I had mentioned I was waiting for it since I saw it the first time on the Roadmap

I believe that happened due to the following issues with the last 2 routes:

> Munchen - Ausburg: it is a really nice route, with High Speed, Regional, Commuterl, and Freight trains. So great diversity and entretrainment!
    But it has important performance issues! Mainly on Munich area
    I made a Scenario, and despite I modified 2 times, in order to have less trains when arriving there, the game crashed, with error message!
    No problems with regular timetables, apart from the "stops" for scenery loading.

> LGV Mediterranee: Another really lovely route and train with the fantastic TGV.
    But just one train and only high speed with no red lights - may be just one - or 2 as on the streaming (really strange situation!), so just go from A to C and vice versa and sometimes stop at B, will be boring at least.

Then both routes are not selling as they wanted, and as several members of the community have shown grat interest on SHS, - as I did - they are pushing hard with this route!

I agree also with the lack of US routes and new trains!
    CSX was the first route ever of TSW. Later the Penninsula Corridor which is Nice, but we lost Amtrak! I would like to have it back soon.
    More heavy freights are missing, but with longer routes. Cajon Pass
    Yes it will be Cane Creek, but it is a branch line, and locomotives will be the same as SPG, but just with UP logos.
    What it is not clear is if Skyhook Games will only do the route, or also the locomotives? I believe it will be the fist option.
    DTG will modify the AC4400W - I hope so - with the "new" standard trucks, and ligths at the top of the cabin.
    But the heavy freight fans, have been requesting for newer locomotives like the ES44AC and the SD70ACE - or their Tier 4 versions.
    More freight cars are needed also.
    Clinchfield is another short route, but again SD40, meanwhile the lovely and historic F7 is welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  34. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Br 422 doesn't Run on SKA either so...

• Like Like x 2
  35. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Intercity 125 in BR Blue would be nice too.

• Like Like x 3
  36. theorganist

Yes it would, it would need new sounds for the original engines and lights and interior would need remodelling to take them back to original.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Callum B.

No, helderbrincolas is pointing out that DTG has a history or putting trains on routes where they do not belong.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

BR 422 was put as a stand in for the DB BR 423 on Koln-Aachen, because there wasn't a DB BR 423 in game yet, that came later with Munich-Augsburg (Also Munich S-Bahn 423 has differences to Rhein-Ruhr S-Bahn 423 anyway I believe). A similar thing has also happened with the 425 running some regional services on Munich-Augsburg when in reality it is the DB BR 440.

I also agree though that HRR is way too short, I can never get into driving on this route because the services are over as quickly as they start, and it also feels weird in that almost all the services do not terminate anywhere on the included route. I would much rather have it on Munich-Augsburg where it would actually be able to get up to speed. Hopefully they can fix the memory issues with layers (especially for consoles) so that we get to drive it on Munich-Augsburg.

• Like Like x 4
  39. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Nice that we will get the Javelin in the near future. BTW do you think that Southeastern High speed has some freight action in the southeastern part of the route behind Ebbsfleet?

• Like Like x 1
  40. Northerner

I'm guessing they'll be freight services to/from the Isle of Grain, coming off the route at Hoo Junction, probably using the class 66 already in game.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

If that's the case I guess these services will only work if you own either ECW or GWE. I don't see Class 66 being included in the DLC itself.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Northerner

You might be right there, though I'm not sure what wagons are prototypical on these services. So if freight services were to be included, they may need a new type of wagon if the ones in already in game aren't suitable.

43. londonmidland

Freight opportunities will be extremely limited given the nature of the route we will be able to drive along. Furthermore, it seems Hoo Yard sees a mix of DB, Freightliner, Colas and GBRf operations on ballast trains. Not only do we not (currently) have Freightliner, Colas or GBRf, but we do not have any types of ballast wagons currently modelled for TSW.

So I'd say the possibilities of seeing anything freight wise are next to none. So expect to see an empty looking yard.

44. londonmidland

The majority of traffic the yard see's is ballast/engineers trains as far as I'm aware. Which we do not have an appropriate model for in TSW.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  45. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Ah, I get it... Well, that's not wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  46. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'd rather have the wrong version of the right train, than the right version of the wrong train.

• Like Like x 2
  47. tallboy7648

DTG did say in a stream that they may work on getting the DB S-Bahn Koln DB BR 423 into ska

48. Shuroop

Shuroop Member

I don't understand people who ardently demand to increase the functionality of the livery and script editors ... the question is - why do you need it so much ??? And even more, I do not understand the developers who prioritize the execution of work on these editors, while at the same time pushing into the background the solution of critical problems in baseline scenarios and the operation of trains in general! You definitely have a problem with prioritization, gentlemen!

• Like Like x 5
  49. ARuscoe

Maybe the developers of the editors and the developers of the consists are different people, so more than capable of doing two things at once.
    And don't be sexist.

• Like Like x 2
  50. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I don't think it was ever promised? For me nothing is certain until its in next arrival. It has been mentioned that the road map will be fluid and that things can fall off the list with reasons as to why. But even if it has gone off the list it could come back, unless they say its literally impossible to do. If it's not something they can implement now I'm hoping they can this time next year. The hustle and bustle of London is quite important for me personally to experience, so that extra traffic is needed along with any other future LU route.

• Like Like x 4