Hamburg Hbf To Cuxhaven Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rail Runner, Dec 29, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes but if there were some specific features...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Now this is a very beautiful route in Germany which has both City and Rural services. The services include the Hamburg S Bahn, RE5 operated by Metronom, and freight services too and from the Hamburg docks, to Cuxhaven and to Maschen Yard (the Largest Marshalling Yard in Europe).
    The line up to Cuxhaven is unnelectrified part of the way which means that the RE5 services using the Class 246 locomotives and the Doppelstockwagens.
    The S-Bahn services run From Hamburg Hbf to Stade, where the line is unelectrified from there onwards to the Terminus at Cuxhaven.
    There are some freight services to Cuxhaven that use both Diesel shunters and Diesel locomotives.
    At Cuxhaven station, the original German Semaphore Signals are used. This would be a first for TSW2 which would make the route unique.
    The RE5 services enter Hamburg-Harburg and then Reverse back out down the Cuxhaven branch this too would be another unique feature for the route.
    I would suggest that this route would include Maschen marshalling yard because this is where most, if not all, the freight terminates and starts at which heads to the docks and Cuxhaven.
    Please let me know if you have any suggestions or other features that this route could include.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Rail Runner

Here are some photographs from Google of some of the stations and the rolling stock:
    [​IMG] Hamburg Hbf
    upload_2020-12-29_13-38-13.jpeg
    Hamburg-Harburg (where the RE5 services are reversed)
    [​IMG]
    Maschen Marshalling Yard (second largest marshalling yard in the world)
    [​IMG]
    Stade Bahnhof (where the S Bahn services terminate)
    [​IMG]
    Cuxhaven Bahnhof. This is where the RE5 services terminate. This photograph shows the semaphore signal at the station

Some Rolling Stock:
    [​IMG]
    This is the S Bahn Class 474 which is used between Hamburg and Stade.
    [​IMG]
    This is a Metronom Class 246 Diesel Locomotive which runs with the Doppelstockwagens to Cuxhaven from Hamburg.
    [​IMG] DB Class 294 which runs some freight from Maschen to Cuxhaven.

If anybody has any more information, then please post it below. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Any route containing the Maschen marshalling yard and the port of Hamburg would be amazing. Germany in TSW is severely lacking in the freight department right now and i hope that changes soon.
    And I bet Metronom as the first private operator would attract sales as well and add lots of diversity.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rail Runner

I’m mainly in favour of the Diesel Passenger use which it would feature. It would be a great addition to German Railways in TSW2

• Like Like x 1