The West Coastway Line

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by budtheweiser, Oct 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

the West Coastway line runs Between Brighton to Littlehampton Bognor Regis Portsmouth & Southampton
    Hove, Aldrington, Portslade, Fishersgate, Southwick, Shoreham-By-Sea, Lancing, East Worthing, Worthing
    West Worthing, Durrington-On-Sea, Goring-By-Sea, Amering, Littlehampton, Ford, Barnham, Chichester, Fishbourne, Bosham, Nutbourne, Southbourne, Emsworth, Warblington, Havant, Bedhampton, Hilsea, Fratton, Portsmouth & Southsea, Portsmouth Harbour Cosham, Portchester, Hamble, Netley, Sholing
    Woolston, Bitterne, Southampton Central
    there is 3 tunnels on the line and the stock is the class 377 & 700
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I'm honestly finding it quite strange that they haven't already done this. This would be nice as en extension to the Brighton mainline. I have no personal familiarity with anything British as I've never been there. But would be welcomed to have it in my collection.

3. budtheweiser

I Hope Dovetail Games would start developing this route for the game just before Christmas

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I think it would take more than a couple of months to make that route, although I would like to see it someday. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. budtheweiser

I hope we have this route for Train simulator 2021
    before December

6. budtheweiser

I Hope that Dovetail Games & Backdated Train sim develop this route

7. budtheweiser

Great route to come to the game

8. budtheweiser

lets hope this route gets developed before Easter

9. budtheweiser

Lets hope this route gets develop before Valentines day

10. budtheweiser

Great Idea for the Southeast of England

11. budtheweiser

I hope this route to see this route by the summer this year

12. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

Yeah this would be nice to have another route to use the AP 377 on. They could do the East Coastway while they're at it. I mean, they've done it in TSW2, so they've pretty much done all the work, right? Or at least 70% of it. They'd just need to dumb it down a bit for TS.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Before I comment, let me address this:

This kind of post is going to get you ignored. They have other projects they are working on, including the third-party devs, and they don't care what your timetable for development dictates. They will ignore you and your suggestions if you do this. I said as such in another thread and feel it's worth continuing to point it out because it makes you look like a whiny child. (Just to be clear, I am not trying to call you out or make you feel bad, but rather to help you out here. I love all the ideas. :) )

Now, on to the point of my post. There is actually a Workshop item by Warwick Rail that covers not this exact line, but something close to it. Apparently he's from the Portsmouth area and he is developing a Workshop route reviving several since-lifted lines in the area. It only goes as far as Warblington after the Havant Junction and then will be ended with no further building, but I am aware you are suggesting the segment after that. This would be a nice way to connect Brighton and open up that entire part of the map for further route development later using the various connected end points as the basis for other routes (Littlehampton to Horsham for instance, to connect to the Sutton and Mole Valley Line - which really should be taken and developed into payware as that is already well under freeware development), and would let them build from the base at Portsmouth along this line. It would be a fantastic addition.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. budtheweiser

Great route so that I can Drive the APW class 313 & AP class 377

15. budtheweiser

Great route I hope the route in train simulator 2021

16. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

You are breaking the Train Sim World forum rules. I think that similar rules apply to the Train Simulator 2021 forum. The rules for TSW can be found here. https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-forum-rules.23560/ . I believe you are breaking the Spamming and the thread bumping rules. Doing this doesn't increase the chances of the route being made. I agree with the suggestion but don't post unnecessarily. It won't make the route any more likely to come to Train Simulator.

Same can go for some of your other Suggestions as I have pointed out before.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. budtheweiser

great route for the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.