Roadmap Update - 26th January 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 26, 2021.

1. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think Adam just confirmed it, basically said the LGV fixes listed are what they did before being moved on from that route, so I guess thats it for LGV fixes.

They also confirmed they have ZERO intention of doing anything about their terrible sky textures which is sad.

That excuse about the green lights though, you could apply that to every route - might aswell remove DSD/AWS next hahah

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

How about adding cement circle for 2020 being fixed added to the list? Can’t reproduce, I know a few users than can.

but at least wind in the willows in France is being fixed next week. Asked no one.

4. bart.rousseau

bart.rousseau Member

5. Yunas Papi

Yunas Papi Active Member

Please fix "Cement Cicle" for TSW2020 for the consoles (after that you can get all Achievements again), or at least another way to unlock this Achievement, as soon as this is fixed I am willing to spend money for Train Sim 2 and the dlcs for it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Im hoping to see at least one of them get moved up before March.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

There is no support and bug fixes for TSW2020, if want the the fixed one you will need to move onto TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

There is still an ongoing discussion with DTG in another thread regarding the issue on TSW 2020, the current approach they were looking at was to enable to achievement being earned in an alternative way.

I'm sure if Sam see's the comment he will direct accordingly, but in any case, that particular issue is still being looked into.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yunas Papi

Yunas Papi Active Member

The problem is with the last update they break this achievement, and TSW2020 is still a full price game, maybe it is easier to change the requierments for this achievement.

• Like Like x 2
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well the pis for rapid transit is easy to implement since they don't have to upgrade the pis system like they would have to do for lirr since the system is different than the german and british ones so it's not a surprise

• Like Like x 1
  11. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I think we are all aware it is fixed in Train Sim World 2. Just a good few of us want to 100% the achievements in 2020. I only started the game last year after it came to Game Pass and am buying all the DLC (not just for the achievements but to enjoy all the content). There was a thread where Sam offered some hope that some solution could be offered...like modifying the achievement requirements (easier to do).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cadetski

Cadetski New Member

However the destination boards on Talent 2 EMUs on Rapid Transit not working.

13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I do not see that happening when TSW2 was fully launched the support and bug fixes stopped for TSW2020. I have not seen in any of the streams or posts for Sam saying they would fix TSW2020.

DTG Protagonist if you offer a little advice to this.

14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

0B99D38E-ED38-4DDF-9588-A5B75E16D1FE.jpeg DTG Protagonist why you don’t give us the InterCity Cabcar for the DB BR 101?
    It’s Really annoying without it, it want easy to create

• Like Like x 2
  15. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

They said that they won’t as they haven’t allocated the time or budget to it.
    To make the cab car you are essentially making another locomotive with all the controls and sounds.
    It seems to be a practical business decision and I’m sure they’d want to make it if they had the time.

16. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just to drop a note in here that the crocodile system hasn't been forgotten, someone was working on it just this week.

I am not sure where that work is in terms of completion into a build but no, it has not been forgotten.

Matt.

• Like Like x 16
  17. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to clean the Suggestions-forum up? Right now, it has over 4.800 discussions, while for example the whole TS2021 Forum has got somewhat about 4.900 to 5.000 discussions, and even that forum has subforums for loco-suggestions and route-suggestions. Maybe that would give the TSW suggestions-forum a little more trustworthiness...

• Like Like x 2
  18. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think comparing 2 different titles to each other in terms of conversation on a forum is abit silly, especially when you’re comparing the suggestions for routes and trains when one title has a plethora of routes and the other not so much.

The more popular suggestions will spark more conversation, leading to low effort or less popular suggestions falling to the bottom.

Im sure DTG take note either way, as they’ve told us before and even been through a list of the popularity of suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Would that also make the GWE 166 Livery Designer compatible too, or is that a completely different loco model?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Looks like it's now going to be a timetable fix release as well, so the big question is, will it be free DLC or paid for DLC? Especially with it releasing SO close to the add-on it's being developed for.

• Like Like x 2
  21. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Why is there no new route in production?

22. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think the words ‘free’ and ‘DLC’ being in the same sentence keeps someone at DTG up at night.

They did confirm the 465 was planned to be a supporting DLC, however they did not intend for the 2 releases as close together as they are.

Still, will be interesting to see what comes with the pack, although at 30 minute services with 20 mile journeys I think we may only be getting a substitute for the 375.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I've not yet seen a full SEHS route map in the wild, so I've not seen if they've got any rails after Gravesend heading towards Dartford (Northfleet, Swanscombe, Greenhithe, Stone Crossing) which would make a perfect 375/465 commuter run, I know the AI services heading that way are in there, but would at least give a reason to add the 465.

Edit 1 - Just seen no rails after Gravesend towards Dartford in the reveal stream.

Edit 2 - I'm going to say the 465 will be driveable between Gravesend and Faversham (as the 465 would go to Dover Priory back in the day)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

You could probably snap a picture of the route map from the beginning of last weeks steam, the only additional lines I could see on it was the ones that go into the lower Ebbsfleet platforms, which I imagine they needed for the AI 395 runs, even Hoo Yard didn’t appear on the map, so it’s unlikely that we will get any additional services from the 465 unfortunately, but until they confirm as much I’ll stay hopeful.

• Like Like x 2
  25. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

It seems like production of the Class 465 hasn't taken that long as the first roadmap where it was in production was 24 November so like two months later and it has arrived in upcoming. Compare that to the Class 313 which now one of the oldest dlc to move up from in planning to in production as it moved up in the 29 September roadmap and still sits there today. Also the two codes are GCC-L7 01 for the Class 313 and GCC-L7 02 for Class 465 which suggests at one point the 313 was planned to come first.

Another thing is when Southeastern High Speed is released everything that was in production in the first roadmap will have come out.

• Like Like x 1
  26. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It’s possible that the 313 encountered issues, Matt mentioned about a week ago on his personal stream that there was still no usable model, I can imagine it must be pretty tough to get their hands on 313 reference right now, they aren’t the most common train even under normal circumstances.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

From what they said on the stream, they said they weren’t planning to release the 465 & SEHS so close together, but looks like the development and release of SEHS kept slipping back.

28. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yes, so you've got to ask yourselves the following in my opinion, "Will it be merged in to the DLC next week?!", as I'm pretty sure I heard Adam say it was completed on stream (not legally binding or 100% accurate).

• Like Like x 1
  29. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

I didnt know that so thanks for that knowledge so it seems that they must have had some issues and could still be a while before it comes out. I would also guess that Southeastern had some issues during its development as its been on the roadmap from the start and LGV went into production later and released first. But thats the thing about development problems arise and plans change.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

In the word's of Sam:

"Just because something appears on the Roadmap later than something else, doesn't mean it wasn't being worked on before it got added"

• Like Like x 3
  31. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

On the roadmap for upcoming it says currently in testing and refinement meaning it is basically complete.

32. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

seems that given the way they mentioned the fact that the 465 wasn’t supposed to be released so soon after SEHS, either the 465 took less time than they thought or the route took longer.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

We've seen stuff go from upcoming to released before the next planned road map, so if testing goes well this week, it could make next week in theory.

34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

"Upcoming" basically means things which are ready to release, but the release date has yet to be decided. Sometimes when it is decided, the decision is "tomorrow." Other times, it's a lot longer. Actual update releases are largely a function of whether a particular route has collected enough upgrade logs to make a raft.

35. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, not really, right now, there is a London to Brighton thread and ten minutes later a Brighton to London thread was opened. OK, as Matt has said in the years end q&a, that he would prefer London to Brighton, there is a hype for that route, But by flooding the suggestions-thread with Brighton to London or London to Brighton, perplex are tempted to hit the "mark all discussions read"-button, and maybe miss a suggestion, they really want to have. So, by flooding the forum with one single type proposial, you can manipulate every outcome of the suggestions-thread.

• Like Like x 1
  36. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

My guess would be 11th or 18th February. As we have never seen two dlc releases on the same day but we have also not seen a loco dlc release so soon after a route release so anything could happen.

37. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm quite optimistic that SEHS is actually going to be quite good after the feedback, and a little bit of post production development.

• Like Like x 1
  38. goop#5830

goop#5830 Member

Especially with the new coal car that came with the c40-8w, the end of train device is facing the wrong way.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

In Planning
    [Fix] Wagons can clip through the closed Wagon repair shop doors in the Class 20 scenario Chopper and Change

I'd just like to remind DTG that if you stop the wagons going through the doors you will need to move the scenario objective marker so that the loco can achieve the objective...
    Although a more enjoyable fix might be to model the doors open, but this would entail someone detailing the interior of the building.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Maybe there could be a SEHS bundle with the 465 for a bit extra, but not £12 extra than the normal route cost. We have bundles for some of the TSW2020 routes and locos but not recent ones.

From the signalling blog I think that at some point they waited in the development of SEHS until the LGV line had its signalling completed so they could use the system on HS1.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

There used to be a bundle that would allow you to purchase WSR, Class 52, and Class 33 together at a discounted price. However, it was removed for some reason one or two months ago without an explanation. If I recall correctly, I think that the BR Heavy Freight Pack also used to be available as a bundle with NTP but that was less lucrative since NTP was a base route. There is a precedent for doing route/locomotive bundles but not as often as I think would be beneficial. DTG has stated that DLCs for DLC are already less lucrative, so I wonder why they do not actively entice the purchase of both a route and DLC with more bundles.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

I find it unbelievable and sad that a product is released with that list of faults.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Lord Snabel

Lord Snabel New Member

Great to see more bug fixes.

44. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Did you follow the recent cyberpunk desaster? :D

• Like Like x 3
  45. tallboy7648

Like the lirr with all the sound issues with the m7. SMDH

46. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Every product has faults. Not many companies would put a publicly available list up every two weeks with advancements and retractions that can be checked over time.

• Like Like x 4
  47. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

So as long as you publish a list of faults after you have sold a product to the consumers it is ok?.

I have lot's of software on my computer, most work flawlessly. including Golf Sims and to a lesser extent Truck Simulator.

Mike

• Like Like x 3
  48. tallboy7648

I think if a product is gonna have a problem to the point to where you can't play it, they should say it prior to it being released like the lirr m7. They knew it had the audio problems and released it anyway as if they didn't care. My neighbor got a refund because he had no idea that the m7 had audio issues. That's not fair to new customers who may not have owned tsw2020 like my neighbor

49. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

How do you define the "point at which you can't play it"?

The only objective definition would be:
    If you can start a service/scenario with the LIRR M7 you should be able to finish it and get the correct score for your performance"

Everything different from what I've written above is subjective. I couldn't play the Class 377 because the brakes were too strong, was that the case for everyone?

You and your neighbor decided that the M7 was so bad you didn't want to play it. Which is fine.

I too some time ago said the 377 was unplayable and I was rightfully corrected. Yes, the M7 has some glaring audio issues which should be addressed, does that mean it's unplayable? No.

I am sure there are still some people playing LIRR and the M7 right now.

• Like Like x 3
  50. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of software.
    Nothing is bug free.

If you are unhappy with a product you can refund it, Valve can even remove the entire product or DLC from your account if you wish.

Of course some DLC are more worse then others such as LIRR and Rapid Transit but they are one of the oldest ones.

It all depends on the person, someone would just enjoy the content and it works fine for them.
    Others will find it broken if it isn't perfect in every way.

Nobody can claim it is broken for everyone or "unplayable", I did drove every train and route in the game and everything did work that I tried (in the sense of driving).
    Yes, some services are "not working fully" in the word of it can't be completed with gold medal or some just crash to black if the AI spads or just waits there making you late.
    But that is minimal.

• Like Like x 6