PlayStation Tutorial Camera Bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by allysimpson247, Dec 21, 2020.

1. allysimpson247

allysimpson247 Member

On the introductions to NTP, MSB & LIRR, when it comes to the part of the tutorial where I have to press triangle to return to driver mode, nothing happens upon pressing triangle, meaning I cannot complete these tutorials. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so how did you fix it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. gerard.armstrong

gerard.armstrong New Member

I am having this issue on GWE on PS4 and can't get past it either.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  3. geoffobarnes

geoffobarnes New Member

I’m having same issue on ps4 GWE only brought game yesterday brought addons but it won’t go past this stage

4. sypher77

sypher77 New Member

I'm also having this issue on Peninsula corridor, Long island, and Great western express tutorials. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If this is in the route introduction pressing triangle does nothing at the point it shows you. It is just information for later on when you need to switch between camera controls and driver controls while in an external camera. To return to the interior camera during the introduction you need to press the right stick and go via the menu, the same way you entered the external camera.

6. bradlongneck

bradlongneck New Member

Same issue. “Press triangle to switch between camera and driver navigation mode. Yet nothing happens. I can’t even get out of the passenger seat.

7. sypher77

sypher77 New Member

Yeah I've tried going back to internal view to try and get around this, and it doesn't progress the tutorial at all, I'm basically just on a train ride forever.

8. gerard.armstrong

gerard.armstrong New Member

The issue is the message to press the triangle button to switch views never goes away and the tutorial train journey just continues forever until you quit. Using R3 to switch back inside works fine but it doesn't clear the message to push the triangle button and the tutorial never finishes and therefore can't be completed.

9. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

10. arjan.dik

arjan.dik Guest

This is a new issue, I think this bug slipped in and is unique to passenger intro's of preserved collection. I did Peninsula corridor and LIRR just fine and encountered it on NTP.

11. larkychem#6805

larkychem#6805 New Member

Yes, I can confirm I’m having the same issue with the Peninsula line San Francisco on PS4. Stuck in the tutorial with no way to proceed.

12. paulb_99

paulb_99 New Member

Same here, really annoying. Even tried reinstalling the game and dlc, but to no avail.

13. Jerrymouse79 79

Jerrymouse79 79 New Member

I’m glad it’s not just me then. Anyone know when we might see this fixed? I can’t see anything on the roadmap.

14. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Adam said the team have definitely been working on a fix for this issue. When Southeastern Highspeed releases, it may be one of the bugfixes applied in the core game update.

Check the Q&A video at 21:10.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I hope it is fixed as I tried the Journey on MSB last night and there is no way to complete the intro.

16. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Is fixed on Xbox with today's update. :)

17. arjan.dik

arjan.dik Guest

Fixed for base PS4 as well.

18. who

who Member

Then I'm afraid it's back now (base PS4), or it wasn't solved everywhere. I'm stuck doing the introduction to Main-Spessart Bahn, it wants me to "Return back to Camera Navigation Mode" but no matter what button I press, the message never clears.

19. smiechu

smiechu New Member

Same, but I changed immersion to classic controls for this introduction and it works for me

20. mallypuff

mallypuff New Member

Has this issue been fixed on the ps4 as now I am having the issue with Peninsula Corridor

21. mallypuff

mallypuff New Member

Can i ask how you changed to classic controls for some reason it wont let me but maybe something i am doing and may fix my issue

22. smiechu

smiechu New Member

Try change settings before loading route

• Like Like x 1
  23. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

Peninsula Corridor (PS4 + controller) is one of the routes from TSW1 there are several others, these were all controlled using the classic control scheme. When TSW2 was introduced the controls changed to the immersion controls. The main issue is when trying to complete some of the introduction tutorials and you're in the immersion control scheme when told to press triangle button to switch camera you get stuck and cannot complete. You cannot switch the control scheme while in the tutorial you have to switch before you start. So before you start one of these tutorials use R1 until you get to game settings then R2 to get to controls setting, press X because for me it doesn't tell you at first what scheme you're using. Left and right on D-PAD I think switches between the 2 types just press the option key to apply the classic scheme. You should be able to complete the tutorials now that were designed with the classic controls, obviously switch back to immersion for newer routes. I did find sometimes pressing triangle button or R3 you get the option to switch to exterior or interior there's a delay but I think you have to use L3 and R3 to move the camera around and explore up down left and right and eventually got to finish the tutorial. This bugged me for ages, as I had several route tutorials that I could never finish but they are now complete. I hope you find this helpful.

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 15.03.58.png Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 15.04.14.png

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022