Problème De Calibrage Du Raildriver Pour La Br 395 Sur La Southeastern !!! [ Résolu ]

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tof70110, Mar 12, 2021.

1. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Bjr à tous, perso j'ai un souci avec le calibrage de mon RailDriver avec la classe BR 395 avec le levier accélérateur / frein dynamique que je n'arrive pas à régler correctement car quand je veux freiner dés que je pousse le levier vers le freinage j'arrive directement sur 10 ce qui me met en freinage de sécurité, donc si quelqu'un aurait une solution à mon problème afin de mieux le regler mon freinage, je dois mal faire quelque chose lors du calibrage car je n'ai pas vu de post ayant comme sujet le même que moi ) donc je suis à votre écoute et encore merci d'avance !!!
    Cordialement, tof ;)
    PS Désolé si mon message ne se trouve pas au bon endroit !!!

2. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Bjr everyone, I personally have a problem with the calibration of my RailDriver with the BR 395 class with the accelerator / dynamic brake lever that I cannot adjust correctly because when I want to brake as soon as I push the lever towards the braking I arrive directly on 10 which puts me in safety braking, so if someone would have a solution to my problem in order to better adjust my braking, I must do something wrong during the calibration because I have not seen post having as subject the same as me) so I am listening to you and thank you again in advance !!!
    Regards, tof;)
    PS Sorry if my message is not in the right place !!!

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Please write everything in English on this forum.
    With a British developer and a very international audience, more people can understand your problems when you write in English.
    Please note the forum rules for further usage: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-forum-rules.23560/

• Like Like x 3
  4. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

5. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

tof70110 that sounds like a problem I have experienced. I think you have mis calibrated the Raildriver throttle. When you calibrate there are four positions to calibrate and accept. It goes extreme bottom of travel, top of power travel, then extreme top position then you come back to the dynamic brake setup position. This is not intuitive and I think you've done bottom of power, top of power, dynamic setup then top of dynamic. To try and help I have made a video tutorial for this showing what I mean. Please give it a watch.

Je pense que vous avez mal calibré l'accélérateur Raildriver. Lors du calibrage, il y a quatre positions à calibrer et à accepter. Il va extrême bas de course, haut de course de puissance, puis position extrême supérieure puis vous revenez à la position de réglage dynamique du frein. Ce n'est pas intuitif et je pense que vous avez fait bas de puissance, haut de puissance, configuration dynamique puis haut de dynamique. Pour essayer d'aider, j'ai fait un didacticiel vidéo pour cela montrant ce que je veux dire. Veuillez lui donner une montre.

Raildriver Calibration Tutorial

Paul
    Jeannot41 thanks for the translation
    Jo_Kim there are many foreign language players, I for example speak Australian, fortunately English people seem to be able to understand me. Google Translate is very helpful here :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Hello everyone, First of all, a big thank you to [paul.pavlinovich] for his explanatory tutorial that unfortunately I have not yet tested (because I read his post from my mobile) but just by viewing the clip I see that the calibration made by [paul.pavlinovich] has nothing to do with where I actually calibrated my RailDrivers so I keep you all informed as soon as possible and again a big thank you to Paul
    Tof

• Like Like x 3
  7. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

You don't need Raildrivers software as the calibration is done in TSW's settings.

• Like Like x 1
  8. paul.pavlinovich

Ah, perhaps you calibrated your Raildriver using some of the RD software for another simulator. Its very important to calibrate in the game environment you're playing because each has its own settings Tof1998_2 hopefully we've been able to help you.

9. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Merci encore @ paul.pavlinovic.
    Le problème était là où tu l'as vu et après avoir suivi ton tutoriel et bien du bonheur, merci aussi aux autres membres pour leurs conseils
    Cordialement, tof :D:D;):cool:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  10. paul.pavlinovich

tof70110 C'est une nouvelle absolument fantastique, je suis heureux que cela fonctionne pour vous maintenant :).

That is absolutely fantastic news, I am glad it is working for you now :).

Paul

11. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Good morning all,
    Concerning this problem of calibration for the control: acceleration / braking; on the same controller this is not the first time that I read this info on different sites without ever having been confronted with it and for this the use of the RailDriver is only properly supported in the railway simulation from DTG have proposed a fully functional driver, although still in beta version this driver seems not to have taken into account this problem which is however well known to developers, so let's hope that when the driver is "signed", that we will have a RailDriver working as it does. must, because since the time that all fans of railway simulation and having this controller have been waiting!
    Anyway we have never been so ready to have a controller for Train Sim World 2 and TS2021 (for TS2xxx, several systems designed 100% by members of the community and fans of these simulations, a great well done to them and thank you again to them for this job)
    So we just have to wait for the final version to see, but the fact of having already started developing for an already well-supplied list, RailDriver had never been so ready to have a fully configurable game for him then I cross my fingers and think about it very hard ;):cool:

12. paul.pavlinovich

This is the same in all train sims I play and is more of a design flaw with the Raildriver than the games. The pots that they use float so the values change. What you use to calibrate might be very close to what it really reads. It is true that speaking from my embedded development experience it would be relatively easy to deal with this DTG would be the first. That said I really hope they do it!

It is also important to periodically calibrate your Raildriver as the mechanism is a bit sloppy and will drift with seasonal temperature changes.

Paul

13. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Bjr @ paul.pavlinovich and all the other members, thank you for the feedback that you had the opportunity to meet during your various tests [materials and softs] and allows me to better understand because indeed I had come from there to the fact that the problem could come from RailDriver itself and reading you I realize that other people have thought about it too, so as you say so well paul the ball is now in DTG's court so will hope that he keeps his promise made from the start on their roadmap so all that remains is to wait and hope that it will not be as long as having been able to play TSW and TSW2 with the RailDriver controller (and thanks to the work of members of the community to be able to play TS2021 but a little more complicated) nevertheless it shows that nothing beats the creation of a new game to integrate natively the possibility for developers to be able to better integrate various commands for command peripherals and other s !!! The next years to come (5 to 10 years) should give us plenty of eyesight so prepare your instructions and traffic plan and have a good trip !!!
    Regards, tof

• Like Like x 1
  14. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

That was also my experience with the Raildriver, the potentiometers were sloppy and needed constant recalibration. Definitely not of a quality one would expect of a device at this price point. Caveat emptor! I really wish a reputed maker such a Thrustmaster would bring out a better made train controller!

• Like Like x 1
  15. paul.pavlinovich

I have occasionally contemplated opening mine up and putting in better hardware but I never seem to get quite that excited. The other way to do it would be to put trimpots that are externally accessible so you can adjust the main pot on the fly.

Paul