Tsw: Northeast Corridor New York Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Steve, Mar 29, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

As we're about to close down for the Easter Break, we wanted to provide you with an update on where we are currently with the Northeast Corridor New York Update.

We have been very busy working through a number of the issues as raised by you. The first build of this update has just completed testing and there are one or two things that have come to light that still need some more work to complete. We hope to release this update within the next week but will confirm the final plan on Tuesday, 3rd April, as well as give you an update on where we are with the freight services that were held back from the initial release.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued patience and all the feedback you’ve been sending us, please do keep it coming! Have a restful and enjoyable Easter, and look forward to catching up with you all on Tuesday.

-------

UPDATE: 3rd April

As promised, we wanted to update this post to advise what our plans are with regard to the Northeast Corridor New York Update, and the missing Freight Services that were held back from the initial release:

We are looking to release the update tomorrow afternoon (UK time).

The missing freight services are currently being finalised and a new build being assembled - this will complete on Thursday 5th, and will be submitted for testing over the weekend. We are then hopeful to release this as an update next week (all being well).

UPDATE: 4th April

The update has now gone live, you can find the patch notes in our Dovetail Live Article

UPDATE: 17th April

Just to keep you up-to-speed on where we are currently: We're targeting Thursday this week for the next update for NEC New York, which will contain the Freight Services mentioned above. A new build is currently in testing and is expected to complete soon. I'll have another update for you once I know more.

UPDATE: 19th April

So I've just been told that everything is looking good for today's update which will add in the Freight Services with only some final testing to complete on the localisation. I'll be back with another update a little later today with the Patch Notes once this update goes out to you.

EDIT: The update has now gone live, you can find more information about this update by clicking this link.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 24
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the update to being released soon, I am hoping that this will fix the scenario the New York Switcher where there is no tasks of what to do. Along with other issues that others have noticed and brought up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

That is what we want to hear :) Just some information, thx for this Steve.

• Like Like x 4
  4. darkage

darkage Member

It was actually said that the scenario in Heavy Haul of 60 minutes to do whatever you want had so much success(it's very popular), they made another scenario like that for NEC, it's just "do whetever you want for an hour"

5. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

The problem with the NEC scenario is that it is impossible to complete. By adding a simple 'Go to Location X to complete this scenario' task, people would be able to complete the scenario.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

good to hear

7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

We're looking forward, patiently I hope, to this NCNYC update. Thanks for informing us of its progress, and Happy Easter.

• Like Like x 3
  8. jENKS

jENKS New Member

Did Jay get fired?

9. Daniel Bloch

Update in the first post!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Was waiting for this. Thanks for the heads up!

11. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Will this bring any other benefits to TSW or is this update purely just for people that have the North East Corridor route?

12. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Unfortunately, just on Holiday. Not getting rid of me that easily ;)

- Jay

• Like Like x 6
  13. Daniel Bloch

The GP40 rear ditch light are still not fixed...they are not black like before but somehow they look strange.

Screenshots compared to the GP38:

GP38:
    [​IMG]

GP40:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  14. Nuts

Nuts Member

Maybe on their 5th try to fix a simple texture/alpha issue they'll get it right. :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daniel Bloch

Nuts: I doubt it.

16. NR1

NR1 New Member

Hi Steve/Jay, the update download size on Steam is just shy of 600MB. I've 'only' 10GB free on my C:, TS 2018 takes up around 90GB currently, TSW around 100. TSW won't update saying not enough disk space! I'm now stuck, unable to update from a 600MB file despite 10GB available, seems ludicrous really. Why are these incremental updates so space hungry just to complete the update process?

17. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

As a quick workaround, try a "verify integrity of game files" in the games options menu -> local files. Maybe that way it does not need that amount of free space.
    Also you can do a cleanup on your disk, you find that in right click -> properties. May give you multiple GB storage space back.

18. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

This happens because Steam basically redownloads all parts of the game that were updated, and with a UE4 game that usually means redownloading almost the entire game. The update may only be 600 MB, but in reality Steam will download much more than that, then discard the files that are already up to date. (The 600 MB being the files that are new.) That means you need plenty of extra hard drive space - 10GB is not enough by any means - to store a temporary version of the game while the new files install. Just the way things have to work.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Tahnks for the updat and especially for the info on the freight services! Looking forward to it.

20. NR1

NR1 New Member

Problem solved. Simply uninstalled and reinstalled all of TSW. 11GB or so to download it all, took under 10mins. Now up to date and I've around 40GB free on C: too! Saves me having to splash out on a larger capacity C: SSD, or faffing around transferring all my Steam stuff (especially TS2018 with 3rd party add-ons) to D: .

21. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

You could, in theory, make a “Steam Library” on your D drive, and tell Steam to move big games over to the D drive while keeping smaller games on the C drive. That’s what I have done.

22. Daniel Bloch

No update? What is the status of the freight services? Will they be released this week?

23. londonmidland

Nothing from the devs for a few days now and the last record update on Steam was 5 days ago so it’s all gone quiet again.

24. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Alas!
    It's scary, anyway!

25. Daniel Bloch

26. Nuts

Nuts Member

The worst part of it all is that DTG doesnt even respond to these posts or concerns. They seem to be okay with being terrible.

• Like Like x 2
  27. NR1

NR1 New Member

Thanks, didn't even realise that option was available in Steam . Just moved some games over. Excellent.

28. Meak227

Meak227 New Member

any new info the status of freight services after the may 5th testing?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Daniel Bloch

Jay gave some info on steam:

DTG_James [Entwickler] Vor 6 Stunden
    Just got word that freight services are in QA and on track to release soon. Can't give a firm answer on exactly when they'll drop but they are close!

- Jay

• Like Like x 3
  30. Nuts

Nuts Member

DTG must have a different meaning for QA testing. Maybe "Quality Ambiguity?" Ensuring there's at least one bug or unfinished aspect to each DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  31. londonmidland

I hope alongside the release of the freight services we see bug fixes and optimisation for other routes and trains too.

32. Daniel Bloch

"The missing freight services are currently being finalised and a new build being assembled - this will complete on Thursday 5th, and will be submitted for testing over the weekend. We are then hopeful to release this as an update next week (all being well)."

Looks like not all being well? Any news on this? Allmost 1 month now since release and still no freight services.

Will there be any compensation or gift to all of us customers who bought this half done DLC a month ago and are still waiting for finishing it? Like a scenario pack, or something else? I would love to see a little AC4400 scenario on the NEC route.
    Well i gues this is just a crazy idea from a dumb customer.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  33. Meak227

Meak227 New Member

fantastic just as i'm waiting to hear news on the freight services my TSW won't launch...instead i get a ue4-ts2 prototype error...i've already searched the forums and tried all the supposed fixes to no avail....day 2 of searching for a fix... i've already submitted a ticket

34. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

reinstall the operating system, this is a Windows kernel update error

35. Daniel Bloch

Still No answer from DTG in here? Come on, what is going on with the freight services? Do you want to loose the last of your customers too?
    Trainsim-Steve looked today allready into this forums, but no answers? Come on guys...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  36. londonmidland

No activity on any of the social media platforms including on the Steam forums and on here for at least a few days now.

This doesn’t look good...

37. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

They were at EGX Rezzed.

38. Daniel Bloch

TrainSim-Steve : How long do you want to ignore the people here in this forum? I see you where now several times today in this forum online and still no statement to the freight services?
    What is going on with you guys, you really want to loose your customers?
    Why don't you tell us what the status of the freight services is?

ITS NOW 1 MONTH SINCE RELEASE AND WE STILL DONT GET A F***G INFORMATION WHEN WE WILL HAVE THE MISSING FREIGHT SERVICES!!!

Really sad is that the steam refund time of this preordered DLC is over since two weeks. If i had known this before I would had refund this half done DLC... I am bored of your excuses or "DTG-silence" now :mad:

• Like Like x 4
  39. thealexxc

thealexxc New Member

olala a development is it takes time me all I see on this forum these gent who complain all the time it's annoying we can not work quickly and well it's not possible

• Like Like x 1
  40. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Daniel Bloch If I remember correctly, 2 weeks is "no questions asked" refund period, if you really want to refund it you can try to explain situation in your refund request, there are precedents.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I understand Daniel's frustration. The lack of updates is poor in terms of customer service. It's important to keep customers in the loop about what's happening, it doesn't matter if it's software updates or train delays on the real railway.

I bought the NEC addon unaware that there were going to be missing freight services. There's no mention of the services being missing on the Steam Store page or in the manual, in fact it says "Experience a full ‘day-in-the-life’ in Service Mode, which features the recreation of an entire 24-hour timetable based on real-world activities," which implies to me that freight will be included as freight is timetabled across the route in the real-world. It's also a reasonable assumption to make given freight services were included in the GWE addon.

To quote The Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008

"(2)
    Advertising is misleading which—
    (a) in any way, including its presentation, deceives or is likely to deceive the traders to whom
    it is addressed or whom it reaches; and by reason of its deceptive nature, is likely to affect
    their economic behaviour; or.."

There is no mention that the freight services will be missing, and all services have been included in previous DLC such as GWE, therefore there is a reasonable expectation to "the traders to whom it is addressed" that a reasonable representation of the real-world services will be included. There is no suggestion from DTG on the Steam Store page that there is content missing which will be supplied at a later date. The omission of this information would undoubtedly effect the economic behaviour of DTG's customers, as can been seen by the comments in this thread and reviews on the Steam Store page.

I really wish DTG would up their game. They own the two most popular Train Simulator games and have such a great opportunity to develop the hobby, support the community and bring Train Simming to a wider audience. I just wish they'd take a little more pride and care in shipping their products. I appreciate nobody is perfect, and having developed software myself, I also understand that when shipping products to users with 101 different computer configurations, there are bound to be some issues. Missing content on release, as well as bugs common to the majority, if not all users, remaining long after the product as been released, are unfair on the customers and often possible to correct before release, especially if a little more care is taken.

Sorry that this has turned into a bit of an essay, but I love Train Simming and I really want to see the hobby flourish and succeed, and for DTG to become the best company they can be.

• Like Like x 9
  42. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

It is underatandable that there are delays in the production of these services. However, the NEC route was rushed and should have been released later once released. If the freight services are being delayed, DTG should say so. Silence is not good communication with customers. I am willing to understand delays in development, but I do not know why Dovetail thinks lack of communication will improve things.

• Like Like x 6
  43. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Its all because their budgets are outrageous, thats why they make short routes......try push out a quick project and make money, but since GWE the 2 DLC's have failed, and i think others will agree.
    Reviews on rapid transit and NEC are shocking and steam ratings are poor for them. Now thats either down to being rushed or not popular routes? As GWE on steam has positive feedback. I do hope DTG recognise this and are trying to make things right, just a tip from me if you offer more than your budget allows you will reap the rewards and positive feedback and reviews make people like myself purchase DLC.

I am not interested in routes outside the UK but i got rapid transit just to support DTG and was disapointed comparing the standards of GWE.
    I have not purchased NEC and have no plans to with the failings that have come about. And thats not a knock or a dig but fundemental problems and communication is key to a community of this type or gamers.
    You have to overspend to get bigger returns and with each DLC since GWE its gone downhill. So i hope they either spend more time/money producing future projects or choose wisely on route selections. Steam says it all with the reviews on each one, i will wait it out for the next UK based content as clearly thats what your best at, stick to what you know for now guys and best of luck correcting current issues.

• Like Like x 6
  44. londonmidland

I’ve said this before but DTG really need to try and get that editor released ASAP to let third party editors produce trains and routes.

It’s obvious that they are on a budget and time limit to release DLC and ever since GWE it’s been going downhill. So it’s a wash and repeat process - rush out half baked DLC, release a few patches/bug fixes months later and then out comes the next uncooked DLC.

The only thing that will save this game is that if another (bigger) company takes over or allow others to help you produce the content.

• Like Like x 8
  45. Daniel Bloch

TrainSim-Steve was last seen:57 minutes ago

TrainSim-Steve : still keeping silent? Why are you only reading here the last days and don't answer?

Yeah just ignore your customers, we will do the same with the your next DLC.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  46. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

I'm quite sure they have a social media policy, so until he has clearance to say something, he won't

47. Daniel Bloch

JackRyan : the DTG policy is this: if you have bad news don't say anything, like saying nothing there will be the freight services missing in the DLC.

The silence here mean we won't see the freight services this week released.
    Looks like the testing of it went very bad. Maybe next week, five (5!!!) weeks after release? But I doubt that too

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Tuturu~

• Like Like x 1
  49. londonmidland

Under the sound settings in TWS, what does Window Audio Focus mean and do?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

If TSW's window loses focus (you change to another one or minimize it) game audio will be disabled or not depending on this option.