Wheel Roll Effect Corrupted With Post Process

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Guerra, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Guerra

Guerra Member

When i use any post process effect other than "low", train wheels look glithchy
    but i don't want to use low setting because game looks bad. how can i resolve this problem?

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2018-04-03 22-57-13-75.jpg

2. Nuts

Nuts Member

It was said during a live stream that this problem "is intended behavior".

The only way to fix it is to disable post processing.

It apparently wont ever be fixed because it's not seen as a bug by the dev team.

3. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  4. Guerra

Guerra Member

intended behavior? it doesn't look like motion blur, it looks like patched pixels over on each other. it looks like these parts are censored

this is so bad because there is much difference between this option is off and on

5. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Okay, first of all this is not intended behaviour at all. Motion blur is a feature of the Unreal 4 engine, as Shukal said, and has the unfortunate side effect of making the wheels look awful. As Shukal also pointed out, this is not unique to TSW; it happens in Fernbus as well. So this is an engine level bug rather than a TSW specific bug.

This is also the reason it hasn't been fixed yet. DTG added the option to switch motion blur off completely as an interim solution as they'll probably have to wait for the developers of UE4 to fix it on their end.

6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Sorry, but your "problem" reminds me of an old joke: Patient: "It hurts when I do this!" Doctor: "Well, don't do that."
    More seriously, I'm just curious about why you are focusing on the trucks. Shouldn't you be driving the train?

7. Guerra

Guerra Member

Because the trip is long and i sometimes get bored and want to look its amazing graphics, almost real. I think it would be shame if don't do this. Beside driving , I also like to watch trains. And i always like good graphics on every sim i play.

If it is the case, why did they bother by doing exteriors? new game engine? Stunning graphics?
    they just could have made the interiors :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. darkage

darkage Member

That makes no sense at all tbh

9. Guerra

Guerra Member

so if there is a bug in game, i should not look at it. and that makes sense?

10. darkage

darkage Member

In makes no sense that you said to make model the exterior (although I've been told you were being sarcastic, which I didn't seem to recognise as many people just like to complain nowadays and srarts getting hard to differentiate).

Also you have given given solutions which you downvoted just for the sake of downvoting

11. Guerra

Guerra Member

doing some more tests.
    with the option "pp is off", there is another weird graphical glitch. Just check the pics

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

12. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

That is caused by temporal anti aliasing. Change that setting from TAA to FXAA if you don't want the funky "ghosting" effect.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Guerra

Guerra Member

thanks i will try it asap

14. Guerra

Guerra Member

fxaa doesn't cause ghosting effect yeah.
    but it looks very shimmering and aliased. can we increase this option by using nvidia cp?

15. KMAC

KMAC New Member

WAIT!!!! you mean we are meant to drive these things, I thought it was a scenery screenshot simulator.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. hightower

hightower Guest

I have a solution that works for me...others might hate it but I think it looks good. In fact, I would say better than it did originally, mainly because it’s not bugged. This solution also gets rid of the weird blurred cab you got in the Shed when turning your head. You got the same effect in North Eastern Corridor too.

The caveat to this is that I quite like the motion blur as it think it helps with the sense of speed. If you don’t like it then simply turn it off permanently, by entering the following in Documents/My Games/TS2Prototype/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/Engine.ini

[/script/Engine.renderersettings]
    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False

Having turned off motion blur using the method above, I then used ReShade (https://reshade.me/) which is something I use for TS2018. This allows you to add a number of post-processing effects for virtually no FPS hit. One of the effects is called MotionBlur, turn that on and the game looks exactly as it did previously, you get better FPS and you get rid of the messed up wheels and blurred cab textures.

Win win.

The same effect also makes TS2018 look way better as you can turn down the in game AA and boost your framerate pretty significantly. My AA is currently set to FXAA + 8 x MSAA with reshade MotionBlur on.

Trust me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Interesting.

18. hightower

hightower Guest

It works, genuinely!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anthony Pecoraro

I think I will give that a try!

20. hightower

hightower Guest

Let me know if you have any issue getting it to work correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Anthony Pecoraro

I will. I won’t be at my good pc for a while. I’ll keep that in mind though.

• Like Like x 1
  22. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just want to make sure whether I've understood you correctly: by "doing some more tests" you mean that instead of operating or riding trains, you prefer searching for glitches? Sanctus bos! This could open up an entire new sales campaign for DTG -- oh, wait, I temporarily forgot that the market already exists, as prominently displayed continually in these forums. Pardon me, but bought a train simulator and prefer using it as such while ignoring hunting for prizes, points, or perceived faults.

• Like Like x 4
  23. KMAC

KMAC New Member

You're bonkers LT, why the hell would you be trying to drive trains in a train simulator when there are texture glitches to be found.. you're mad I tell you ;)

put this in your game.ini r.stopdrivingthebloodytrains = 1

Last edited: May 14, 2018