Train Sim World 2 - Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 15, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Read the article here.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 27
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Won’t be getting this at launch but I may well be tempted by this later on . Good job so far dtg !

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Abgesehen von, looks muah muah

5. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

Wrong dostos, but then, what did I expect. This is DTG we are talking about here they reuse absolutely anything they can, even if it Breaks emersion. In fact most German routes require high entry Dostos anyway: HRR, SKA, RRO & HBK (Hamburg Lubeck),
    Low entry: MSB, RT and I could not find any Dostos on HMA & RSN.

• Like Like x 13
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

a wardrobe with foliage could slowly get a bit freshened up - right

7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

We already know these pictures. So far, I believe we will get new Dosto wagons. Nothing new yet.

8. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I have to say, Hamburg Hbf looks pretty good

• Like Like x 4
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Looks good! Just a question, are we going to be able to use the 112 and 182 on older german routes?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Are you saying that we'll get the High-Entry Dostos? I like you optimism but I really really don't see it happening. DTG obciously don't care about incorrect Wagons, Cab Car for 101 for example. They saw an opportunity to save time and work and took it. At least that what it looks like to me, because they know that those coaches are wrong, they gave us the right ones for TS1 HBL after all.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Task

Task Well-Known Member

It looks really good but the wrong coaches with the old bugs (lighting through the roof) are a real bummer for me :(

• Like Like x 10
  12. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Hope dies last. So far, there has been no statement or live broadcast.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

No, but with DTG I've come to expect the worst, unless the specifically say otherwise. And they haven't said "Dostos will be replaced with correct ones instead of reused wrong ones". So I don't see it happening. I do hope you're right though, that might actually make me want to buy it. Having the wrong Dostos ruined HBL for me.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Hope that next article or preview stream show more details to know if it is worth to buy at launch or wait longer ....
    • passenger services map (like RRO)[​IMG]
    • frieght wagons - just reused (Habbiins 344, Zacns) was shown
    • freight operations - just A-B/B-A deliveries or even more ??? (jobs for 363/204 please...)
    • interaction with current DB collection - substitutions, extra timetable layers

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

The article has hardly any content. Shouldn't more information be packed into a product presentation?

• Like Like x 4
  16. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

This DLC sure does offer a lot of recycled content for the price they will be asking. Definitely not a day one purchase for me, but then it's not surprising as it's my policy with all DTG stuff starting from when I bought RT on launch a few years ago... I tried again with Arosa, but that bit me in the *ss too :)

• Like Like x 6
  17. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

B66117A1-7E4A-4DE1-93C4-0AFF6CD11C5A.jpeg Im mad at you DTG for recycling the 143 and the Wrong Dostos and not make the 112 correct and different.
    You used a completely wrong Loco numbers for the 112.
    They have the number 112 101-190 and Not 391
    View attachment 52684

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I have no knowledge of German trains but the promo images show the 112 absolutely pristine! No weathering at all. Hopefully this is yet to be added.

• Like Like x 3
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But nice photo. This ford on the locomotive. Yummy!

20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

There some things that make the 112 and 143 unique to each other, and this is failed by DTG

• Like Like x 1
  21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I will withhold the verdict to the premiere.

22. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Brilliant work again from DTG! Reusing the Dostos from Msb in this route is just a complete joke... TSW is advertised by you saying that this is a game that has accurate trains and routes, but yet you can develop the right Dostos vagons. This is reaching a point where anyone can't take DTG serious. And don't come with "Still work in progress" we all know that is gonna be releasing in this way. Just add the right Dostos so that we can have an accurate composition, and add has the destination displays to the 112 because since MSB ( 2019) that we have destination display, so why is TSW moving backwards? I know, money and crap politics. I could say more, but i just get sick talking about you and try to make this game decent again.

• Like Like x 20
  23. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The headlights are different between the 143 and 112 and this is correct in the photos shown.

24. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better, it's so tiring giving feedback, albeit partially very negative feedback, on DTG products and them just ignoring it or coming up with some excuse. I know they have a budget they can't go over but if they can make GWE with 2 Full sets of Passenger Trains and a freight consist then they can make one new coach for HBL. Everything else is already mostly reused anyway.

I want this game to be good, I really do, but recently they just keep making bad decision after bad decision. And when you tell them it's wrong you feel like talking to a brick wall.I'm not blaming any one person for this, it's the company as a whole that get's really frustrating.

• Like Like x 15
  26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It looks great. I wonder what other trains (from other DLCs) we will see here as layers.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

And that says exactly what I said the lights are different, and that is modelled in the photos. The other differences mentioned you wouldn't know until you saw the controls in the cab and drove the loco. From the pictures you can't see the pantograph very well either.

28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t know why DTG thinks doing half a job is acceptable. They really are pushing loyalty to the test. If you’re going to do something, do it right first time. What do they expect players to say otherwise?

• Like Like x 16
  29. Mighy

Mighy Member

In my opinion, when reusing the MSB Dostos, it would have been a great opportunity to rework the destination boards on them (and also the BR 143 during fitting the BR 112). I am afraid, that the "Nicht Einsteigen" sign will not be fixed at release even if the pictures are marked as "in developement". Same for the blue roof light issue. That would have had relativized partly the absence of the high entry Dosto variant...

• Like Like x 4
  30. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

To all people complaining about the wrong Dostos. Google the phrase “Work In Progress” then wait until the finished product is shown before complaining.

I think by now, DTG have got the message and if, after all this, they still use the wrong trains in the release build, then any criticism will then be justified and, no doubt, expected.

31. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Yeah, because that worked out well in the past.

If DTG are ready to show us screenshots of their route then they are not going to replace any of the rolling stock. If they were still working on it and were planning to replace them, they would've told us. Waiting until release before criticizing just makes it even less likely that something will be done. They don't have to worry about a release product as much as they have to worry about something that is still on the marketing tray.
    And making such a big noise about it also makes more people aware of it and why it's such a big issue, which in my eyes is a good thing when something like this happens.

• Like Like x 23
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The criticism is justified here, but it is not a big issue in my opinion. Zero impact on gameplay.

• Like Like x 2
  33. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Can anyone who knows this route tell me if they run S-Bahn on it? It's a pity we can't use any of the EMUs we already have BR 422-423-425.
    If they haven't included it I imagine these services won't be there but I'd like to know.

• Like Like x 2
  34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  35. breblimator

breblimator Guest

link 1
    link 2

I expect an add-on for a commuter train, as in the case of SEHS.
    PS With the possibility of substitution with already owned EMUs. Theory.

• Like Like x 1
  36. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

Yes, but only between Hauptbanhof and Hesslebrook, They use 3rd rail powered trains, so there won't be any services here on release. Also, being that the S-Bahn follows the main route for just 3 stops (including hbf) then I highly doubt that a dlc of the units would be made.

• Like Like x 3
  37. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

You must be new here because that literally means nothing. NOTHING will change in terms of rolling stock. What you see is what you get.

• Like Like x 17
  38. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

This is funny.
    To translate this for non-german speakers, it basically says:
    -The lights are different
    -different bogies, visually almost the same, BR 112 can go 160 Km/h and has better braking systems
    -112 has optimized pantographs to withstand higher speeds
    -cabs almost the same, traction motor control is the same, braking systems are the same, on BR 112 there is a brake lever instead of a driver's brake valve.
    -112 has stronger traction motors and a better gear ratio
    -is fitted with LZB by default

so basically the only thing that one could visually distinguish from the 143 are the lights, yet you yell they got the 112 absolutely wrong. What is all this nonsense...

• Like Like x 4
  39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Dostos in the screenshots will be the ones included. At this late stage, the correct ones would have been ready. I’m pretty certain about that.

• Like Like x 6
  40. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  41. mclitke

Oh don't worry, some people need to get their illusions shattered in order to see clearly ;)
    I was in their shoes at one point as well...

• Like Like x 1
  42. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Let's forget about the wagons for a moment. There will be no S-Bahn. OKAY. And I'm so happy - no matter.
    Question: what is super special about HHL? PS What is this DLC about then?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  43. mclitke

I guess that it is a route closed within itself, so that you can go to Lübeck, switch cabs and turn back. Do we have something like that for Germany in TSW2?
    Maybe to an extent - There are services between Hagen and Wuppertal, but many of them go beyond. Then again, I believe I saw there are services on HHB that "could" go beyond Lübeck or Hamburg as well?

• Like Like x 2
  44. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

If dtg have a loco which they can paste and then edit , why shouldn’t they ? It saves them a lot of time and gets the dlc to us quicker

45. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, we will wait to see what the future holds for this route. I hope it will at least get enough traffic.
    By the way, I don't know this locomotive but it looks nicer than the 112, they could have included this one better! :)
    IMG_20210415_214628.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  46. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

You can do services back and forth in Main Spessart Bahn

• Like Like x 2
  47. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Another thread - I have not verified this info!
    ** TSG

48. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG and Maik Goltz should cooperate like he did on the DB 101.
    So it’s a Win Win Situation for everyone and we got more Traffic on Hamburg-Lübeck

• Like Like x 2
  49. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

So basically we have a the BR112 which is more or less a BR143. Then we have the recycled dostos either from MSB or RSN: I'm quite sure these dostos will inherit their bugs so no destinations, bad sounds, bugs with internal lighting and other minor things.

Not impressed.

• Like Like x 2
  50. flyingpaul

flyingpaul Member

And don't forget, the recycled Taurus (yeah, without the PIS system). So in conclusion, no new rolling stock. Nothing.
    Only postive thing of this route: All the passenger trains stay on the route.

• Like Like x 2