Wrong Dostos On Hbl

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Aran, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

So, as many of you will arleady know, the upcoming German route for TSW is Hamburg - Lübeck. We also knew that this route would not offer a lot of new content in terms of Locomotives and Rolling Stock. One of the few differences between the trains on this route and those of previous routes is the addition of new High-Entry Dostos that run on this route in reality.

However, for some unexplainable reason, we will not be getting those, instead we will just get a repackaged version of the old Low-Entry Dostos from MSB.
    The rolling stock is simply wrong and doesn't fit on this route, there is absolutely no excuse for DTG to put those in. The difference is clearly noticable so I also refuse to believe that DTG are simply not aware that they are not suitable for this route.

Here we can see the included Dostos:
    HBL_Dosto.PNG

Here you can see the correect, High-Entry Dosto:
    Hocheinstieg_Dosto.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 47
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

At least this they could've done... 112 is just a fast 143, changes there are probably comparable to those between ICE3M and ICE3, 182 just got a new livery and the destination board was removed... so you'd think the rolling stock effort would be put into new dostos... NOPE...

If we actually get a new NEC with NJT represented, I'm getting worried the bi-level cars there will be reskins of the Bombardier ones...

• Like Like x 12
  3. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

There’s no way they can possibly ship the DLC with these DoStos. In the full screenshot with the platform visible to the right, you can clearly see that the doors would be so far below it. You‘d probably bump your head if you wanted to enter the train!

• Like Like x 10
  4. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised what DTG can do, the step also isn't as big of a problem as all Dosto Cab-Cars are Low-Entry so the step would exist somewhere in the consist regardless. That doesn't change the fact that using Low-Entry Middle cars is wrong though.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

You'd think so, wouldn't you? I just assumed they'd make the correct Dostos, especially considering how much stock they reused anyway, but apparently not. This route wasn't particularly interesting from the get go and DTG not even bothering with a Passanger Wagon is just wrong. It's not even a Loco or MU, it's just a Coach. That's not to say it's no work, but surely they can find time for it to avoid fictional consists?.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If higher door Dostos are used on this route in real life, then that must mean the platforms are higher. So, either these are placeholders, the platforms won’t be the correct height or passengers would have to step down into the cab (great for passengers in wheelchairs). Something doesn’t sit right somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, there is a significant step up to the High-Entry Dostos on all DB Platform Heights. Yes, they do mainly service stations where the platforms are taller than on MSB for example, but that doesn't mean that no other trains can serve that same platform. And because DB only owns Low-Entry Cab-Cars, all consists will have at least one Low-Entry coach. So the step won't be unmanagable or unrealistic. The Platform heights should also be about right, at least nothing is stopping them to do that.

img_7271_dostoneuqemk.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

This is Peak DTG.

• Like Like x 11
  9. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

I've noticed, that there's much negative feedback of upcoming TSW2 content. But I think that it's due to time that DTG can use for making content. Maybe there's not enough time to make more than two new locos for new routes, and that's why they need to use existing stock. And same for new loco DLC. Because one loco DLC contains scenarios and layer for one route.

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well we're not the ones scheduling the releases, are we? If we pushed them to release at exactly given dates, fine... but they call the shots. So that's not an excuse.

• Like Like x 9
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Those were WIP screenshots. I notice that the platforms in the same pics were high, so those Dostos wouldn't work with them....

12. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

solicitr Dostos with low entries also work with 76 cm stations, it's just not accessible for all persons. In Berlin are also a lot stations with 76 cm stations, but the most Dostos have low entries

• Like Like x 1
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It looks like they have two door heights in Germany - too low and too high. Take your pick.

• Like Like x 16
  14. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

That's about right, but then it's kind of difficult to get the right height with a Double Deck train.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vanrandale#1329

vanrandale#1329 New Member

I just hope they bring the high level dostos

16. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

So do I, but I havent got high hopes. I'm pretty sure that they would've told us if they would still be replaced.

• Like Like x 6
  17. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That is true

18. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

It looks like this route was made by the worst dtg team - hence the problems and jambs grow)

• Like Like x 4
  19. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Oh they can! See class 101 DMU on GWE for reference! I thought it was just us old duffer BR fans they reserved the incorrect rolling stock for!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The club is growing :D

• Like Like x 3
  21. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

It is very strange how previous strategies have been forgotten, like including new stock with routes and cab cars with loco DLCs, when from the very beginning they've been saying that development will speed up over time as staff get used to the tools/as the tools are further refined. Unless this of course was not also true (like a number of things said early in the development), surely content should cost less to develop now, and as such can include more?

• Like Like x 6
  22. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I don't think so, what is there actually looks decent, which makes me think the team is decent but the decisions that were made for them i.e. what to make are just wrong and quite frankly stupid. Comparing it to SEHS, scenery already looks a lot better on HLB. No missing fences for example. And yet it will still be a letdown because of the decision to exclude the correct Dostos in favour of correct ones.

23. tallboy7648

The content should costs less to develop as things got better but I guess the devs are still not used to the tools

24. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

its in ts21. so why not tsw2?? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  25. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Good question, I wish I had an answer. The only people who do are DTG, and they're not going to tell, they never do. It'll just be some excuse along the lines of "time" or "they're not actually that different"(they are). DTG just seem like a hopeless case by now, Sam tore them in the right direction and now they've crept back into their safe space of not telling anyone anything.

• Like Like x 6
  26. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

wondered that at first as well, and was told several times that the 218 apparently has been removed from Hamburg (don't know if that is actually true). I like the looks of it and we need a diesel main line loco for Germany, so that is still one of the major drawbacks for me.

BTW. look at them dosto doors ;)

27. TomJswt

TomJswt Member

Yes it’s true. The line was electrified just around 10-15 years ago. With that the 218s were replaced by the 112s if I remember correctly. But nonetheless the 218 would be a great addition to this route as it can still be seen sometimes hauling Intercity services or REs to Fehmarn.

28. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I remember them saying this, as well as autogen helping them speed up the building process, however this just hasn’t materialised. In fact I’ve seen worse quality routes as a consequence of relying on autogen too much.

Regarding the developers learning to use the tools and getting better with it over time, DTG have such a high staff turnover, that no one is ever there long enough to show off what they’ve learnt, as they’d have already moved on to somewhere else. The cycle repeats with them recruiting junior develops, who start with the basics and then eventually move on somewhere else. It’s a rinse and repeat process.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I've seen you saying about this high turnover of staff quite a bit - do you have any evidence of it?

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

IIRC, the 218s' depot is at Lubeck.

• Like Like x 2
  31. solicitr

Clinchfield: longest route to date and arguably the best-looking; certainly the most scenery-packed.

• Like Like x 2
  32. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

U sure about that bud? Cuz DTG won’t be able to get away with it...

Bombardier cars represented in game:
    upload_2021-4-15_17-17-51.jpeg

NJT rail cars:
    upload_2021-4-15_17-19-11.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  33. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I am going to bookmark this for the day they announce NJT and there is a thread that says the cars are wrong :)

• Like Like x 6
  34. MetrolinkF125#916

There’s always gonna be that one person that’ll complain about the realism of the trains in TSW2 compared to real life, and if it’s not the trains then he’ll complain about the route:)

• Like Like x 1
  35. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I know those cars are very different, that's my point. Slowly making our way towards this ridiculous thing being possible...

• Like Like x 3
  36. MetrolinkF125#916

The sad truth of DTG

• Like Like x 3
  37. tallboy7648

If they actually reskinned the caltrain cars for nj transit cars, then there must be a problem

• Like Like x 2
  38. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct they won't work on Northeast Corridor North Jersey coast lines Morris & Essex lines because those have a Mix of High and Low Platforms. If you are looking for a Morris & Essex line that has a low platform then the next station afterwards is a high-level platform what you're looking at is Morristown line East Orange to New York Penn Station or Hoboken. NJCL Red Bank to Rahway to which Perth Amboy has a low level platform but Avenel & South Amboy Stations are high-level platforms. Regarding NJ Transit Northeast Corridor line you looking at this section Trenton to New Brunswick to which Jersey Avenue on the southbound side has a foldable platform are four trains operating here have two doors low level steps and High level Platforms. In the case of Hamburg to Lubeck High-level Dostos need to retact steps for low level platforms but have them stowed for High Level platforms

• Like Like x 1
  39. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Well, the low entry dostos were already wrong on HRR and RRO, but there they are just a layer so its okay i guess. But now theyre part of the new train (only new loco here) coming with a route, so there'd a possibility to introduce them...
    I hope they'll have at least a pis with the right Destinations.

• Like Like x 2
  40. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Its not bcs it is on TS1 that i will be in TSW2, but i agreed that we need those ones for HBL

41. icet#9638

icet#9638 New Member

DTG also should have included the high entry Dostos because they would layer nicely on HRR and SKA because high entry Dostos are the only Dostos used in the NRW area aside from the cab car.

• Like Like x 1
  42. solicitr

Almost 3 years: that has to be a zombie resurrection record!

• Like Like x 9
  43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Someone bumped the BabyBullet thread not long ago & that pushed 4 years.

Weird how the necrobumps come in clusters, yet from different people.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Better to check for existing topics first before posting, we're having way too many multiple threads on the same topic. If the issue ain't resolved, it's ok to bump it.

• Like Like x 4
  45. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, a year or so ago, someone bumped a GWE development diary thread (or something like that) from about 7 years ago. That was absolutely insane :D :o

Although to be fair, it’s quite interesting to read these threads and conversations from long before I started playing TSW and participating in the forums!

• Like Like x 2
  46. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

We need more zombie threads like these. It's fascinating to read.

47. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I go back to the first threads on the forum, quite interesting read. But overall, not much has changed, except Colonel Failure is dearly missed. :)

• Like Like x 3