PC Scenario Designer Loading Times (several Minutes)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Task, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Since the update earlier this week, the scenario has very long loading times. Especially long are the times for loading the paths when adding a new service. Adding the first service works perfectly fine, everything after that loads longer and longer. With 15-20 times I had to wait 2-3 minutes and even longer to select the starting point for the new train.

I had the same problems around December or January and the problem was fixed with the next update then. I hope this issue can get resolved again and please don't let the Scenario Designer be practically unusable until the next scheduled update but maybe do a hotfix please. I have so many cool ideas for the newly released DB BR 101.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I second this. Especially with a loco that makes us use the SD so much, it is irony that NOW it starts having problems again. Nearly everything in SD is now reacting slow, even changing departure time with 20 trains designed takes a minute. Considering the trial/error nature of making a scenario this hurts... A LOT.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Can someone send me a scenario file that demonstrates this just to help me repro it quicker?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This one was doing it for example.

Attached Files:

5. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I sent you a DM with one.

6. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Ah and something I forgot, I now already heard about this issue by at least 5 individual players (for example on the TSC Discord) so it‘s not only a problem for me or Monder.

7. loeffler.marcel

loeffler.marcel Member

Have the same problems..

8. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Oh this has reared it's ugly head again has it? They had fixed this issue, hopefully won't take too long to fix again

9. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I confirm, same worries since the last updates. The selection of start-up points become very slow as soon as one has 5-6 trains.We had had this problem a few months ago and DTG had found the solution.

10. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Just ask Sam, he commented on it in one of his Scenario Planner vids.

11. Task

Task Well-Known Member

After it was fixed in the update after we reported it, the lags and long loading times are now existing again.

• Like Like x 1