Ggd-r5 01 West Cornwall Local:penzance-truro&st Ives(update From Wiki Page)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Apr 20, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So this is rivet games next project,sound promising,might it be a longer route,not sure yet.But since they don't have a specific train line up to release yet,anybody have any idea what uses this line,and what do you think rivets might choose to include with whatever options are available for it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

It depends what era. The code on the roadmap suggests that the route is in the past... the rolling stock being implemented is still being decided.

3. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Pacers maybe if they go for late 80s or 90/91, Sprinters (Maybe) and also HSTs (easy to do really) and also 47s (again, easy, Layers.)

4. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

Yeah. You have the HST which is in GWE. The 43 power car for that has an MTU engine. The cab is wrong. A pacer is possible but a 150 would be better

• Like Like x 1
  5. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

#wewantpacerstomakeMatthappy

• Like Like x 4
  6. SHINO BAZ

Any chance of anything frieght related,or was it only ever passenger related?

7. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

If the era is 1970s, which is what I believe it will be, I imagine we will see a recycled 101 and 52. Perhaps the 47 too.

I'd love to see something else, but Rivet haven't been known for putting effort into their releases...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

GGD-R5 01

G - Great Britain
    GD - Diesel Hydraulic (both Hydrostatic and Hydrokinetic) & Diesel Electric
    R - West Cornwall Local: Penzance - Truro & St Ives
    5 - 1951 to 1990

“Cracking the code” article
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/cracking-the-code.25968/

I hope I entered it right as I never done this before. I knew about this article but never bother with figuring out what type of route it’s going to be.

9. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

looks right

10. SHINO BAZ

So there been speculation that because of the time period this route set, it might be all recycled locos,which might be the same 3 used in the gwr diesel legends add on,please tell me rivets games wouldn't do this.recycling trains sometimes make sence but two routes with the same possibly trains so close together really,plus the diesel legends pack left alot to be desired when it came to well properly working.

11. ade4472

ade4472 Member

Let’s be honest if they are true to the history then it should be pacers or 158’s. However with the track record (no pun intended) I can see them bringing in .....101’s! Now there is an opportunity to do HST (43’s) 50’s and 47’s which were the main stays of the area or could this be the start of steam simulation?

• Like Like x 1
  12. adam.fisher6912

adam.fisher6912 Member

That's not strictly true. The Arosa loco was beautifully detailed with a lot of thought and effort put into it.
    I know they have their faults but please can we not give out a kicking before anything is shown.
    If you think how DTG have improved with time then hopefully Rivet will not disappoint.
    It is too much of an iconic route for them to mess it up.....i hope !
    Will wait and see what information they give out but am really looking forward to this route.

13. SHINO BAZ

After much reflection and thought and the way the more recent routes have been it be a miracle if this route had 3 different trains to drive.

14. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I stand to be corrected but I don’t think Pacers ran on this line. Sprinters certainly did but it depends a lot on when exactly the route is set. 1951 - 1990 is a long time. Personally I am hoping for the later period especially if Rivet can do as good a job of the 158s as AP did for TS classic.

15. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Only one train in each of IOW and Arosa but this reflects the actual situation in these routes for the times they are set. There have always been multiple trains running on the West Cornwall line so, to be authentic, there will need to be more than one.

Of course this is billed as “local” so it could be only one driveable train with different AI trains. I hope not though.

16. SHINO BAZ

Well lets see...
    Rivets Games dlc...
    Db Br 204(Shunter)
    Island of Wight(Route)
    Arosa-Chur(Route)
    West Cornwall:Local(Route)(Well this is there 4th effort for tsw2,so in all reality this route needs to be taken to the next level)

17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not actually true for Arosa. There are/were the BDt 172x cab cars, used on most Ge 4/4 trains, the new ABe 8/12 Allegra EMUs which are replacing them, and Ge 3/3 shunters.

18. ade4472

ade4472 Member

I know in the later years the 158’s frequently were used on the route but as regards to the pacers the chocolate and cream liveried traction was also used on Devon branch lines and I believe were also used on some Cornish branch lines but I stand to be corrected.

19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I personally don't think it makes sense to announce a route but not announce a train that will run on it. They should announce a route with the train next time

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They’ve more than likely only announced this route because everyone here has been baying for blood every time a roadmap comes out with no new routes on it. If everyone had been more chilled this would not have been announced until it was ready to be announced, locos and all. It was done in an attempt to keep everyone happy until 4th May, when the routes DTG are making will be announced.

• Like Like x 3
  21. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Pacers were introduced at Plymouth Laira depot around 1985 and were painted chocolate and cream, they were actually known as Skippers down there. However they were not popular, the curves in south Devon and Cornwall resulted in lots of noise and flange wear, and probably not the most comfortable of rides. They were moved away to the north west and north east around 1987/1988, not sure when exactly and were replaced by a motley collection of first generation DMU's, mostly from up north, probably depots which were receiving the Skippers. So they were used for a handful of years.

Class 158's would probably not have been seen in the area before the end of 1990, or if they were it would have been very occasionally, BR had only started building them in 1989, I am not sure where they went first. During the late 80's the most common second generation DMU's would have been Cardiff Cantons class 155's plus the occasionally class 150/2 probably. Sprinters didn't replace the first generation DMU's fully on local services until around 1992/1993 and even then some of the branches including the St. Ives branch still had first generation DMU's operating them till as late as 1996.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

They were first introduced by ScotRail in late 1990.

• Like Like x 1
  23. theorganist

I knew it was somewhere further north than Exeter lol! They would certainly fall outside the remit of this route.

24. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

The pacers were rejected from West Cornwall for being useless on the bends!

• Like Like x 1
  25. dave from Cornwall

It will depend on the period Drump Road Goods Depot existed...so there could be a little shunting and taking freight towards Truro and out.

There was the oil/diesel train to Long Rock Depot.

There was also freight to the concrete works at the disbanded Chacewater Station- but all again depending on the period!

Again depending period, there was freight around Holman Brothers Foundry and Harveys in Hayle.

But I am guessing not!

D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  26. SHINO BAZ

The wiki page is now been updated with what could be the included trains for this route(But it may or may not be offical yet)
    The info is as follows.
    1st.GWR Class 800
    2nd.GWR Castle Class HST 2+4(In BR Blue livery)
    3rd.Pacer(Type and Class ???)
    4th.Br Class 150
    Now this info not confirmed yet...(This will depend on era this route ends up in)

But if any of these train are included would they be good choices?

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  27. theorganist

A Wiki page for the trainsim route?

28. SHINO BAZ

Yes train sim world has a wiki page.This is a future tsw2 route not a ts1 route.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  29. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

The class 800 is miles out of the time scale, and British rail never operated 4 coach HST's, so those seem quite unlikely....

30. theorganist

That is what I was thinking!

• Like Like x 1
  31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The problem with wikis is that anyone can edit them, and whoever added those trains could just be - is likely to be - engaging in speculation. I would consider the 800 highly unlikely, because the route's era code is 5, meaning the period 1960-1990 which would rule out the 800 and any other 21st century train altogether. But beyond that, to use the train itself (in any markings) would require a separate license from Hitachi, who have trademarked the train's shape.

32. SHINO BAZ

So could this have been a troll or someone totally clueless when it comes to what trains would be seen together on this route during whatever era it might end up being.

33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A clueless troll or a person engaging in wild speculation, something we would never do here :D

• Like Like x 2
  34. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

In that case they should've just waited untill may 4th and release all the information for the route and loco not just half of it. Am sure people would've waited.

35. dave from Cornwall

If they pick the pacer time period it will literally be to keep peeps happy with a pacer.
    The 800 is too modern.

Hey ho...

D

36. theorganist

They could make a Pacer for TVL as it would be suitable there for it's 1989 time period. I don't think the Pacers of Skippers were in Cornwall for long.

• Like Like x 1
  37. dave from Cornwall

Yes, what I was trying to say, and said it very badly... so I will try again- If they put pacers on the line, they would have had to have thrown the dart very accurately, as its a very narrow window :)

But with very new British line the Pacer fans start asking...but I guess we will find out in a few months time :)

D

• Like Like x 1
  38. SHINO BAZ

DTG has stated the date code was wrong it should be set in the 1990-2010 era.

• Like Like x 1
  39. dave from Cornwall

Which rules out the Pacer :)

43 and 150's