PC Problem Line Bakerloo

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Franck69, Jan 16, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The weak link here is the DMH (which pops up and beeps at strange times)- the easy fix it seems would be to disable the DMH function completely, unless you actually get out of your seat- otherwise the game should assume you have your hand on it.

But then- in my experience (on PC)- putting the controller into B1, as you suggest, is precisely when the DMH pops up.

2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

DTG could maybe disable the DMH lifting up unless you point at it and single-click it with the mouse/stick cursor (try this in the other braking positions to see what I mean), and/or only enable the DMH if you explicitly press a certain key/button that is bound to emergency braking. There are many ways to fix this, and if you look at the manual in the link that I posted earlier, there are certain circuits (like the warning circuit) that get energised in the brake settings, which I assume that they are trying to simulate.

In the interim:

1. (On PC) - Only use the mouse and Left Mouse Button to manipulate the Traction Brake Controller
    2. (All) - When stopped in a station, place the Traction Brake Controller into the first rheo braking position ("Hold")

Option No.2 should work when stopped for a decent length of time, because the MR should get a chance to re-charge, and in the very least, avoids the rapid and terminal drop in MR when you stay in B2.

Try it out, and let me know how you get on.

3. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

So, on the bringing the train into service 05:40 I had the same problem after changing cabs. After some faffing around I was sitting in the drivers seat and pressed* the "Trip C0ck Reset" button on the right side of the cab. This recharged the brakes allowing me to get going again.
    *press and keep it pressed until the value goes over 4.0...
    Hope this helps.
    (sorry for the odd spelling - dumb censorship on the word required an alternative method. Context is everything!!)

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  4. solicitr

Interesting. Certainly worth a try.

5. GChris

GChris Member

This happened to me at Queen's Park, on a service terminating there. All I needed to do was drive to the siding, but the train would not move and the main reservoir was at 0.

After trying all the suggestions I could find, I thought of one thing to try I'd not seen suggested, though it's a bit extreme. I shut down the cab completely and ran all the way down to the other end of the train, inserted and turned on the control handle and the brakes started to charge!

After they reached 6.0, I shut down the rear cab and returned to the front, set everything up and was able to complete the run. (Though I'm not sure all the trains backed up behind me were best pleased)

The train did seem to drive a little oddly, but as I only had to pull into a siding it was "good enough".

Edit: This was on PS4

6. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Well I don't know if DLG have done a bug fix and not told us (unlikely I know) but I played Life on the Underground scenario on the Bakerloo Line again earlier (scenario 6 if memory serves?) only this time BINGO - no getting stuck at Piccadilly Circus this time! YESS! :)
    I was using 1st rheo position at each station to hold my train so this would have helped too I'm sure but whatever the reason, I'm happy to have finally completed that scenario at last! :):cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. jculleton

jculleton New Member

I have had this issue since day 1 still a big problem, tried the work arounds mentioned still not working as of today. TrainSim-Matt any ideas on this ?

8. synthetic.angel

Interesting. Just to confirm - have yo tried this:

-------------------
    "When stopped in a station, place the Traction Brake Controller into the first rheo braking position ("Hold")"
    -------------------

If you have tried the position 1 technique, and this does not work for you, and you often get a "no power" problem, can you please provide some more information, such as:

- are you on PC/PS4/X-Box.....(I assume PC....?) ?
    - what controller/s do you use......?
    - do you have the driver's window open?
    - do you have the passenger doors open?
    - does this happen on every service (or can you give an example named service)?
    - where does it happen on the route.....?

NB: As far as I am aware, the bugs have not (yet) been fixed, but the above workaround (brake position 1 when stopped) should work (..............I think) - unless you have a different issue.....?

9. solicitr

One note: placing the controller in Brake 1 causes the DMH to pop up with attendant alarm. It is essential to hit Q to reset it.

10. ennoborg

ennoborg New Member

Would it make sense to file another bug for this. I might try the trip c*ck thing tomorrow, but I'd rather file a bug, because to me it's quite obvious that the compressor isn't working.

• Like Like x 1
  11. synthetic.angel

Just checking, because you mentioned this before.... This only needs to be done once, in normal running, when you set up the train.... right....?

When you set up the train, and push the controller out of the braking settings into neutral, you can then cancel the alarm (Q), and the yellow light goes out, and then the alarm should never happen again. You can trip the alarm in normal running (and off the top of my head, I can't remember how you do this, because it happens to me so rarely....), but it can be cancelled again by going into neutral and pressing the alerter cancel (Q).

I might have another look at this on PC, next time I am on TSW on PC. But I am fairly sure this works the same as it does on PS4 (I could be wrong).

12. solicitr

In my experience on PC, the DMH alarm goes off every time the controller is in Brake 1 and the train is stationary or close to, as when stopping at a station.

13. synthetic.angel

So I get a four beep warning every time I enter brake setting 1 (Rheo/Hold), but I do not get the yellow light, and I do not have to cancel/acknowledge it (with Q on keyboard) every time. I only ever (normally) do this at start up. The only other circumstance when this happens is if you pass the TBC handle all the way back to Shutdown, and then when you bring the TBC back online you do have to cancel/acknowledge the alert again (in neutral).

Assuming that you use a keyboard on PC, I have a quick question.... Do you have an XBox 360 controller (or any PC gamepad) to hand...? If you do, can you give the Bakerloo Line a try with it - don't do anything different to normal, and let us know if you have a different experience...? Especially if you have a completely different experience.

NB: It might be that the issue you have with loss of traction is made much worse when using the keyboard, because of the way the keyboard sends instructions to the game, compared to a gamepad, with respect to repeat delay, etc..... I think the Xbox 360 controller (on PC), the keyboard (on PC) and the PS4 DS4 all behave slightly differently - I know mine do.

As a matter of interest - has the stopping in brake position 1 workaround fixed your issue with the loss of traction/power? Can you now use the Bakerloo Line relatively normally...(een if you have to hammer the Q button...)?

14. solicitr

TBH, I haven't bothered playing Bakerloo in ages, until an actual fix is released. (Also because I dislike driving commuter rail in general, and for most of Bakerloo there's nothing but tunnel to look at)

15. ennoborg

ennoborg New Member

Although I'm not the person that you replied to, I can say that using an XBox 360 type controller doesn't make much of a difference for this problem. It does make driving much easier for me, but when I resume a saved game, I still see that the main reservoir is not refilled by the compressor, as it is when you play a scenario from start, and when the pressure goes down far enough, I can either not drive away from a station, or when it's really low, the train will loose power somewhere else. I had that happen yesterday, when the MR went down to 3.3, and I my train stopped between stations.
    When that happened, I switched on the cabin light and my head light, and walked to the other end, and tried if I could run the train from the other cab, but that was not successful, so I had to quit anyway.

I intend to file a bug, mentioning that after resuming from a saved position, the compressor doesn't work, so the main reservoir will run low sooner or later, no matter how careful I drive.

W.r.t. your NB: I still don't understand why keyboard or gamepad can't work like they worked in good old Microsoft TS (by Kuju), where one click would always move the handle one notch. It seems like both keyboard and gamepad move a sort of analog control (with auto repeat) which is later translated to a notched position, meaning that you can never be sure whether it really moves, or not.

16. synthetic.angel

The bug that I reproduced (which I think is the bug that people are experiencing) is not related to save games. I don't know if there is another bug assocaited with save games, but I can't test that, because there is no way I am going to the roll dice with a save game in TSW 2, and risk my save files being corrupted (again).... I never ever save a game in TSW 2. But if you believe you have a save game bug to describe - then submit a ticket. But if you don't encounter the bug another time that you save, then I would ask you how do you account for that....? Do you get the bug every single time you have a save game, but never ever when you don't.... for example....?

I tested BKL on both PC and PS4, and on PC I mostly used the XBox controller. There is a slight difference between the DS4 and the XBox controller that I used (probably deadzone related), which makes a very very slight difference when reproducing the bug I described (and there are also different implementations on the different OS used, as well) - with it being slightly easier to trip over the bug on the XBox controller. My proposal for another user to try out an XBox controller, was to see if he had a better performance on that compared to keyboard (on PC). I suspect that the bug is easier to reproduce (accidentally or naturally) on a keyboard (and maybe especially for that particular user). You are right about controllers almost having an analogue action - when you use a controller you can literally wiggle the 72 stock power handle between two notches - it has very many points on it to drive the animation - maybe 32/64 between each notch (?), because it looks incredibly smooth, but a keyboard key press action might take only two presses to notch up/down, and if you press a key just once, then maybe that puts the DMH up.... I am not sure though, I have not thoroughly tested it on keybaord.

I might take another look at it, if @solictr decides reports further issues, given that user's experience of the route being completely unplayable.

17. Tanbeer

Tanbeer New Member

18. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

so another bug not fixed this was giving me trouble on the PS5 version today, break pressure went down could not recover

19. gabardyne

gabardyne New Member

I’m on PS5:

DMH still beeping when in position 1. Sometimes when I load a saved game, the train brakes and stop…
    I’ve managed to make it working again by going to the rear cab and switch off everything again. That’s weird because things looks to have been reseted…
    Last thing, the first tutorial is bugged. DMH beeping no matter which position the TBC is, and the train don’t move.
    I know this is a small team behind this game, but some bugs are game breaker and need to be fixed…
    But I keep enjoying it! Please DTG, fix this really good game of yours ;)

20. EnginerAl

EnginerAl New Member

If your still playing this run there is a reset that works for the brakes the Control Button next to the key left side of seat turn the control switch to off then back on and that should reset this problem. It worked for me on a PS4..

21. EnginerAl

EnginerAl New Member

If your still playing this run there is a reset that works for the brakes the Control Button next to the key left side of seat turn the control switch to off then back on and that should reset this problem. It worked for me on a PS4..Go at least 9.5 mph if you notice the tracks end and start again that's where you have no Power. So you need to coast over them try not to brake and stop over these no current in those break in tracks..
    Hope this helps let me know..

• Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

Ha! Matt encountered this bug, or something like it, in yesterday's stream! At 43 minutes in.

But then he recovered it, simply by going to full throttle and back to off. Odd.

23. VictoryWorks

VictoryWorks Well-Known Member

I just wanted to comment on this thread as this has been my experience today.
    I purchased the UK pack, was funnelled into Sand Patch, Tube or some German thing - I chose tube. Completed the tutorial, and was then pushed into the first scenario.
    70 minutes and 4 restarts and all I got was this bug. Shut down the game and after an hour found this thread and read it from start to finish, realising that the above is the EXACT situation I found myself in.
    I refunded with Steam.

What an ABYSMAL first user experience, and 15 months on from being reported - and the circumstances that cause it being VERY accurately noted by synthetic.angel in April 21 - a year on it is STILL totally broken and the first thing a new user who wants to drive UK stock experiences.
    And without wanting to sound arrogant I'm not exactly a noob at train sims
    https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Victory Works

Goodness knows how someone with a passing interest would feel experiencing this!

I was buying TSW2 (at long last!) in anticipation of the upcoming steam loco's but if this is an example of what the content is like then I'm more than happy to give it a miss.
    I had hoped DTG had sorted out their age old issues with releasing broken products but it seems nothing changes :(

• Like Like x 5
  24. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder why we bother logging bugs in this section. It really comes across as no one at DTG cares, once they have your money and they know most people will play beyond the refund period. Or in my case refund to the point that Steam warn me off about further refunds. I am in the same boat with a scenario on TVL, bug been around since last year, several reports including my most recent one, not even acknowledged.

• Like Like x 3
  25. fullsteam#2548

fullsteam#2548 New Member

I have the same problem - stuck - again. This time "only" 45 minutes wasted.
    Being a professional computer programmer for 37 years now - do not tell me that this bug is too difficult to fix in 17 months.
    Well, I guess this is the classic result of overworked programmers and too many sales managers in need of new stuff to put on the marked.
    The build quality of the game is really bad. However, I like the gameplay so I already purchased the steam add-on.
    I think I will wait a few months before I start playing - hopefully most new bugs will fixed by then ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  26. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I never got stuck on the bakerloo line. Playing with no hud, multiple services in one loaded session.

27. solicitr

It appears that whether one encounters this problem is a function of driving style: it plagues those who try for gentle stops and not spilling the passengers' coffee. For those who come screaming in at top speed and slam on the brakes, it seems never to develop.

28. meridian#2659

The key to success on the bkl is to close doors 5s prior the "passenger board" task ends, second is approach the platforms with 30mph and brake notch 2-3 and go back to notch 1 for a smooth stop.

There is no nice gentle approach when looking the tfl learning videos.

But to the problem in tsw, a large delay causing a perma red i only can immagine if a depot run comes infront of the player. So the dispatcher cant handle if the a.i service reaches the destination before the player.

29. meridian#2659

30. rocifier

rocifier New Member

Guys, this happened to me and I learned how to diagnose and resolve the issue after hours of trialing. So I thought I would post here incase it helps someone - this only applies to the scenario when your MR (main reservoir) is low on pressure.

If you look behind the drivers seat there is a panel which has very detailed step-by-step instructions for what to do if the train has no movement. It's way better than the manual - but so much so that not every step can actually be performed because there are no interactive switches and indicators for everything. The trick is to ignore the first and third frames of instructions and focus on the second one (lower-left).

if you follow through the bottom-left panel the MR can be recompressed. Slowly recompressing from 0.0 which it eventually depletes to for me on long runs using lots of switching between different brakes - this happens whether I use save or not. About 10 stations is my bakerloo average run with my driving style. I can also decompress it fairly quickly by turning the compressor off and leaving the brake in "off and release" position. When the 1972 breaks as described by many in this thread, it gets into this state where a compressor is not working even when compressor is switched on. I don't know why this happens or if it's intentional, but I receive the challenge of it happening either way, since the game gets kind of boring without random catastrophes like this.

You can leave the lever in shutdown and direction off and follow every step - sit down between each one just to check if MR is slowly compressing.

Sometimes it doesn't fully recompress MR- it only goes up to 0.2. In this case I figure it's a tripped fuse or wiring problem, but the game doesn't let you resolve those. The good news is that the compressor and main reservoir are in the trailer car and so theoretically can be controlled from either cabins even if one cabin is tripped (see attachment)

So what I did was get out of the train and run down to the other cabin so that I can use its compressor and mcb. I then pressed the red tripcock reset in that cab and waited for it to recompress. I went back to the first cabin and close all the doors and windows and started the whole process from shutdown/off to start the train (from the manual). The process worked as normal. However by the time I followed all of this signaling gave me a red light so I failed the scenario when I finally moved forward.

Like I said I hope it's useful to someone else. I'm going to keep playing and testing it all and revising this as I find out more.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  31. meridian#2659

Bakerloo with the 72s tube stock is a very detailed route in my opinion.

So many switches working, even the brake test. I guess its from a time where they didnt run out of time over and over.

32. rocifier

rocifier New Member

Yeah the complexity of it has provided hours of entertainment for me. I wish there was more guided fault finding, but the real life course to learn to drive the 72s is weeks of study and most of it sounds like it's fault finding and fixing. You have to marvel at the apparent simplicity yet hidden complexity of such a machine. At the same time I love how you can just fly way past the speed limit and stop 200 yards past a station and still unload passengers and keep going.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  33. pancakes#7420

pancakes#7420 New Member

I have solved it.

When at the station stopped every time, I turn to emergency brakes to release the pressure so it doesn't "build up" (?). Then set it to hold brake to repressurise. This solved my issue of train not moving as well. Maybe this is the correct way to operate it?

Hope it works.