Br 120 + Ic-coaches + Cab Car

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matinakbary, Apr 23, 2021.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

As I have the feeling that the 101-DLC had the most positive feedback a (german) loco DLC ever had, I want to suggest another hero of the german long distance trains: The BR 120.

[​IMG]

Before the 101 were in operation the 120 hauled together with the 103 [another great suggestion] most IC-trains in germany.

New coaches that could come with this:

Apmz: [first class]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bpmz: [Second class]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of coure the cab car:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 24
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Ideal suggestion (if it also includes the Bistro/Speisewagen). Especially since it would allow DTG to get out of the hole they dug for themselves with the 101 partial-train release. Although it would still irk me to have to buy two DLC just to get one complete IC train.
    -----------------------------
    Elaine: new service layers on pre-existing routes will only happen, if they happen at all, when Adam & Co revisit them and Adam elects to do a complete timetable rebuild. They will not come with a loco DLC release (except on that loco's "home" route).

• Like Like x 1
  3. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Very good point, I understand.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  4. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

But still, it would be nice to have this loco and the Cab Car. Maybe, the 101 will be able to have the Cab Car as well?

• Like Like x 1
  5. phips

phips Active Member

I think that it would be more reasonable for DTG to just make the Loco and the Cabcar (and maybe the Bistro wouldn´t be bad either), as they already have suitable IC Cars. This would be similar to the high Entry Dosto problem, but the best solution for having a complete Intercity Set. The Set with the BR 120 and the Cabcar would be very great considering that the IC Cars can just be thrown in without much work to do and would benefit DTG and the Community that wanted the Cab Car from the beginning.

After a Cab Car would be ready, you could update the BR 101 DLC to also feature the Cab Car, or change the formations of the Timetable Trains to having the Cab attached if you own both DLCs

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This is an excellent idea because that could permit the Intercity train to be driven out of München Hbf on Haputstrecke München Augsburg without having a DB BR363 layered from RSN as a Passenger Shunter or a DB BR101 on the end to reverse the train out of München Hbf towards Augsburg. Just a heads up the restaurant carraige classified as a WRMz in North America that will be called a restaurant car

• Like Like x 1
  7. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Are you sure that bicycle compartement is from a can car? It looks like the bicycle area in a conventional coach. Pictured below is the interior of an IC cab car (with the bicycle area and cab being at the end of the corridor).
    upload_2021-5-18_7-16-38.png

I just happened to be in both an IC cab car and a conventional coach with bicycle compartment last summer, and this is how I remember it. I might be wrong though, as not all cab cars were built at the same time and thus might have differing interiors.

Outside of that, this is a really good idea, and I really hope we'll see the cab car someday. The 120 is also among my favourite locos, as it's looks don't reveal the power within or it's importance as the first 3-phase locomotive to go into serial production, revolutionising motive power on the railways since.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Both are from cab cars, your photo is from the Bimmdzf 287,

Screenshot_20210518-105549_Drive.jpg
    while the other photo is from the Bpmmbdzf 286

Screenshot_20210518-105617_Drive.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The BR120 was one of my favourite locomotives in Train Simulator. And, in contrary to the 101, the 120 actually looks good. (Personal opinion here).

The BR120 would probably end up in my shopping cart, as long as I already own the required route for it.

10. jolojonasgames

Thanks! As said in my post I wasn't quite sure. Just out of curiosity, where do you get these diagrams, they're really interesting, and dou you know which type of cab car is more numerous (and thus more likely to be added)?

11. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

This is from the bahn.de Website, below the "Weitere Informationen" at the bottom at the page, there you can get a pdf.

Well, according to this website there are 72 Bpmmbdzf and 32 Bimmdzf.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. jolojonasgames

Thanks!

13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about the WRMz restaurant carriage remember that's also found in the formation with these cab cars and locomotive being a DB BR120 before 2020 post 2020 a DB BR101. However on Intercity line 77 WRMz DB BR101 is replaced by a Dutch NS1600 family locomotive at Bad Bentheim for Amsterdam via Amserfoot CS & Henglo.

14. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

While I'd love to see the InterRegio restarant carriage, I wouldn't mind if it's not built. It's probably too much development work for too little reward. Instead I'd want them to put their recources into a cab car as everyone would benefit from that much more than from a dining car.

• Like Like x 3