Perfect Mediocrity [hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck Review]

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, May 16, 2021.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

EDIT bolded = editions = my English /o\

I would like to confess something. I bought HHL. It is, however, stronger than me ...

At the time of writing this review, the average rating on Steam is 44%, which is definitely not enough, but it also shows that something is wrong. But let's start from the beginning.

HHL didn't have good press right from the start. Incorrect DoSto, the controversy around the BR 112, modest content - both locomotives are a kind of deja vu. There are two ways to look at it: from the perspective of a collector who buys everything and is usually very demanding, because everything new is compared to some mystical best legendary DLC; or from the perspective of a "tourist" - I'll buy, play and forget (or not). The vast majority of customers are probably visitors. "Casuals" is the wrong word. Maybe differently - in Louvre you can meet not only connoisseurs of art and antiquities. But does that mean the exposure should suffer because most will not notice Madonna's mustache?

HHL consists of two "new" locomotives, two nice Hbf stations, a boring and nicely reproduced landscape in between, and DB Regio and Freight services. BR 101 DLC owners will additionally handle the InterCity connection.
    Preparing to write these few words, I created a <table> (I love tables!). Thank you to all survey participants - it's time for a summary.

I. SYNERGIES.
    In principle, it can be ignored. A new DLC is never a layer for its predecessors, and the only exception is RSN, which became the layer for the older Rapid Transit after the last major update. It is worth mentioning the compatibility of both locomotives:

BR 112: can be used anywhere except Rapid Transit.
    BR 182: can be used in RRO and HMA (in the same exact services as her red friend). It is treated as a livery ...
    EDIT appropriate "DoSto" or freight layers required!

... and that's how it should be treated. Here is before you, BR 182 in MRCE livery \o/

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2021-05-16 00-13-21.png TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2021-05-15 04-15-48.png

It looks similar, but that's not a complaint. Fans of this locomotive will get a slightly different (freight) version. The livery itself is very pretty on the outside and should be considered a valuable addition to the collection. People who do not have the BR 182 Add-On, but are in love with this train, may consider buying it in this regard. Unfortunately, this is exactly the same model (red & black), with the same bugs, broken LZB (which until recently was not at all - let's hold back the negative emotions? IDK), with the same lighting problems. This is a global problem, and I would not like to downgrade HHL for that reason. MRCE 182 is sexy. It is a pity, on this occasion, the readability of the cockpit has not been improved a bit. It can be done better. There is no disappointment - there is want.

BR 112 \o/ A younger friend of BR 143.

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2021-05-15 04-05-16.png

Similarly? I think so. That`s bad? Again, it depends on the perspective. RSN holders can complain; others - not necessarily. In the case of 182 we can talk about just a new livery; here - think about it. This is the same nasty audio, but we can probably talk about the so-called fresh mix. Sound levels. Maybe some other nuances. This is the difference between the AC4400 and the Dash-8. It's hard to prove anything 100%. I did some services on Rapid Transit; a few services on HHL - for me it's a bit different. Why?

Brakes. We pull 7 cars behind us and this is probably more than in 143 performances so far - they seem lazy. I like. Maybe it's not prototypical - I don't know. I have come to like this train a lot lately and it is a perfect machine for the RB role. Orthodox fans need to be aware of some supposed geometric irregularities. I cannot decide this. I'm not very offended about "the wrong DoSto", but it should be mentioned. From the point of view of casual, it doesn't really matter, but the collector has the right to object.

Bottom line: Both locomotives are basically re-skins, with some minor changes. cwf.green would probably measure the braking distance (143 vs 112 - there may be a difference), but for me, it's just intuition (similar in terms of audio). Finally, one fact: 112 has the LZB and it works - I tested it with the HMA. This could be an argument? Let me remind you: useable everywhere (except RT)!

EDIT be aware of some brakes issue > link

For some, not enough news, for others, they will not be spectacular enough (there are better trains in the game). HHL performs perfectly average in this category (TRAINS VARIETY, base content, in my table). This is probably such a standard in TSW, although it used to be worse sometimes.

II. TRAFFIC.

202 services. 200 if we do not have the BR 101 Add-On. Some of them are "Stabling / Preparing", etc. HHL is empty and silent. My expectations are high lately. The premiere of BR 101 changed my view at TSW. If I would like to categorize all German routes, I would do it like this:

RT Rapid Transit
    --------------------------------------
    RSN Ruhr - Sieg Nord
    MSB Main Spessart Bahn
    RRO Rhein - Ruhr Osten
    HRR Hauptstrecke Rhein - Ruhr
    HMA Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg
    SKA Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen
    HHL Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck
    BRD Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden

HRR and HMA are playing in their own league. No spells or subjective preferences will help here. They have the most sugar in sugar. HHL dances the German waltz with the SKA. Buying this DLC is buying another SKA, in many ways. Without the MSB layer (for SKA) we could talk about two ordinary village girls (I love girls like that!). This is the same level of basic content, the same level of variety, the same level of performance - perfect mediocrity. I really like SKA and HHL now too, although it wasn't love at first sight ...

We get RE and RB services, a little freight, and two IC rides. It is lifeless. It is simple. Something is missing. I can't name it. There is no that WOW - how many stars are there! SERVICES VARIETY & TRAINS VARIETY is the weak point of the program. Gameplay variety, as a consequence, is not the best. This is the route for connoisseurs. There is something I like about this mediocrity, but I'll tell you about it in a moment **. And the Aachen station is busier.

III. Cons.

I list what comes to my mind - not everything will be relevant to everyone:

Broken signaling. 500Hz magnets behave as a hybrid. They require confirmation and turn on the 1000Hz indicator, and at the same time limit the speed below 25 KPH. Perhaps someone has a different explanation. It doesn't matter - it doesn't work. This is a fact. Does this affect the fun? For art connoisseurs and antiquarians - this is no longer Louvre.

The BR 182, as part of this DLC, has partially broken lighting inside and big LZB problems (it cannot be used as such). I refer to reading other threads on this topic on this forum. That's not an HHL problem - it's a problem for both 182.

BR 112 & the wrong DoSto. Non-prototypical.

Optimization. Large fps drops, sporadically. This is not a big problem, but it should be mentioned. Nowadays it becomes relevant, a certain standard. You need to be able to control the code.

Services and scenarios. I don't like how little time we get to prepare before we leave. You have to hurry very much. For me - very annoying. The scenarios are again partially broken and have similar conceptual flaws. I managed to cheat destiny, but I checked - there are already complaints about this. It is average. The number of services - average. HHL is half-baked on this point. This is not the CRR. No love this time.

EDIT I need to raise my grade for the above category. There are interesting (non-full-clear) services, and not all scenarios are problematic. This DLC takes more time than usual to fully appreciate it.
    The old TSW bugs are still here. For someone, this may be the first DLC purchase. What will we answer then - that it should be so, that it is not the HHL problem, that it is a global problem? That it's normal?
    My save broke and my screens turned off while driving. I thought I was used to it. DTG ... Let me give you one more example - HUD, LZB issue in 112. It looks different again. Unlike 182. Unlike IC, ICE. Could you please set some standards? I don't like such a sloppy approach. I am a perfectionist. What if it's not just me?

IV. Towards the sun.

HHL has an identity. It is different enough if someone is looking for just such a purchase justification. Skyhook was responsible for the set design (a very reasonable assumption) and here they deserve praise. The landscape is boring but it is a very nice layout. Near the tracks, foliage is dense. If we use a free camera, we will notice some simplifications, but that's for the sake of efficiency. From the cabin, the shots are always full of details. The stations are very very good looking and it's nice to wait there for a train to appear. Again, the association with SKA - both Hamburg & Lübeck are very good, but I think I prefer the combination Köln - Aachen. It is a matter of taste and it is also a very high rating on my part.

112 is better than 143. I don't ask how much someone doesn't have RSN. I consider this train (bearing in mind the disadvantages mentioned) one of the biggest reasons for a possible purchase. I'll come back to the interrupted thread ** - what is this DLC about? I will answer with another statement, not without reason in the paragraph devoted to 112:

HRR Hauptstrecke Rhein - Ruhr = Busy and realistic feel + BR 101
    HMA Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg = Have you ever been to Pasing station at night? & BR 423!
    SKA Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen = Aachen, ICE
    HHL Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck = Regional Bahn

All of the above is a "passenger" experience. HHL, from the inside of 112, gains flair and identity. If you like all-stops (here RB) services and nice routes - you can forget about problems and buy this DLC. This is, in my opinion, the key possible reason. It is fun. It's not the 423 S-Bahn, but it's nice too. Calmly. Relaxing. Differently.

Here's another question - who is this DLC for?

There are several paths to expanding the TSW collection. Ruhr Sieg - Nord, BR 155, 363? Or maybe HRR and BR 101, of course, it all starts to take full color only with the MSB. Dilemmas. For me, the HRR & MSB & 101 set is the best option. We get everything. Too expensive? The HMA itself is probably nicer and more interesting. I took the 112 for an HMA ride yesterday. For comparison. It's better. Perfect mediocrity. This is the biggest problem with this DLC. There aren't any really big reasons to love. There are also no major reasons for hatred. If you collect German Add-Ons or maybe you like DB Regio? Then you will be truly satisfied. The bottom line is: you can check out Steam - 44%. You can listen to my complaining and you can listen to your heart. This is not a risky purchase if you have technical problems in mind. Moderate delight - neither. The more I test it, the more I like it, although I don't know why. This is such a SKA, just more buged. This is the HMA, but after Pasing, towards Augsburg. Regional Bahn is great (stations, train). Atmospheric.

A few chaotic digressions at the end.

Continue Journey now launches the next scenario in the current chapter - has it always been like that? Is it after the last update or just HHL? I like this. / Everything seems so clear to me here - it may be an illusion - I was rummaging in NVidia settings recently. A few more competent people could comment. I'm curious. / I am very demanding. I watched my liked Polish streamer - he had a lot of fun - perhaps there is no need to look for flaws by force? / BR 101 and the new incarnation of HRR showed this is a game about trains - here we have a bit too few of them. / The scenery is very polished in my opinion. It's not perfect, but that's a correspondingly high standard for me. Does Skyhook do BRD? I hope so! / 363 in a freight yard? An advertise? I'm okay with that! Good.

Someone was waiting for my objective assessment - it probably didn't work out.
    Do I recommend it? On Steam I gave a thumbs up. 7/10 for me. EDIT or higher, if no technical problems

BR o7

PS Short, about HHL: turn on nice background music, turn off the HUD, enjoy the ride and don't forget to be on time. Enjoyable DB Regio experience. Nothing less, nothing more (with a hint of freight).

EDIT
    (May 26, 2021)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    about fixes: patch notes & patch summary
    about additional issues: link & link
    about brakes: link
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    additional >> summary <<

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 27
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  2. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

The part where you say that HHL is empty is plain wrong. Yes, 202 services dont look that much but everytime I went on a drive on that route I had enough traffic to say that this route isnt near dead, I would say the opposite is the case: There is definitely much traffic but it depends on when you are doing a service. Night services and early morning services are cleary emptier than rush hour services.

To the locos: The physics are wonky at best on all of the locos including the cab car. The new ZZA on the cab car is average at best, but does its job. One can debate about the system DTG implemented but I dont bother with it.

To the route building: As a person who grew up in Northern germany I can say that this route is very decent. Its rural most of the time and flat and this is exactly what Northern Germany looks like. Dont blame the game, blame the reality. In terms of scenery and general track laying this route is one of the better examples we got in terms of routes.

The services and the scenarios: Scenarios are standard stuff and not that creative but to be honest, scenarios are not the main selling point of TSW. The services are decent and close to reality in terms of timing so you need to practise your driving skills. In dry conditions it is definitely easy for an experienced driver to be more than on time. On wet conditions you can completely forget it because the locos' physics are very bad at wet conditions.

The PZB system is working but the fact that the 500hz magnets act as 1000hz magnets is disappointing and needs to be fixed.

Overall performance is ok but needs worked on. But it is not that bad for me, but on the other hand I am using ini-file optimizations so my experience might differ.

Big big thing you all need to understand: The game can only uphold what is there in reality. If there is no variety in terms of rollingstock and/or scenery t hen dont blame the game, blame the real life.

HHL is passenger-focused route with some freight. In terms of speed I would say it is like MSB with average speeds of 140 kmh. This is not a high-speed route. It is a standard german regional route like MSB just without the hills.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I don't blame anyone. This is only information for people who are not aware of the reality. It also does not change the fact that it is so. Besides - you summed up everything very nicely :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

If the 500 hz is acting as a 1000hz, then the PBZ isn’t working. Can’t add much here that’s hasn’t already been covered across the forum, but the PBZ is a disaster, and DTG should be ashamed of themselves for not catching it.

• Like Like x 9
  5. sukihersch

sukihersch Member

I don't have anything to contribute but I just want to post my appreciation for the tone and writing style of this post, beyond my simple 'Like'. I really appreciate how considered and proportional your review is, and the sense of perspective you have maintained throughout.

• Like Like x 9
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I had to "un-like" your post, sukihersch, and just write this: thanks! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

What they said. Nicely put,

• Like Like x 3
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I agree with your review, which was the best I came across so far.

I wrote my opinions about some aspects of HHL in other threads but I would like to give my overall feel about this route.

First, apologies if lately I've been more negative than usual, RT bugs + 182 bugs + HHL was a pretty bad mix. Anyway...

I haven't bought HHL, because some cues I spotted in JD and mainly Matt's behaviour on the preview streams together with the available informations on the DLC, I just had a bad feeling about this DLC since the first preview stream, so keep that in mind, I do not own this DLC.

1 - Why I was still looking forward to this DLC until the second preview stream.

I absolutely love the route and the scenery, it's flat and boring, but it feels extremely authentic, I can't put a finger on why exactly, but out of all routes this seems special, the attention to detail, the lighting, the km posts and speed limit signs having a different font, little details in the rails themselves, those small details really add up and really improve the immersion for me. The stations, particularly the "two Hbf" stations are extremely well modelled.

About the locos, the 182 is my favourite german loco tied with the 155, and I wouldn't have minded too much getting a newer, improved version, also the 112 is perfect for me, I always loved the 143, but it's so frustrating to use on other routes due to the low top speed, and becomes almost impossible to stay on time - so a better, faster 143? Sign me up :D

Is the 182/112 the best line up for me? Well, no... I don't like to pay for something I already own, so something like a 112/Vectron would have been better, but out of all the reused locos the 112 and 182 are the best they could have picked (for me).

Also I love the 101 and I love this route, what a great combination!

About the DoStos, it's annoying they are wrong but it's not really a big issue for me. I'll talk about the headlights of the 112 later.

2 - Second Preview stream

During the second preview stream, Matt had to answer a lot of questions, many, mine too were pretty "aggressive" (for lack of a better word), we wanted to know how much effort went into the rolling stock after all, surely they can't be that bad, maybe a lot was still WiP? The 395 still had no sounds 2 weeks before release so everything is possible.

Well, the attitude towards many of the questions was either: "No promises for a fix, we'll get it right the next time" or "Don't know, assume the worst" and that gave me a very negative vibe. This DLC was definitely not on the spotlight, just get the bare minimum done, sell it (talking about rolling stock), which was somewhat confirmed by Matt's comment on the DoStos which was not worthwhile doing, too much work for little reward, and then they go on saying how getting 3 Talent2 variants require much more work than expected, for an even smaller reward, so what's the difference? Why was it worth it for SKA, and Riesa-Dresden but not HHL? And HHL is the most expensive of the 3!

This, togheter with the bugged and sub-par sounds (compared to TSW2020), and the old AFB bug reappearing after Sep 2020 made my decision a lot simpler.

3 - The most annoying things with HHL, from worst to least worse

-PZB: Self explaining
    -112 Headlights, yes I find those more annoying the DoStos, isn't that funny? The reason is simple, I am not a rivet counter, I barely saw some pictures of the 112 until this moment, but since the first screenshot was posted, the loco just looked wrong, at first I couldn't see why, but it just did not look right, and what part of the loco do you see the most while driving and encountering trains going in the opposite direction? The front, so everytime I encounter a 112 I will be annoyed, even if I don't know the exact headlight diameter.
    When you are making the locos, there's gonna be a few things which really have to be as accurate as possible, one of them is the shape, most trains, even if to the untrained eye you can't see the difference between Train A and Train B that's actually where it becomes much more important to actually have cought these differences, this one has an extra vent, this one has its headlights in a slightly different place, that's where it becomes really important.
    Source
    -Sounds are worse than TSW2020, in a brand new DLC, do I have to add anything else?
    -Reversed screens on the Taurus, on the 182 it's fine since the 2 screens are all in front of you, but on the MRCE Taurus, apparently to look at my traction info I have to look up and to the left? Those are the things that really break the immersion for me, again, little details.
    -LZB not working - this is a much bigget issue on the RT182, you can't have broken LZB if you don't have LZB!
    -Wrong DoStos, isn't this the first time DTG willingly put wrong rolling stock in a DLC? Inaccurate substitution, yes, but the trains included in the DLC have always been correct so far, but hey at least the 146 has a rare chance to spawn because only 2 operate there IRL.

Final thoughts, it's a real shame, I would have loved to add HHL to my collection, I am prepared to buy it on sale if the AFB and PZB and get fixed, even at full price if the headlights on the 112 are rectified or it gets better sounds

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

Hasn't anyone noticed the UIC cable on the front of the br112 that leads underneath to the middle of the locomotive, Just taken a look at the underside. Aldo the airhoses are bugged at the front

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

breblimator - Thanks, That’s the best summary I’ve read so far. I’ve bought it and I’m quite enjoying it, but it is far from DTG’s best.

My reasoning behind buying it was to get it with pre order discount then wait to see how good/ bad it was before playing too much so I could still refund it.

I’m keeping it. It’s a nice enough route for scenery. I can live with the wrong Dostos as from the cab I can’t see them, the various other cosmetic defects aren’t bothering me that much either.

The two major things for me are PZB, which I am assuming (hopefully correctly) will be fixed quickly as that was very poor. I don’t even believe it was missed in Testing as Matt uses PZB all the time, so my opinion is that they knew about it and released anyway. The other issue for me is the terrible Raildriver implementation on the 112. I’m not holding any hope that that will get looked at.

So my opinion is, that when PZB is fixed then the route will be worth it for me. But it’s never going to be a favourite and could be so much better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together breblimator. It‘s very interesting to read a review of the route that takes everything into account and doesn‘t just stop after mentioning the many problems :D

This I agree with. I can live with the wrong DoStos seeing how inaccurate rolling stock is not exactly new when we take layers into account. I realize that this is a different situation since it‘s not a layer but what comes with the route, but the 112 shape bugs me more. It just looks off, even when you don‘t know the loco well.

• Like Like x 5
  12. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review. Very in-depth and well done. However, I disagree with the final vote. Wouldn't go higher than 5/10 considering the low effort they showed by recycling rolling stock and delivering a bugged pzb protection system.

This is just my personal opinion, each one of us cares more about some aspects and less about others.

Pozdrowienia :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

My low scores are reserved for some upcoming Polish products :D Również pozdrawiam \o/ hehe

• Like Like x 2
  14. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Yes, very soporific route.

• Like Like x 1
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I have almost completed the entire HHL Journey (2 services left).

There is just one thing I would like to add: HHL is in my opinion the best German (>> passenger) Timetable so far.

> Multiple interactions between trains.
    > Very good PZB actions (they could be even better if DTG fixed PZB soon).
    > A true feeling of exceptional authenticity (coupled with a great route design).
    > Pearls like RE8 11436. That's it! Le-gen-da-ry. ** I "omit" some technical shortcomings called bugs, meh meh git gud.
    > The BR 112, with its weird steering inputs and sluggish brakes, works perfectly here. Great fun.
    > "Dog Weather" Chapter of the Journey <3 That was an Adventure!

To the people responsible for this Timetable & this Journey: I'm standing now and applauding you \o/
    The ultimate DB Regio adventure was born.

BR 112 deserves its own video tutorial by Matt in my opinion. Great gameplay. I like the new brakes. Memento bugs!
    Here, check Raptor's superior posting out \o/

---------------------------------- end of review ----------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I thought the timetable was good but non that great, If I can get some MS Reward points I'll see if I can get it at full price (I create my own discounts!), even if the 182 and 112 are worse than I expect I can still the use the 146 and the 155/185

• Like Like x 2
  17. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Kudos breblimator for taking the time to write the review and I'm glad that you enjoy it despite everything.

I can't buy it yet. I don't know when or if I will buy it. It depends on what happens with retouches by Adam's team in the future.
    What I find a bit disappointing is the fact some of us gave in to the "virus" that is the love for trains and went ahead and bought it regardless of their initial critic.

As I mentioned before, there is a high amount of psychological factors and making purchase decisions with the heart rather than rationally and developers know this. Unfortunately, since we don't live in a perfect world, this is subject to be abused and sometimes developers can get despite putting out a mediocre product (as in, people will still buy the product because they love trains).
    Consistency is important as it sends a message when things have not been created in the right way. Otherwise, it will happen again and I don't know about you but I don't want disappointment again, I want them to evolve and us too.

If this DLC would have been at least a copy-paste of the one in TS 2021 it would have been great already but it's not even at that level. Many elements have been left out for reasons that are unknown to us, yet the game is an "evolution" of its older brother.

Despite the subjectiveness factor of each of us has his/her own quality standard, there are core elements that are lacking which a week and a half after release they are still there. And counting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I'm currently in process of testing the physics of the rolling stock in HHL and there are some good stuff but unfortunately a lot of bad stuff as well.

For the good stuff: BR112 has the same stopping distance as real locomotive (light engine) from 160 km/h in R+E.
    The BR182 also seems to have nearly (or perfectly) accurate traction curves. 270 kN at 85 km/h, 250 kN at 92 km/h is very realistic. The only point that might be improved w.r.t traction is that, from my understanding, the tractive effort actually starts decreasing almost immediately from 300 kN at ~ 0 km/h but the decrease is linear and quite slow.

Check out the the operating instructions: https://www.scribd.com/doc/194445105/Bedienungsanweisung-ES64U2-V1-7-De

For the bad: Unfortunately the Dosto wagons are about 20-30% too weak (I'll have the exact figures later on after I've "debriefed" with Matt). Also the MRCE BR182 brakes much much harder than is accurate.

Although I dislike when trains brake unrealistically hard I have to say that braking unrealistically weak is more damaging to realism and immersion because you might actually SPAD or have scenario ending consequences due to unrealistic constraints on the simulation. This is probably why there have been a lot of reports about the "BR112 having weak brakes". From my findings the BR112 does not have weak brakes but it is coupled to wagons that have very weak brakes so the end effect is the same.

EDIT: Also the BR182 dynamic brake curves are not accurate. In TSW2 it is 150 kN down to 15 km/h while in the real locomotive (unless there is some other variant DTG has modelled the BR182 on which I don't know about) the curve is 150 down to 100 (between 50 km/h and 40 km/h) and then down to 0 between ~ 5 and 0 km/h. Read page 19 in the linked document.

I'm gonna get back to testing so I can give DTG more precise feedback.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the detailed analysis. I find it really interesting reading this stuff. Keep up the good work, and let’s hope that DTG does indeed rework some of the Simugraph values based on feedback. Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

:)

• Like Like x 1
  21. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Can anyone who has played this route after Tuesday's patch comment on how it works with the fixes? Does PZB work well now? If there was anything else that was bothering you, have you seen any improvements?

• Like Like x 1
  22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

RT & HHL after last update > link but link and link
    plus, some positives about RailDriver support in 112
    BR o7
    PS patch notes

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The brakes, the exterior appearance and the sound of the 112 are still sub par, I'd at least wait for a fix to the loco brake and the braking force of the 112 before buying the route. Another problem is that you can't avoid using the 112 if you run from the cab car, the consist is the same and only the cab car itself changes, so whatever cab car you choose you'll still be pushed by a 112.

The 182 is worse than the RT one, but at least the MRCE 182 can always be avoided

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

a nice summary by cwf.green > link

• Like Like x 1
  25. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

He really did a great job, I appreciate that so much... intuitively felt it was odd, because how can it be so different between a 146 and a 112 if the consist is the same? but intuition only gets you so far, and is not always right, a completely different story with numbers and formulas :)

• Like Like x 1
  26. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Regarding the route itself, I would say its like the German Peninsula Corridor (a flat route with push pull trains and some freight action) with a German taste to it;)

*I dont own the route, but I did watch the streams.

• Like Like x 1