Train Sim World 2 - Building Riesa Dresden

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, May 25, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Read the article here.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 29
    • Helpful Helpful x 7
  2. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Anything on what services will/won't be included for last gen consoles?

• Like Like x 3
  3. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

As someone who makes pdf timetables for this game, this is my favourite image from the article:
    [​IMG]
    Two things of note from this image:

1. The S1 line to Meißen does go all the way to Meißen Triebischtal (I mean, it would be kind of dumb if it didn't).

2. If you look to the right of the image, you will see that like it's TS classic counterpart, the route won't just terminate at Dresden Hbf, but rather go on for a few more miles to Dresden-Reick. Probably to include the yard that's located around there.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 19
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

All of them

5. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Different colour ballast eh, I wonder where that idea came from :P

• Like Like x 3
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I've looked at this picture for a while as well. Meißen has already been confirmed, but with your experience do you think this also confirms the possibility to go all the way to DD-Reick? That would mean bringing ICs and ICEs there too (and since we don't have an IC cab car, probably some switcheroo of 101s on the consist).

• Like Like x 2
  7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’m glad DTG are now taking advantage of the new consoles, which will also enable us PC players to take advantage of our hardware better. This means they are now a lot less limited in what they can do.

I’m not sure how this will affect older consoles, however.

• Like Like x 11
  8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Looks good

9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It's interesting that they've mentioned the upper limit being removed, all the new possibilities... when the DLC is still supposed to function on PS4 and XB1.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Just to clarify, this image is included to demonstrate how much research goes into every route. It does not however guarantee that everything on the document will be included in the DLC.

• Helpful Helpful x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Too late :D

All this data has already settled in our consciousness. Now you have to do all these stations, etc. \o/

• Like Like x 13
  12. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Will we get other challenges to get similar articles for the other 2 routes ?

• Like Like x 2
  13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Make all Stations or we Riot!!! :o:D

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. WonterRail

This is the yard in question that I was referring to in the other post:
    Dresden-Reick Yard.PNG
    But what I find interesting here is that if you go into google maps and enable 3d, you will find at the end of the yard an IC set with a DB BR 101 and IC coaches but doesn't have an IC Cab Car:
    Dresden-Reick Yard 2.PNG
    If this yard was to be featured in the route, it would probably provide a place for IC's to turn around as they terminate at Dresden. You could have it where after arriving in Dresden, the IC set will drive into this yard, you would have a another 101 waiting around this yard that would couple up to the back of the arriving set and take that back out into Dresden and then on towards Riesa.

All in all, I do hope DTG does do this yard as like I said, it would provide a place for IC to turn around after terminating at Dresden, otherwise the alternative would be to drive off the end of the map which probably won't be as interesting as this.

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Interesting to read that "We are currently planning for everything, it’s how we approach every DLC.
    Even if we don’t have the stock required, we put everything in planning so that if we do decide to create the DLC for the rolling stock we have all of that information to hand. Our focus is on passenger services, but there will be some freight services too."

And yet, while German content is stuffed full of layers I bet we won't get the Class 66 and 166 layered onto London to Brighton despite it making perfect sense.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Don’t be mean lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

stujoy reads article and then immediately looks online for a PS5. There aren’t any but the writing is now on the wall, the old consoles will have less content. We knew it was coming and people have been asking for it, so everybody best get saving their cash or badgering their parents for a new toy. The missus is going to be livid, even though she also gets a new console, and with two in the house we can both play games at the same time, in separate rooms, the secret behind a successful marriage, if we ever do get married that is. Oh my lord, I’m going to need a new TV too.

• Like Like x 9
  18. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

We’ll get them whether there is a challenge or not.

• Like Like x 1
  19. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I did the same after Rush Hour was leaked/announced. Fortunately I managed to pick up a PS5 a couple of week ago when Argos stock dropped. Started trying at 1am and got one at just before 4am. Utter madness but I’m happy.

• Like Like x 3
  20. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

So, nobody is going to clarify what’s gonna be available for old consoles like the Xbox One S? Are they dropping support?

• Like Like x 3
  21. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Almost certainly going to be an HMA situation, with a thinned out timetable and/or fewer layers than will be available on PC and current gen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Coastway trainspotter

Definitely not , the game will just be a bit downgraded from the next gen version

23. londonmidland

I just HOPE DTG come to their senses and include South Eastern Class 375s and 465s for the SE side of London Victoria, for those that own the DLC. The same goes for the Class 166, for those that own GWE.

• Like Like x 14
  24. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I did exactly the same thing, I've been needing a good enough reason to convince myself to upgrade to a series x for a while and I think this is it. The only problem is, wanting to buy one and actually managing to buy one are very different things, but with Rush Hour coming in summer you would hope I'd be able to get my hands on one before then.

• Like Like x 1
  25. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Yep, same. Can't see it happening though unfortunately. London-Brighton has TONS of potential but I'd be very surprised if DTG take advantage of it all. Each of the last three UK routes by DTG have had flaws; East Coastway- No London bound services, Bakerloo- Poor sounds, lack of atmosphere and no trains on the WCML, SEHS- Poor scenery and lower ebsfleet platforms not useable.

I predict the major flaw of London-Brighton will be that it will be missing layers of, as you say the 375, 465, 166 and 66 that would massively bring it to life.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Coastway trainspotter

I find this unlikely , as this would have to somehow involve merging routes

27. londonmidland

No. I meant include the stock from SEHS for AI only use. The portal is literally around the corner so no merges or anything intended.

• Like Like x 3
  28. WonterRail

I just had a idea about having AI services involving the Class 375 & 465 around London Victoria. On top of those services, why not also feature some driveable servicse using those trains that involving them going between London Victoria and Grosvenor Road Carriage Sidings (Also known as London Victoria carriage holding sidings) which is the depot just around the corner from London Victoria where Southeastern trains are usually stored.

I mean, it may not be much, but at least you would be able to drive those trains some distance even if it is just to the depot and back.

• Like Like x 5
  29. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Awesome. Sounds like DTG is finally taking advantage of the German signals. I've always found it strange to have no speed restrictions when approaching a red signal.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I like the new track textures. Makes the track look much better.
    Watermarked_Dresden_Dev_Article_Screenshots_3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  31. londonmidland

I’ve created a thread regarding the London to Brighton extra AI services here

• Like Like x 2
  32. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That's how it typically is though, except for some special places such as Köln and Aachen for example (where the signals are closer together than normal) :)
    But yes, happy to hear that the Hl system will be included, and hopefully this combination with the Ks signals means they also got some love and improvements :)

33. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

So how do we read this?

Joe: What the new generation consoles do allow us to do is it takes the upper limit bar away from us so we can allow for a lot more traffic. Trains can be queued up at signals without performance issues. In the past we have had to be very aware of memory limitations, with the new generation we should hopefully be able to add more. We don’t know the current memory limit for PC users, but it should be somewhere similar to the next generation console

1. They are developing towards series x and ps5 memory limitations.
    2. They expect consoles to outperform pc
    3. Potato pcs may need to catch up with their ram
    4. They’re realising that people are fed up having a dumbed down experience on next gen and pc

I wonder if this will mean more trains and traffic or more detail on routes which could impact FPS.

excitingly intriguing

• Like Like x 2
  34. Coastway trainspotter

The Xbox series s / x should easily be able to cope with the FPS

• Like Like x 1
  35. Coastway trainspotter

What does HI do ? I don’t fully understand it .

36. chieflongshin

I was thinking more on pc now the consoles are I believe close to 2080ti level (if I recall correct). Will we hold the game back now

37. londonmidland

chieflongshin I have a feeling they’ll end up two different versions - one for older consoles and another for next-gen consoles and PC. I assume next gen consoles and PC will be very similar.

Naturally consoles will never be as powerful as PC’s, but it’s good to see DTG moving forward from older hardware.

• Like Like x 1
  38. chieflongshin

Will keep you busy with your mods sir :D

39. jeremydunn8

I could say the same about the NEC, I seriously doubt we’ll see any freight. British and American content just doesn’t get the love that German stuff does, at least with the past few releases.

• Like Like x 3
  40. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The thing with next-gen consoles is, they are not available for buying at the normal way. You can buy them by so called scalpers overpriced only. And the normal gamer will not buy it there for 200 dollars plus than normal. So the next gen community is very small at the moment. That's why the most TSW 2 console customers will stay with their last gen consoles for a while. And DTG know that and will not offer that big part of their customers a to much downgraded experience. :)

41. jeremydunn8

Yes, and not everyone has $1k to spare to get it now, or has the time to try and get a cheaper one. Hopefully they can tone the graphics down or something to allow all these services.

• Like Like x 1
  42. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Although i dont really find this route as interesting as the others, the dev article seems to say that more effort will be put into the development of this route, making it alot more interesting for me. Hopefully it doesnt end up as buggy as HHL...

43. londonmidland

Absolutely. I'm fully intending to purchase this and there will be a tonne of mods to go with this route, no doubt ;)

44. docsnyder1911

And it's not a question of money only. It's about values. I definitely will not support the business model of so called scalpers.

• Like Like x 1
  45. chieflongshin

46. docsnyder1911

Thank you for your message. There's a lot of similar websites. But the thing is people with jobs have not the whole day time to use the short time of restock slots to buy such a console. The most of us will wait till they are available in normal online shops for normal prices and at normal times.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  47. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I want it now \o/

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  48. docsnyder1911

You're not the only one.

Each time when I visited Dresden HBF and saw the lovely 143 there I said to myself that it would be so nice to have that in TSW. And perhaps in August this year that dream will become true.

• Like Like x 1
  49. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am so in love now with 143 & 112 \o/

• Like Like x 1
  50. Trabbi

Trabbi New Member

Looking good - hoping with the mention of the S3 services that the RB31/RE18/RE15 diagrams for 442 and loco hauled (143 with optional 112 layer?) will be in as well. :)

• Like Like x 2