Ts18: Oh, Oh Waterloo, Finally Coming To Train Simulator!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Steve, May 29, 2018.

1. trainfan21

trainfan21 New Member

Will the new Portsmouth direct line have the slow lines to Woking and also will the class 455 be driveable on quick drive with the route

2. Dom Whibley

Dom Whibley Active Member

I've noticed one issue. The people that are most likely going to want to buy this are the people who already own the portsmouth direct line. Therefore, many of these people may not buy it as they already have plenty of the route. Will there be a solution to this such as people that already own the portsmouth direct line get a discount or something like that?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welshy19904

Welshy19904 New Member

Will we get the line between Surbiton and Guilford via Effingham junction? as it was in the original route (albeit there was no scenery)

4. The Train Sim Guy

The Train Sim Guy Active Member

Is the hilarious milk float still in the new route. Really like taking it for a spin. xD

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

6. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

But didn’t they redirect the Eurostar service from Waterloo to St. Pancras Intl?

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yes they did, but these platforms have been dormant for the most part since that divert took place, and those are not counted in the above stats. There have been more than a few raised eyebrows when people look at the cost of building, securing and maintaining a large amount of land in Central London...

8. Yawwie

Yawwie New Member

Honestly cannot wait for this! However as most people have said I am expecting a few things for it to be good value and more interesting:

-A completely reworked 450 (being new sounds, passenger view, physics and stuff)
    -More trains (Like a 455 or 444, possibly a 458 for AI via Wandsworth)
    -Discount for those who already own PDL
    - and possibly an extension down to Reading at some point, including the loop lines

Overall very happy for this. I can finally drive my local train company down from Waterloo! :love:

9. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I agree with everything except the Reading extension. This route's already gonna be heavy on resources and I have the feeling an extension will cause all kinds of problems. I'd love a Waterloo-Reading route, but I'd want it to be a separate route.

• Like Like x 1
  10. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Tbh, I think a 3rd party dev will do it, possibly on the Workshop.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

IMO I'd prefer The line to Bournemouth Via Basingstoke added instead

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Quite frankly the Waterloo addition and reworked 450 would justify full price for me even though I've already got PDL. It's a nice gesture that existing owners of PDL will be getting a discount, this isn't your usual reworking. For those who don't have PDL already, there are so many additional Scenario Packs out there that it's worth buying anyway in my opinion especially if it's in the next sale.

There's a lot of life left in TS at the moment and I'm very happy that DTG are updating some of their older DLC. Hopefully a reworked Modern GEML with the Clacton branch and updated Stratford area (link to Crossrail too) will be next. *Cough* Aventras *cough*

13. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Agree with you, but the GEML is a kinda decent route for now, if they were going to update it, they wouldn't have it as their top priority of things to do.