Difficulty Settings And Hud Changes.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Oo7 BELL 7oO, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

Firstly, I propose that there could be a gradient and route topology HUD (similar to the style of TS classic, to save you pausing and disrupting your experience (with the RH pause screen), it could be on the top centre of the screen.

Secondly, it seems that TSW has become increasingly less challenging the more I play it which unfortunately increases the amount of boredom (which is in no fault to DTG) so, to counter this problem I suggest that a difficulty option to be accessed via the settings menu. The way I see it working is that you could have an easier option for newer players who just want to get to grips with simulation, which would be similar to what we have now. An intermediary option for players looking for a slightly more challenging experience, less points gained for stopping and tighter stopping allowances. And thirdly an advanced difficulty, this would be similar to TS classic whereby points would be deducted for poor timeliness, wheelslip deducts points and the list goes on. The only downside I see to this is that new players may feel patronised by not being able to use the advanced options.

2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I really hope they keep the current HUD, rather than the TS Classic hud. Because in TS Classic you ended up just playing the HUD and ignoring the route. Where as in TSW it's streamlined and you know what you need to.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

No. The minus points is the main reason why I abandoned TS aside the graphics.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I agree a gradient profile on the HUD, similar to Train Simulator, would be nice. Although it seems not everyone is in favor of such a thing, so I'd suggest to make it optional and being able to toggle it on or off, like several other HUD elements.

I disagree that TSW needs difficulty levels. If you want more difficulty, enable safety systems and disable HUD elements. I think having a scoring system and levelling system in TSW is extremely silly, but at least the scoring system isn't as penalizing as the crappy system Train Simulator had.

• Like Like x 2