Rush Hour Season Pass, Price Increase, Less Content: Vote With Your Wallet!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Jul 21, 2021.

?
  1. No, and I'll buy no routes initially

51 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. No, but I'll still buy all routes

51 vote(s)
    31.1%
  3. No, but I'll still purchase one of the routes

18 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, paying more for less content is all I ever wanted from life

28 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. Yes, I like the freedom of having to buy just the route that interests me

16 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all,

In light of the recent announcement that Rush Hour will be split up in three routes, seperately released and for sale for 30 euros each, with a 40 euro season pass for them all (a price increase from the previous 30 euros for all three routes, which would be released at the sime time), and the cutting of the Meißen and Dresden-Flughafen S-bahn branches on Riesa - Dresden, I have decided to wait with purchasing any Rush Hour content, or maybe not purchasing at all.

If you too disagree with the price increase, and the cutting of content for that higher price, please, like me, vote with your wallet, as that seems to be the only way to get through to DTG.

This is not what we want, and my high hopes for the Rush Hour pack, especially Riesa - Dresden, have been destroyed completely.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

You might want to fix your poll, I think it should say happy rather than unhappy...

• Like Like x 8
  3. jolojonasgames

Too late, my mistake, whoops. I'm sure people will still understand.

4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

If I was honest I'm really not sure what to make of it until I actually see the routes then that's when I will decide putting my money into something

• Like Like x 5
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

For me the issue is by calling it Season Ticket, the unwary will rush to buy it thinking “Season Pass”, i.e. that it gives access to any other upcoming content not just the three Rush Hour routes.

However as I just posted over on Alan Thompson FB, don’t worry - it will be 50% off by Christmas. And TBH I wasn’t that fussed by it anyway. Ultra modern London to Brighton holds little interest for someone like me who associates the route with CIGs, VEPs, EPBs and maybe a Thumper or two. The German and American route hold little interest for me, at least not for full price.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much. If reducing the scope of Reisa-Dresden means they can put more detail in the main route and put more time into bug-fixing, then that's not exactly a bad thing in my eyes.

I also disagree with naming it a season ticket, unless there's more than just the 3 routes. I'm sure when I first read the article it implied there would be a TS Rewards-style thing like what they had in TS2016, but rereading it I can't find that. Maybe the article's been changed, or maybe my brain's fried. I'm leaning to the latter tbph.

I'm hoping "and allowing multiple options to purchase" means I can use this to buy Brighton and Reisa, the two routes I'm interested in, and not bother with NEC. I don't mind unchecking NEC though if that's not a thing they'll be doing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Yes its a $10 price increase over what we initially thought, but for 3 routes it is still a great deal.

• Like Like x 7
  9. jolojonasgames

yeah, but a significant amount of content got cut from Riesa - Dresden as both the Meißen and Dresden - Flughafen branches (which were important for S-bahn gameplay, and for many players like me were what set the route apart) will no longer be part of the route. That does make me feel like the route is too much like other German routes to still be worth the price.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I would've called it a Rush Hour Rail Ticket personally!

I'm still planning to get the Rush Hour content at launch. £34.99 for 3 new routes is still decent in my opinion. The part I'm disappointed with is that NEC is the first release. I'd rather the UK or GER route come first! While I am looking forward to NEC, it easily ranks in 3rd when I measure up my excitement for each route.

• Like Like x 4
  11. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

A shame the Riesa-Dresden route content is reduced. DTG had the chance to create a added value in comparison with their relative new TS-route. But so? Why should I buy it now? Because its TSW? No.

12. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

13. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

14. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Higher price for less content? Duck you DTG, with all my hearth.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

I like that

16. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It wouldn't matter to me if this was the case, but looking at DTG's track record I do not think there will be any change in that regard.

It all seems improvised. Like if they just run out of time, they know they are not going to have it all ready when they should and they are "fixing" it this way.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  17. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

You call that a great deal ? Basic game include core, 3 routes and its only 29.99 euro, this Rush Hour suppose to be pack of 3 routes for the same price 29.99... this is such a rip off as you will buy Season ticket now for 40 euros and later you will find out that other 2 routes are completely crap, unfinished, full of bugs... but guess what... you will not be able to refund as you got a Season Ticket and until they release other 2 routes you will be already playing that game for more then a 2 hours.
    No surprise that DTG cant keep their promises.

• Like Like x 5
  18. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

Replace D by F
    LMAO

• Like Like x 1
  19. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

editor was promised once upon a time

20. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210721_193241.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Might be done intentionally... wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow they announced base TSW2 for free (existing players all have it already, not many sales there) to get more people on board and possibly compensate for today's damage.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

It doesn't bother me, I won't be buying any of it, because the UK route is another bland EMU route similar to the stuff we already have in game, and the last x releases.

Hopefully they don't try anything similar with the St Ives route, which will be the first I've bought for quite a while.

• Like Like x 3
  23. jolojonasgames

If you're an UK player I understand that. We have had a quite a few modern 3rd rail commuter routes, and even not owning ECW, BML seems like the least interesting to me, although the insane amount of services might just draw me in.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

have to wait and see what rivet deliver I guess for that route

25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And unless they've fixed the save game bugs, primarily where all the timetable information is lost and/or the signalling all reverts to danger, it's pretty pointless having an intensive timetable.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Hidden Donkey

Dont buy it. simple

27. jolojonasgames

You know, in different threads people explained why getting that as an answer is really frustrating for veteran players that were really hyped for the route pack.

Some put away a certain amount of money already, and now hear that they have to put away even more (not me personally), there are people who saved money for this. There are people like me who started threads to discuss possibilities and built up a hype. For a lot of people hearing 'don't buy it then' is a bit of a kick in the face.

• Like Like x 9
  28. Hidden Donkey

If its not what you want dont but it. I dont see a problem dont get over hyped for something you havnt seen yet. simplre

29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If you don't like the tough, charred steak we served you, don't eat it. Simple.

• Like Like x 5
  30. jolojonasgames

Well, we were promised those branches, it was reasonable to expect to see them. "if you don't like it don't buy it" is just a standard DTG excuse. But to be honest, it is what I'm saying with this thread. We shouldn't buy it because we don't like it, but we should also make clear why we won't buy it, and why we feel alienated from DTG after them promising one thing to later slash part of it in the fine print of an article. It's about more than not thinking the content isn't worth the money, it's about being dissapointed and losing trust in DTG.

• Like Like x 9
  31. Hidden Donkey

Exactly my point, if i dont like the steak i wont eat it. Simple

Exactly, you dont like it you dont buy it. Simple isnt it i think you understand now.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  32. jolojonasgames

You know, with all the things you have been posting on different threads this evening I think I understand one thing. You are either someone who thinks DTG can't do anything wrong and that customer relations aren't important, or you're just trolling all the very reasonably upset people.

Please don't talk in such a condescending manner to other people on the forums.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In which case, you're still hungry.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Hidden Donkey

I still have the majority of the meal, so im fine and not hungry

• Like Like x 1
  35. trainsimplayer

I recommend giving the Over-protection of DTG a rest. I have at least 5 notifications across threads of you replying, and all have been DTG-protecting.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's wrong in this situation.

We had promises of these branches, and now (at the same time as a price increase) it is being stripped away. For me - and many others - it has put us off Dresden. You said in another thread nobody deserves to get it because of these complaints? Hell no, we deserve it for being a community that gives feedback that they wanted.

The status of Hidden Donkey is one well known in the TSW Community, a little trope in the game.
    Are you really worthy? Trying to out everyone down like that?

• Like Like x 9
  36. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

I don't like these changes, I don't see how anyone could. I also it is embarrassing that anyone who isn't paid by the company would shill for them by saying anti-consumer nonsense like "dont like it, dont buy it".

• Like Like x 7
  37. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether they increase or decrease prices, I will buy season tickets for peak hours as soon as possible. My only requirement is to purchase a long enough cargo route (US or Canada), even if DTG extends the existing Cumberland route.

38. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

That will not happen.
    Cumberland is probably the longest route that will be available for Train Sim World for some time. Maybe years in the future it will happen, "when they get the technology". Which I thought they had since the Rush Hour routes seemed to be longer than most routes for TSW.

As for route mergers/extensions, it was stated several times they are not interested in creating DLC for DLC, although, in one of the recent streams I've watched, someone said they are looking into the possibility. But I wouldn't get my hopes up and take it as "sometimes, maybe, never".

• Like Like x 3
  39. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I'll just say that I'm happy to pay the new asking price considering I'll be getting 3 routes and +6 locos. :)

• Like Like x 1
  40. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

But they are basically keep releasing DLC for DLC - extra locos for RSN, MSB, SFJ (before even NEC) and of course some other routes too, extra timetable for GWR, etc...

41. Hidden Donkey

it not bad but its bad? doesnt make sense. everything is dtg bashing why is it a problem i like then?

42. trainsimplayer

There are 4 POVs generally on these forums:
    Bold = Most People right now
    1) Protect DTG
    2) Moderate Users (don't complain much)
    3) Moderate Users (Critical when required)
    4) DTG Bashers (Bash DTG for anything and everything)

When I say "it's not a bad thing, but it's wrong in this situation" I mean this;

It's OK to defend DTG, however trying to struggle you & their way out of this is the wrong thing, and in this situation especially.

• Like Like x 6
  43. jolojonasgames

Just leave him :). He knows what he's doing and is just trying to wind people up.

• Like Like x 3
  44. trainsimplayer

Probably.

• Like Like x 1