The Tōkaidō-shinkansen Line From Shizuoka To Odawara (+view To Mt.fuji)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by aDoge, May 10, 2019.

1. aDoge

aDoge Well-Known Member

The Tōkaidō-Shinkansen line from Shizuoka to Odawara

[​IMG]

1.The line

The Tōkaidō-Shinkansen line from Shizouka to Odawara is part of the Central Japan Railway network.The part of the line from Shizouka to Odawara is 91km long and was opened in 1964.

[​IMG]

2.Stations

There are 5 Stations on this Route:

[​IMG]

All of them are stops of the Shinkansen.

3.Trains

The trains used on this line are the N700 and the N700A Series (Which are almost the same trains).
    Max.Speed:285 km/h

[​IMG]

4.Speed limit

According to ORM, the speed limit for the part from Shizouka to Odawara for the Shinkansen is 270 km/h.

[​IMG]

5.Scenery

The scenery from the high speed line is really great and i would really love to finally see an asian map in TSW so im really counting on you guys!

Timestamps:
    0:50 - Shinkansens passing trough Odawara station
    6:00 Shinkansen stopping at Odawara Station
    9:55 - View to mt.Fuji (night)

(Mt.Fuji at daytime)

That's it!

If you have any suggestions for this route let me know in the comments and please upvote if you liked my suggestion!

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 32
  2. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Wonderful proposal. It is certainly the most famous section of track in Japan. I would say almost all train fans have seen a photo of a Shinkansen from that stretch of track with clear views of Mt Fuji.

Some people might say that the length is too long based on the current route lengths in TSW, but DTG has said the main limiting factor in route length is the time it takes to model high detail locations such as the stations and/or yards along a route. So the more stations/yards that will mean a shorter possible route length, based on time invested vs monetary return. This route only has a few stations so therefore the route length can be longer without having to split it up. I think the length of this proposal is achievable.

• Like Like x 2
  3. aDoge

aDoge Well-Known Member

Thank you for your feedback James!

Well,i hope so.I would really love to see this route as a new dlc of the game!

4. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

N700 would be amazing with such an iconic cab interior and a great highspeed route!

5. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

My concern with this is the time you are going to spend stationary - Does the Hikari do any of these stops? the Nozomi certainly doesn't and while the Kodamas would be interesting in the need to sprint to the next station, they'll then sit for 10 minutes while 1 or two Nozomi's overtake

My Other concern is the distant scenery - will Unreal do it justice?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  6. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

This would be a part of the Shinkansen network I'd actually be interested in. High speed doesn't attract me that much, but the train and mt. Fuji are just too iconic not to have at one point. Also, multiple stations make for more interesting services (compared to LGV for example)

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and you need to know that the N700S for this route is a tilting train active suspension mechanism unlike the Pendolino and derived trains SBB Rabe 503 and DB BR411/415 ICE-T 15kv 16.7hz. If made this will allow the introduction of tilting trains into the game followed by DB BR411/415 ICE-T for Riesa-Dresden ICE Line 50 Frankfurt Am Main Hbf to Dresden Hbf.

8. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

The Nozomi stops at none, but every second Hikari always stops at Shizuoka with some Hikari services also stopping at Atami, and/or Mishima, and/or Odawara. The Kodama stops at all stations of course, so there is a variety of patterns. There is also the depot at Misima which have some services (mainly Kodama) start and end their days at Mishima Station which adds more to see and do.

In terms of distant scenery its definitely doable. A 3d model of Mt. Fuji can easily be set to always be loaded in like the distant New York or London skyscrapers we've seen on other routes. Other than that it is just like building any other route.