Boston Sprinter Preview Stream - Your Questions And Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG Natster, Aug 10, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Myself and Matt will be hosting a second preview stream for Rush Hour - Boston Sprinter.

If you have any questions about the route, or anything you would like to see on the stream please let us know in this thread.

We will aim to cover as much as we can.

For anyone who missed the first stream:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Can we see more detailed views of the MBTA coaches whilst in game. The screenshots are not doing them any justice at all.

Can the route also be run sans snow?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

How powerful will this DLC work on my PS4PRO consoles? What will be the restrictions for PS4PRO consoles?

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

As it will be streamed on next gen consoles, can we please get a good look at the distance improvements please? Building pop, catenary pop etc

• Like Like x 1
  5. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Can we see full timetables of each of the loco’s and the scenario’s included in the route

• Like Like x 1
  6. lug#9310

lug#9310 Member

How will it work on old gen?

7. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

Seconded, I'd love an overview of how the timetable is structured too. Is there space being left for Acela services (no need to confirm DLC just that the space exists), and do Providence Line trainsets stay exclusively on the providence line or will they go off to do other services?

• Like Like x 1
  8. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Question: How will the Providence-end of the route retain the Rush Hour feel? For example, Boston looked how I felt Rush Hour should be, really busy. But, going down to Providence and arriving at the station, to me, it looked a bit emptier than I would of thought. Would like to see bit more of Providence in the next stream.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

Can we please see balloon loop and engine sheds many thanks

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Question for Matt:
    What‘s the latest on the headlights and taillights issue discovered in the first preview stream? Will the head- and taillights work correctly on launch?

• Like Like x 6
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Can you show us Amtrak's Southampton Yard? I would love to see a train going around the balloon track.

Also, will the AI trains have their headlights set properly at launch? I think it would be pretty weird seeing a southbound MBTA train with the cab car's headlights on. Have they fixed this issue or will it be fixed in a future update?

• Like Like x 2
  12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Can you please show us the depot facilities and can base game route Sand Patch Grade freight layers here. It's the route Optimized for PS5 and Xbox Series X.

13. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

Can we get a video of a full level crossing activation and deactivation

14. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Are there really only 17 Amtrak services?

Can you please show the full timetable, the scenarios, the journey and the tutorials?

Can you explain what different kinds of services there are? What are the service patterns?

Can you summarize what is new with this route as part of Rush Hour that the last routes didn’t have?

• Like Like x 3
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Could you talk about improvements to ATC and ACSES? What is/was wrong in the older implementation, how did you solve it? And how do you think it turned out for this route?

Any particular reason Cruise Control wasn't implemented in the ACS-64? Would it be hard to do or do you think that being buried in a screen's menu only a few people would care to use it?

Is there any other differences between the CalTrain F40PH and the MBTA one, apart from the obvious (inclusion of ATC/ACSES).

How hard would it be to create a freight loco with In-Cab signalling for a future US Freight project? Would a copy/paste from the NEC system be enough, or does the system work differently to take into account the different performance of freight trains?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Is it possible to run other locomotives from other DLC on this route ( timetable)? And is it possible to run the locomotives from this route in other DLC ( timetable)?

Can you please show if the many passengers on the platform are really on the train?

And why is the snow coverage on locomotive and cars so reduced compared to other DLC?

Will ALL features of Roush Hour be released simultaneously with the release of the track?

17. Haverknol

Haverknol Member

Why is the Pawtucket/Central Falls station completely absent on the route? It really takes away a lot of realism, since this is one of the most important landmarks along the route.

This is what it looks like in real life:
    1280px-Pawtucket-Central_Falls_station_from_Barton_Street_282292C_August_2015.png

And this is the exact place in the game:
    unknown.png

It would be so cool to drive under this structure, so why was it left out when building the route?

• Like Like x 9
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Seems odd to miss it out. I mean if it was there when the route was mapped, you can’t really miss it.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

During that section of the stream, you can also see everything wrong with the catenary, missing parts and in the curve, towards the station, the wires go completely off the tracks, more than usual. It seems to me the OHLE is degrading with every iteration (and I am not mentioning the incorrect gantries here).

• Like Like x 3
  20. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

I just looked at the real life amtrak timetable and that might actually be correct. I count 18 northeast regional trains between Boston and Providence, I'm guessing the overnight sleeper train wouldn't be included. That said I'd be a little concerned by the lack of depot and turnaround services, maybe those have been made a part of the mainline services?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yes, but in the stream, all depot and balloon moves were missing, Matt said they're supposed to be there, not sure what the situation with that is, but I guess we will find out tomorrow.

22. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

I just see the pictures of the new TS Route Mountain Subdivision and ... there the snow visualization on the locomotives is much better than now at Boston in TSW.... that should not really be so...

• Like Like x 1
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Can you show a service that shows off the rush hour aspect of the timetable with the train getting held up at signals and such.

• Like Like x 5
  24. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

I’d love to see some switching in CSX yards you can do and some dlcs like an Acela and more MBTA locomotives

25. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Route mileage is too short

26. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Question: If the 4.26 update is released on Tuesday before the Rush Hour release will the Series X/S and PS5 versions be released on Tuesday as well? Or will we get updated twice for everything once on Tuesday and once when the new console versions come out on Thursday?

• Like Like x 2
  27. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

How will the season ticket work?
    Will it be available from the launch of the Boston Sprinter or will we have to wait until the launch of the last route?

28. Haverknol

Haverknol Member

The season ticket will launch simultaneously with the Boston - Providence route (I don't know if there will be a pre-order tho), otherwise people wanting to buy all three routes would have to wait untill all routes are released.

29. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Do the Amfleets have brake sounds? I didn't hear any during the last stream.

• Like Like x 1
  30. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Route looks really rushed and unfinished with the Landscape and the wrong and bugged Overheads or using not the Right Landmarks.

Where is the Quality Control?

• Like Like x 1
  31. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Can you talk about missing data in the Timetable causing some PIS screens to not show a destination for some trains?

32. Haverknol

Haverknol Member

The cab cars are running with only ditch lights, and the headlights turned off :(

33. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Will Last gen consoles get all Passengers and all layers on the Rush Hour routes? Or will there be because of performance less passengers on stations?

34. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Last gen (XB1/PS4) will get an increase in passengers (up to 100 from 20). As for layers, Boston-Providence doesn't have any, Riesa-Dresden seems to have all the required locos and it hasn't been confirmed if any layers will be included with London-Brighton.

• Like Like x 1
  35. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

How many passengers are there on PC and next gen consoles?

36. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

37. MassachusettsF40PH

MassachusettsF40PH New Member

Are there any plans to add the MBTA bilevels to the route as DLC, they are very common on the South Side of the MBTA Commuter Rail now and the bilevels are often seen mixed into train sets with the single level coaches, and it would really add a lot to the realism.
    Thanks
    Edit: Now that you have the MBTA License, is it safe to expect more MBTA routes and equipment from you, I hope so.
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  38. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Show the improvements for visually impaired. It looks like you did a good job. Looking forward to try it.

• Like Like x 1
  39. unseendreamer

unseendreamer New Member

I understand carrying over save game progress may be a problem, but will trophie's/achievements be carried over, and also have you made use of the ps5 duelsense controller?

40. nathantzhang

nathantzhang New Member

656DD208-DF52-469C-B578-DB0CE630AA97.jpeg 5D75B57B-420D-4D00-A878-51BE019C7FA5.jpeg Can you guys please fix the numberboard font? they’re a little too wide and too short.

• Like Like x 1
  41. om247

om247 New Member

Is there anywhere in the Boston portion of the new Rush Hour route where the iconic Boston Lenny Zakim Bridge is visible? It's hard to imagine Boston without it.

Now that the clothing and movements of the people in TSW2 shows more variation, will their size/age/body-type get an update down the road for more realistic variety as well?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  42. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

43. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the bridge is across downtown in the West End. Quite a distance from where the tracks are.

44. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

I saw some CSX locos and various freight cars.. will there be playable freight services or scenarios for this route?

45. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

That was answered on the Stream last night and the answer was ‘No’.

46. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

If the platform opens the doors in a different state based on high and low platforms, could you now implement a working SDO for British Trains, and for shorter platforms on LIRR to replace the guard who would normally ensure only suitable doors are opened??

• Like Like x 4
  47. om247

om247 New Member

Here is a YouTube video showing different angles of the station and an Amtrak train passing through to help create the artwork if you decide to include it in an update:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. ElectrixMetro

ElectrixMetro New Member

Is it possible to add the metroliner cab off of the Amtrak consist so that the end is drivable rather than the train being controlled from the cab of the ASC64 in a near future update to the route? Here’s a picture. Thanks! upload_2021-8-13_12-24-58.jpeg

49. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They need only recycled the TSW DLC from this old route.
    But in real life it’s only drive to Harrisburg or how it is written

50. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

Those cab cars are not used in Boston area.