Helped Need With Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Armardar, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Armardar

Armardar Member

Hi

I am not new to train simulation but I very rarely use community created content.

I just bought south Wales Bristol Swansea route with arriva DMU train pack. There are no scenarios for the 143 or the 158 as the scenarios were made for Bristol to Cardiff and I bought the Swansea add on.

However I've been looking for custom scenarios for the 143 and 158 but everything I try says I need so much more dlc than I have. Is there anyway to search for scenarios that only shows results that are based on the dlc I own. Or can anyone recommend dlc for the 143 or the 158 that only requires the south Wales route and DMU add on ?

Would really appreciate assistance as haven't been able to try these great locos and route in a objective scenario.

Arm

2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Alas, folks who have the dough to buy lots of DLC want to force others to do so as well -- or do the makers of all that stuff also make the scenarios that require it?
    Alas and alack, there is no way (that I know of, anyway) to search for DLC requirements. They are usually (but not always) listed on the scenario's download page, but that requires searching for the haystack without needles.
    I apologize for being the bearer of bad news.

3. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello Armardar!
    I would make some scenarios for you if I had the DLC. Unfortunately... I don't.
    However, did you know you could get away with playing scenarios that have DLC you don't yet own? If the player train you own, then, upon starting the scenario and receiving the error message 'Cannot load...' Press Ctrl+Q. Then, press 'no'. Voila!
    The trains you don't yet have will be missing, yes, but at least you can play with the ones you already have.
    If there are any other scenarios you'd like made, tell me, I'll try to do it once I get back home.
    Hope I helped,
    ProfCreeptonius.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. hightower

hightower Guest

And if you get RWTools (free), you can swop our stock you don’t own with stock you do. The internet is awash with tutorials on how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2018
  5. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

I could make you some scenarios if you want, utilising whatever packs you like :)

6. Armardar

Armardar Member

This is great info I'll try tonight!!! :)

7. Armardar

Armardar Member

I have south Wales to Swansea and the arrival DMUs 158 143 :)

8. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I don’t think the first part of that statement is accurate - Most of the scenarios in the workshop are made by people for their own enjoyment and they are willing to share their work with others for free. The use what they have for realism and their enjoyment and do not have an hidden agenda to force others to buy anything.

It is relatively easy to use RWtools to swap out AÍ trains for stock you own, or as long as the missing DLC is not the players train to run the scenario with out the stock. Again no one is forcing anyone to buy anything buy sharing their hard work via the workshop. It is up to the individual to decide either to procure, replace or ignore the missing DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LastTrainToClarksville

What? "Accuracy" counts? Since when?????????

10. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

It's a saying..

11. LastTrainToClarksville

No, Sherlock, it's satire.

12. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Don't get cocky with me.

13. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

I don't think forcing is the correct terminology, I've never put a gun to someones head and made someone buy DLC. Me like many others create our scenarios with X amount of stock because it's appropriate for that situation/era/operating company, I've plenty of other scenarios that use very little in the way of DLC and I'm sure a lot of others do to.

You have a point regarding sim experience vs money to spend, you've just worded it wrong

• Like Like x 1