Not Happy With Dtgs Attitude Tell Them Here.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PHJ-MGF, Aug 22, 2021.

1. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

If you're bored with all the excuses about how it's all everybody else's fault here are some details you might like.

DTG Address
    3rd Floor North,
    Fitted Rigging House,
    Chatham
    United Kingdom.
    ME4 4TZ

Alternatively their phone number is 0203 748 0807

Maybe if we call and ask we'll get a better response. Failing that you have all the details for your small court claims for failure to adhere to their contracts to supply the DLC they said they would. I know all the stuff I have bought is less than 6 months old and for any other business that means its failed to meet consumer codes for an item being fit for purpose, which this software blatantly isn't.

I've tried to be nice, I've told them about errors and been palmed off with ridiculous excuses, I've downloaded hundreds of pounds in software and they couldn't care less about customer satisfaction. so here are their details, they aren't going to listen until we start doing something to make them.

I fully expect this post will last about 2 minutes at most, before one of their lackies in here makes sure it is removed, if only they paid as much attention to their product as they do to these forums, maybe we wouldn't have this attitude towards them and they'd actually produce a product worth owning.

But PHJ the hot plate actually turns on and off, why would we need to concentrate on if you turn on the headlights or not in your score, we don't even accept that driving at the speed limit is legal and take half your points. Doing 30 in a 30 why that's speeding. bouncing back off invisible walls we have hidden the waypoint behind means you are simply not doing the level correctly, these are some of the replies I've had. Well enough is enough, sort out this bloody mess, you created it, why should we uninstall, re-install, uninstall again and still end up with no progress. Your game, your problem sort it out or give me a full refund on everything I have paid for.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

*facepalm*

By the time a letter arrives, the issue will be fixed... I think PHJ-MGF it's best for your dignity and everybody else's sanity if you just calm down and step away for a little bit. Hurling abuse at DTG won't solve the issue. Your suggestion to send strongly worded letters - or worse - to DTG's offices, and abusing their customer service team is, quite frankly, disgusting.

And before you become the next Plastic Pal, please get the idea of taking Dovetail to court out of your head. You're just wasting your time.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 27
  3. PHJ-MGF

I think with the greatest of respect and this is not meant in anyway to be offensive, you should wipe your nose, it seems a little brown on the end. or just stop taking the cheques from DTG and pretending your just another bod, you've done nothing but defend their bloody awful service and attitude since this debacle began. So with the greatest of respect I can't believe anything you type, so kindly don't put any more replies in my posts. You will notice I am asking and not just blocking you. so do us both a favour and respect my wishes. thank you.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Doomotron

I am literally in the same boat as you. I too have spent hundreds of Pounds on DLC, and can't access it. I don't remember defending them either, but I guess the brown at the end of my nose must be making me hallucinate.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

LOL

• Like Like x 4
  6. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Don't think a court case is necessary at this point. However i am extremely angry at DTG for their constant failures. Failing to fix bugs is one thing. Screwing up players access to the dlc they have purchased is another. The communication has been non existent, and at time damn near condescending. I've paid hundreds of pounds for dlc that cannot be accessed because of DTGs sheer incompetence. I am a patient man, but have almost lost my patience with DTG. What angers me the most isn't lack of access, It's lack of regular, honest updates. Its the same update all the time. More information would be nice with regards to progression. Sadly this has always been the way. Something has to change!

Blimey, that turned into a bit of a rant lol

• Like Like x 4
  7. PHJ-MGF

They treat us with utter contempt, if we sit by and do nothing they will continue to do the same, we need to send a message once and for all that this continued abysmal performance from them and our lack of access to our game data that we have paid for is simply no longer acceptable. If we don't they'll just carry on their merry way and we'll go through this next time there is another update as we have before, I can't play a single DLC without finding some sort of error, why is it acceptable that PC users get brightness controls and other stuff that PS4 users are denied, we paid for the same game after all.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

think everyone just needs to have a chill pill, calm down and be patient while its fixed, taking dtg to court would do nothing it would be a waste of time and money for you so, take a chill pill calm down and play a game or something

• Like Like x 4
  9. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

to be fair all us on ps4 are in the same boat here, and i reluctantly agree which is a shame, opposed to invading the office i will vent my spleen on the Q&A on Tuesday, which i suspect might encounter technical difficulties if the 'issue' isn't fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I seriously suggest you walk back on this. It can be construed as a threat, especially in light of their address being published in the post above it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. PHJ-MGF

Seriously, well how about testing it before it's released, when we try to help and tell them about errors they do something instead of saying, hey it's you doing it wrong, really? How about posting a message as a separate thread to explain what is going on instead of hiding it away in someone else's thread and then when you try to share that to let others see it so it helps them, they close your thread with the quote "we don't need another thread about this"

• Like Like x 2
  12. liammaxwell10

liammaxwell10 New Member

They are trying their best to fix it just be patient and wait for the update to be released it’s not their thought that it’s gone wrong

• Like Like x 1
  13. Doomotron

Lots of people have been saying the same thing for years. What do you plan to do to them? Bravado them into bankruptcy?
    Considering this is almost certainly a PlayStation Store error, this will likely be the only time it happens, or can happen. DTG have changed the way Steam works, there is no doubt they'll be able to fix the PlayStation Store.

And unlike this issue, which will eventually be fixed, they still haven't fixed the Class 91 DLC. And they haven't brought back the TGV Reseau. Or the IronHorseHouse DLC. I'll send a strongly worded letter to their offices, that'll sort it!
    Because every post on the PS4 subforum for the past few days has been on the exact same topic.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Advice taken...

15. PHJ-MGF

Why shouldn't their address be posted they are a commercial company and that's their trading address for correspondence as is that their commercial number for that company, you are entitled to contact companies you have purchased a product from to complain about their service.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Thank you. I do get the frustration, and I'll bet DTG does also.

17. Railfan1985

This should never have happened though. Add to that the terrible communication.

• Like Like x 3
  18. PHJ-MGF

well maybe you could stop giving them your cash and let them see you are serious about it, if everyone just refuses to buy the new content, I'm sure they'll get the message, or maybe I don't know stop feeling like you have to be their online saviour and constantly defending them, when they can't even come out and defend themselves as much as you do for them. like I say, wipe your nose.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Was not in that way at ALL...this is only a game for me...hence nothing important in my life....people are Just going crazy...

• Like Like x 1
  20. PHJ-MGF

Not crazy, just exceptionally annoyed that they have spent hundreds of pounds on DLC and are treated with such utter contempt by the software developer they gave that cash to.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Railfan1985

To be fair ps4 simply does not have the same power as a pc, and is limited to what you can do with it. I will give credit to DTG for the improved loading times and performance though.

• Like Like x 1
  22. PHJ-MGF

Oh get you, waiting and then added the bold text to your reply after you got the likes, what a sneaky little person you are. There is no abuse and they are experiences I have had with their so called customer services department. I have proof to back them up too. So like I have said to you on a few occasions it's time to wipe your nose, you constantly support them even when you try to deny it as you did in your first post, but I guess once I post this reply that'll suddenly disappear too lol, I'm not here to start an argument with you or any other individual, this company are taking the P**S, I never suggested any one wrote strongly worded letters or worse and people are entitled to an address of a commercial company to address their correspondence to, so once again go get your tissues and this time actually wipe that brown stuff off your nose.

• Like Like x 2
  23. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

as it stands now, ive got content iv'e paid for and cannot play, they sold it on the belief i 'don't have to buy everything, just what you are interested in and play when you want when you want'. trouble is that is a lie as it stands.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Railfan1985

PHJ MGF calm down mate. I know its frustrating but your getting too worked up over this. Nobody wants any arguments etc :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

This has to be satire right? You seriously think calling them or visiting their offices is going to help? My god you people are delusional. The only thing you can do is wait, what else do you want them to do? Give you a massage? Maybe some free DLC?

They're working on it. Go do something else with your life in the meantime. It's. A. Video. Game.

• Like Like x 6
  26. PHJ-MGF

too be fair I don't know of any game that suggests an i9 processor and 2gb is it on a video card to run a game, I run an entire music studio on an i7 processor, so god only knows where they are wasting all that power. It certainly isn't in the reality they say they are trying to achieve that's for sure, I know for a fact getting hit by a train doing 100mph+ whilst walking on the tracks kills you, it doesn't suck you up into a carriage in first class like this so called realistic simulation does. I also know that most games don't allow you to hide in the walls due to their pathetic attempts at building a scenario for you to engage in, they all have things that matter that work, like access to waiting rooms on stations, but maybe making buttons to turn on fans, heating, lights in rooms you can't enter, reading lights that don't actually light up or show any difference in the simulation, teaching you how to fill a train with diesel, so you can never have to use it again, constantly getting into a vehicle and it never being the same set up. maybe they could work on sorting out a few of these problems, as opposed to having the ability to turn on the lights for a destination board that you can't even set. Oh did I mention the entire bit where you learn to fill ethanol carriages before they just get you to sit there for 10 or 20 minutes doing nothing but wasting electric and burning up the environment whilst your PS4 and TV sit idle for a full 20 minutes whilst they are turned on and you pretend that they are filling up those cars?

• Like Like x 3
  27. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

"Why is it acceptable PC players get...."
    Because they are playing on a PC. A machine with a keyboard and potentially hardware that is far more powerful than our PS4.

You can't expect them to hold back on what they can do with PC surely because we have a controller and restricted hardware.

We are lucky (until this recent fiasco) that somebody has bothered to make us a great sim game on console.

I honestly never understand why some fellow console players seem to always find something to moan about PC.
    They are different platforms, different hardware, different companies in charge of software distribution/launchers.

It's like buying a pre made Ford Fiesta from a garage when your friend has a custom spec Ford Mondeo from a dealership and moaning that your car doesn't have some of the features theirs does.
    Despite paying less for it, having not had the option to choose features and buying them from different places

• Like Like x 2
  28. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

to be fair i completely get mr phj-mgf, i got feed up of the tsw lies and bs about things years ago, i returned to the forums after 3yrs to see why my content was missing after foolishly buying tsw2 and see nothing has changed it will remain deleted until the fix in 2022 and tsw3, which i will avoid.

• Like Like x 2
  29. PHJ-MGF

We never paid less for anything and if you can't provide the same game, don't offer it on a console.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Railfan1985

Thing is a pc is capable of larger memory, power etc. The more smaller things added to consoles means less memory, and therefore impacts any future dlc due to size. I'm not arguing with you btw

31. underwaterdick

What has running a music studio on some hardware have to do with running a simulation game? I genuinely dont see the relevance.

With regards to your criticism, you are more than right to decide you would rather have certain features over others. But your personal choices might not reflect those of others.
    I agree that switches with no functional purpose are pointless, but I don't agree that being hit by a train should end in death.
    Other people won't agree with either of us.
    But when you look at the varied demands of the player base, they will never make everybody have what they want.

You really need to stop playing this game and never buy a DTG product again. That would seem to be the perfect solution for you.
    Me, I will keep playing this game and the many bits of DLC that I own (when they work) but I certainly won't be in a "rush" to get any more of their routes until throughly playtested by the community.

I have few issues with the simulation in TSW, and I have owned it since the original one was released. Yes there have been some mildly irritating bugs, but this situation is clearly unique.

Upgrading a game engine on console with a free update. Not sure if that has been done many times in the past.
    DTG have said they are working on it, as are Sony, so im not going to throw my toys out the pram, im going to sit and wait for it to be fixed.
    If they keep us updated with how the fix is progressing, and explain the mess when it is resolved, I can get over a few days without my DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  32. PHJ-MGF

Whilst the PS4 processor only clocks 1.6ghz the PS4 AS A whopping 1.84 terraflop GPU , this is the same console that runs GTA vice city with far more going on than this sim. It seems from what I can gather is it's more of a sim for those that design this game as somewhat of a train layout simulator that run numerous trains all at once at the expense of an actual working playable simulation, it seems to be more about being able to run an entire timetable all at once over running an actual working game (call it what you like, anything that also a train to suck you into a carriage at 100 mph and doesn't kill you is not a simulation, its a game, get over it)

• Like Like x 1
  33. underwaterdick

But until this update issue, it was the same game.
    And assuming you have a PS4, you are basically saying that they should have shut down TSW2 and just made TSW Rush hour for the next gen consoles, because the hardware is not the same.

I bet that would have made you happy too

But no, they have decided to support the game on old gen, for those of us not lucky enough to have upgraded yet.

"We never paid less for anything" - no, but nobody put a gun to your head and told you to buy it. You paid the price you were willing to pay.

• Like Like x 1
  34. PHJ-MGF

Personal choices on if a light works in a room that you can not enter compared to not losing points for running the entire service without any lights on? seriously lol. I guess if you worked for FGW or Virgin or any other rail provider and you ran an entire service with no lights on your train, during that service I think you'd not be running anymore for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

It’s pretty unreasonable to be so hostile over this. While I understand your frustration, it is and always will be a video game. It’s not real. The game lets you drive however you’d like, it becomes less fun if you’re required to drive just like real life.

• Like Like x 2
  36. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i would hazard a guess the ps4 market is quite large and probably a major source of revenue. bit unfortunate they seem to have shot themselves in the foot on this one, nothing new though, same old inept nonsense, it will catch up though and those that invest time and money with these snake oil salesmen i feel sorry for.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  37. PHJ-MGF

No I'm saying they should have at least tested if it all worked before they made the update live, I think you'll find that's what pretty much every other company does. What I am saying is it's been a total shambles and it would be nice if instead of hiding away their own admission of this in someone else's post, that they should have had a post acknowledging the issue and stating honest facts about what happened, it's all well and good to say we will come out after the fact and tell you all what happened, but that isn't helping to quell the disquiet that all this has caused, it wasn't helped by the "it's basically a tiny glitch attitude that DTG adopted in the video about the new release.

• Like Like x 1
  38. underwaterdick

Get over it?

Well, I have to peel dead bodies off the front of real trains, so im quite glad that I don't have to experience that in game.

Im sure that the drivers who are involved in these incidents are also glad.

If you want violence and gore, go and play GTA, but I want to drive trains, and this game simulates driving them very well in my opinion.
    No, it doesn't simulate buying a coffee from the platform kiosk, or taking a dump in the dirtiest BR toilets ever, but as far as train driving is concerned, it's brilliant.

And you complain about a full running timetable, but surely, if driving trains is the main part of the sim, you would want to encounter other trains passing, or crossing at junctions?
    Without a working timetable there would be none of that.

• Like Like x 4
  39. PHJ-MGF

I think most PS4 players now have the attitude that they liked their money but that they didn't want t commit to making the game the same as it was for their core PC customers. I'm pretty sure most PS4 owners feel they've been thrown to one side over this and are less than pleased with the attitude adopted by DTG

• Like Like x 2
  40. Railfan1985

I'm done talking to you. Just calm down, and don't tell me to get over it. Its YOU who needs to get over it. You are acting like a spoilt child. I get the frustration, we all do. I suggest you stop posting and take a breather.

• Like Like x 4
  41. PHJ-MGF

Who said there had to be violence and gore a simple end of scenario and you got hit by a train would do.

• Like Like x 1
  42. PHJ-MGF

if you don't like it don't reply, it really is that simple.

• Like Like x 2
  43. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

You're acting as if you live in 1970s Eastern Europe and the Stasi have arrested you after the Soviet Union declared your hat illegal. It's as if DTG is actively oppressing you with the way you're carrying on.

Do you want to start a riot over this? Cos you sound like an angry revolutionary.

There's bigger problems in the world than what's going on with TS-sodding-W 2. Let's not go down the route of 'send letters and phone up DTG cos then maybe it'd work'. That's called harassment and if they knew your address, they could probably sue YOU. Now let's all just be calm and think about things.

As a PS4 owner, yes, I am unhappy about how things have gone. I have opinions, thoughts and feelings about TSW and the differences between PC and console.

I don't feel like I've been thrown to one side, though.

• Like Like x 4
  44. underwaterdick

I am pretty annoyed that we have these issues currently, I paid a lot for my collection of temporarily useless DLC and I want it back.

But DTG have said all they need to.
    I don't understand what some of you want them to say? It doesn't work and they are trying to resolve it. What do you expect?

And I have had issues with plenty of other games...
    Guess you have never heard of Cyberpunk, or Call of Duty
    Call of Duty gets broken in a different way every week when they release a new patch. And they have the biggest active player base of any game. Sometimes it can be unplayable for longer than 4 days, with gamebreaking issues once you can try to play it after that.

Pre testing a patch and testing it's actual rollout are two different things, which is why even Sony have spread console updates out before, where a small random selection had an update early to stress test it.

But if DTG did that, you would probably be the first to moan that you paid the same as the other person for the game and they got the update two weeks before you.
    And that you now want a discount for two weeks less play time.

• Like Like x 4
  45. PHJ-MGF

I don't play either of them, I must admit I've never had the need to feel like I was killing hundreds of people for fun, but hey each to their own.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Railfan1985

I'd forgotten about cyberpunk. That was so bad sony removed it from the store lol. No idea how it is these days

• Like Like x 1
  47. PHJ-MGF

Do you not expect your phone provider or internet service to reimburse you if you are without that for several days in a row after you have paid for it?

• Like Like x 3
  48. thatleedsguy#8590

Ow, the edge (!).
    Such a harsh moral judgement (!).

As far as I know, the only thing they will do is offer some kind of discount or fix it and do nothing.

I agree a discount would be acceptable in this instance, but not everybody would be happy with that.

• Like Like x 1
  49. underwaterdick

You had forgotten, as have many of the people on here who seem to think this is the ONLY game to ever have had technical issues from an update patch

Every thread seems to say "no other game has this" - im pretty sure not many other games give out free updates where they upgrade the entire game engine either.
    But most games in 2021 have issues in patches, that is one of the very reasons they need regular patches, to fix what was broken in the last one.

• Like Like x 3
  50. thatleedsguy#8590

Finally, some solid realities...I've missed those.

• Like Like x 4