Preserved Collection Improvement Wishlist Master Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Sep 16, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, as some already know I've made a few wishlists for preserved collection upgrades to (thusfar only German) routes. This is a master thread containing links to all of them. For now there are only four, but I might make more in the future, and will update this thread accordingly, although I have less time for those things now. If you have any other wishlists yourself and want to see them added to this master thread, please let me know, I'd be happy to include them. If you have specific wishes for a route upgrade on any of the wishlists I've already made, let me know in that post what you'd like to see, and I'll probably add it to the list. Also feel free to take my lists as inspiration (or even copy parts of it) for your own wishlists, which I'd of course be happy to add to this thread :).

Change requests range between bug fixes, the addition of new features such as PIS, working level, loco upgrades and substitution changes crossings to full on timetable reworks or scenery changes. It is not my demand that all of these things get added, as the work the preserved collection crew has been doing is already incredibly valuable. The goal is to provide a general list of things me and the community think could use improvements, so the preserved collection crew can look at them and determine what changes are important and could be realistically done. Preserved collection upgrades thusfar have already succeeded in breathing new life into old routes such as Rapid Transit, albeit with some initial struggles, and I'm massively thankful for that.

Germany

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

I would like to see route extensions for MSB and HRR,
    for MSB I'd like to see Aschaffenburg to Hanau and Lohr to Wurzburg via the Nantenbach curve and Hannover-Wurzburg High speed railway, a total distance of 110km, I'd be happy to buy the route again if it came with the 60km extension]

and for HRR I'd like to see it extended from Duisburg to Dusseldorf and Solingen and Bochum to Dortmund, this would make the entire S1 line doable and would be 97km

Both of these are unlikely to happen but I'd happily buy the routes again if they were extended because they are 2 of the best routes in the game

3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Those are interesting possibilities, especially the Lohr - Würzburg high speed line (although the Gemünden - Würzburg section would also be fun). There is a forum suggestion for that extension. I do however think that they are far beyond what we should expect from the preserved collection upgrades, and that is the reason I haven't added extensions to any of the wishlists (if there ever is a precedent for the preservation crew doing route extensions that would of course change, but don't expect that). It would probably have to be an extension, and at this point ever seeing those seems unlikely. It is also difficult to make as a standalone route because it doesn't really have a stop at either end (as the ICEs go nonstop through Lohr).