A Plea To Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This is a direct plea to DTG about the quality of recent releases and the absolute need for these to be urgently rectified.

We are seeing:
    • Significant build quality issues. Floating buildings, floating cars, fences cutting into scenery, floating roads, trees too close to the line, missing catenary, missing parts of trains e.g. step lights on the 387.
    • Significant timetable issues. Not enough set up time, computer generated arrival times that are barely achievable with safety systems turned on, odd timings such as 20:00:16.
    • Significant performance issues. Frame rates dropping significantly even on new hardware like the PS5 which is a very capable machine. Crashes. Blurred trains still, which started on the release of TSW 2.
    • Significant bugs. Safety systems not working properly (Boston Sprinter & Dresden). Trains running backwards. Services not being possible due to misplaced markers.
    There is no doubt a number of other areas that I’ve failed to mention.

The point is, quality has taken a steep nose dive and is currently hurtling towards the ground. The question is, can DTG pull the nose level, and quickly or … ?

• Like Like x 19
  2. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

My prediction (keeping with the plane metaphor) is that they will pull up but it'll take at least a week and by then a lot will have just parachuted out instead. It's clear that the community has very little faith in DTG and rightly so. I wouldn't be surprised if many people have had enough of this game.

• Like Like x 5
  3. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

My issue is despite apologies and statements such as we have learnt lessons they clearly haven’t. These issues come up with every release and fed up hearing the apologies on the streams and you can be sure that will happen again tonight.

Today’s fiasco where PS5 users haven’t even got the correct build is inexcusable no other word for it.

• Like Like x 9
  4. james64

I honestly don't think they should stream BML tonight when it's practically unplayable, at least on PS5. They didn't do Rush Hour streams when the core update fiasco was happening, and PS4 users were losing add ons.

Either way I can't wait to hear "we're sorry and we've learnt from our mistakes" when they clearly haven't.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

It simply isn't good enough.

Now Matt is an exec he needs to sit the whole team down and give them the Glengarry Glen Ross treatment.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

ABC?

Always
    Be

checking???? :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think they should get the right version uploaded and stream on PS5 just to prove the point...

• Like Like x 5
  8. ARuscoe

Less incitements to violence please...

I have thought for ages that Matt and JD (community DIRECTOR) should have way more input and knowledge of what's going on and when. They're the two team leads on TSW (input and output) but almost every stream is a litany of "We don't know, haven't looked at or will have to ask the team about..."

Someone definitely needs to take the thing by the scruff of the neck and wring out the bad bits because there are just too many errors

• Like Like x 3
  9. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

What the hell happened to London Conmuter? I downloaded it last night on ps5 (by the way, I had to delete two routes otherwise it wouldn't show up) and when I tried it, it was a complete disaster. Lame frame rate, lack of fluidity in handling the camera, slowdowns. I got on a train as a passenger and when I left London Victoria the sound disappeared, I got up from my seat and heard a thunderous sound that almost deafened me. I tried to move to another coach in case it would be solved but the passage was blocked?
    It was really too late and I gave up, I didn't want to suffer any more.
    When I woke up this morning I doubted whether it had been a real experience or a nightmare in my sleep.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ARuscoe

PS5 DLC seems to be the wrong version. If you go to Reigate and still see the "two storey block of flats" you've got an old dev version of the route

11. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Current thinking is that the PS5 version is not a release level build. Waiting for feedback from Nat or JD.

12. ARuscoe

Being confirmed by DTG Natster on other posts

13. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey guys. Update here for you. Thanks for your patience whilst we get to the bottom of it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. james64

That's the best case scenario which I'm hoping for, however I don't remember DTG EVER doing a stream on a PlayStation platform (I didn't watch the Riesa Dresden ones so please correct me if I'm wrong). They always seem to choose Xbox or PC, which makes the conspiracy theorist in me wonder if they have some sort of issue with the platform.

15. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

DTG really need to improve QA, so many bugs and glitches , its expected a few will slip through the net I get that but its beyond a joke now the "rush hour" is really "rush job" a lot of the content needed a few extra weeks bug fixing and optimisation, and the more content they have the more and more bugs that will pile up. I think they need to put a new testing policy in place as the existing one has failed and content needs to be delayed rather than released asap if its in a poor shape

• Like Like x 6
  16. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I have seen Matt stream on a PS5 once ! so it has been done

• Like Like x 2
  17. ARuscoe

Yeah, the people who do streams don't have the proper kit to do so.
    Anything else is just "a conspiracy theory"

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Nah man Xbox is plagued with basic game sound and texture glitches , that's just standard for us lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yep, that did happen and he had to borrow it from someone else.

20. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
  21. niveous

niveous Member

Knowing when we can expect to have working speedometers again in Boston Providence would be swell.

I won't hold my breath for the timetable to not get backed up within an hour or two, or ATC/ACSES speed restrictions to get fixed, although they would be appreciated as well.

22. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

To be honest, the graphics of routes peaked with CSX Heavy Haul and Great Western Express. Now we're getting routes that look like 2013 Train Simulator, like Tees Valley Line, SEHS and Cathcart.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I don't think it's so much that quality has declned but rather that it has settled into an inconsistency. We get a route like CRR which gave me an optimistic feel, but then the next couple of routes took a step or two backwards. Then the first couple of RH routes really raised the bar, especially Dresden. Now, by all accounts this most recent route has fallen short again.
    I have to somewhat agree with Doomotron that Sand Patch set a standard which has not been generally improved on since.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2