The 387 (bml) Appears To Be Broken (ps5)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by james64, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Goonerrob1104

Goonerrob1104 New Member

Normally play a new route for hours 30 mins in had to switch it off so disappointed

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

It raises the question once again, are release builds checked for other platforms properly or it it just the PC build that is checked as ready- we've seen issues with platform specific issues not being picked up before release before (iow is one)

• Like Like x 2
  3. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I mean yes I guess it has at this point. I mean when trainsome world first came out the releases were all really good quality I don't know what's happened but they need to look at their standards at this point this is getting bad you can't be releasing stuff like this first impressions are everything

• Like Like x 4
  4. Stephen Crofts

What time do DTG staff come online on a release day? We need to hear something about this one.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

settings, display… click where your system is set to 256 colors and change to 32bit :D that screenshot is crazy

I honestly can’t believe this and all the crash reports too. Wow

• Like Like x 1
  6. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

Soon I would imagine I don't know if there's a day one update planned I highly doubt it considering we just had to updates back to back

7. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

Yes I thought I bought train Sim World 2 on PS5 not the the SNES when you load up Gatwick Express trains oh my it looks like someone just finished setting mushrooms

• Like Like x 3
  8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I did the 387 tutorial only which I will upload shortly (see channel link below). Even in just this short jolly through Gatwick the sounds reported here were grating me! Going under bridges or covered areas the sounds completely change, sounds loops are awful. Just a botch.

im not playing it any further until the build from last night is released so I don’t ruin my experience further

matjamca you were right in the stream last night when you said you were worried it wasn’t being demonstrated on anything other than PC

• Like Like x 2
  9. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

It's unbelievable how incompetent DTG are. I get that mistakes happen but this seems to happen all the time. I hope they don't go ahead with the stream tonight unless they're able to get out a fix. It's not fair when we can't play the route (I know we technically can, but no one in their right mind would want to).

• Like Like x 4
  10. Stephen Crofts

Hopefully it really is the wrong build for ps5. if that is not the answer the issue is much much more serious.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m not even going to bother downloading it. This is beyond a joke now.

• Like Like x 4
  12. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Disappointing to read this thread. I'm sure CMs are watching but probably waiting to hear whats going on themselves. But if I'm honest I'm not surprised. BML sounds like the biggest project done to date (not an excuse but something was bound to go wrong imo). Expectations were very high. Seems like they've shot themselves in the foot with this.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

One thing's for sure, DTG need to get their staff back into the office pronto and end the working from home malarkey, games development obvioulsy isn't a job that can be done well when people aren't collaborating more closely than remote working allows, even with skype/teams whatever.

• Like Like x 6
  14. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I mean they were doing fine up until Rush hour

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Well, I just fired up the PS5 and TSW2.
    I'm not impressed at all.
    It was ok during the automatic intro. Then trouble.

I first went to Reigate and hey, a block of flats instead of a station.
    Then, went to do a GX run from London to Gatwick and more trouble.
    Loaded into the cab and the oily textures were there. I also note that the controller seemed slow and clunky and didn't respond well.
    Then, after I activated the master key and reverser, game crashed immediately.
    Also, the frame rate was in the 20s.

This is not a good release at all.

One positive note though is that even after downloading London Commuter, all my other routes still show.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Yes but Rush Hour was a big project with an engine update and so on. And it's been a bit of a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey everyone, Community team are looking into this now (particularly Reigate), will get back to you with more information soon.

• Like Like x 5
  18. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

Thanks appreciate it

19. TinTin_57

There is a song that goes .."where the streets have no name....."
    Meanwhile back in Reigate it's also stations...
    Train Sim World 2_20211007090237.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

that’s just a collectible no? Did you walk up to it?

:D

21. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

And the most annoying thing is it comes across as DTG don’t care.

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey everyone, just to follow up. Playstation 5 players are currently playing on an incorrect build. This means that the day 1 updates we include on launch day (which include some of the final polish for the route) didn't make it into the release.

We don't have the exact details about why as of yet, but the update simply didn't activate when it normally would or should have.

By way of further explanation - Day 1 updates include content which is changed between certification on platforms, and are a regular thing for us and many other game developers. Most content you see in game will have had a Day 1 update as part of its release.

Our dev team will make this their number one priority to resolve today. And we will keep you up to date with when you can expect another update.

In the meantime, you can still play the route should you wish and have an explore, but understand that some areas might not look completely finished. Also, we can confirm the PS4 version of the game is the correct build, if you wish to, in the meantime, try the route on there.

• Like Like x 6
  23. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

The bugs are just beyond a joke now, I feel "Rush Hour" really means we rushed the product to the stores. DTG need to stop blaming others Sony ect and just fix the product its clearly a broken mess and quite frankly we may need a TSW3 rebuilt from the ground up to sort out the disaster that is TSW2 the team can no longer stay on top of bugs. I watched a video on Youtube about someone explaining things about why it has the problems and he even suggested TSW3 is going to happen because of all these issues and I think he is right

DTG need to pause the release schedule and switch to a massive bug fixing exercise otherwise people will stop buying TSW2 content, I have worked in the games industry in my youth (in QA) so I know company's can pressure you into releasing when not ready

• Like Like x 3
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

On Playstation... Maybe some people in the past have had a point when they said PS players get a raw deal...

• Like Like x 3
  25. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

the class 387/2 has the 377 sounds and no interior sounds as well as the front gangway isn’t able to be painted on the Xbox series X build

26. TinTin_57

I can't tell if you are being serious or not ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  27. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

when did you see a stream for this on a Sony console …….

28. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I honestly don't think they were trying to hide anything just cuz they streamed it on PC it's not a big deal

• Like Like x 1
  29. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So, I'm in the middle of running 1W30 Victoria - Brighton (GX) and so far I've had holes in scenery at the edge of the tracks, light inside tunnels as well as scenery popping through tunnel ceilings, trees clipping the cab in various areas and that's on top of the already made complaints about sounds (quiet AWS and wrong electrostar sounds), texture issues, sluggish controls when moving around the cab and crashes when trying to start services.
    This release definitely isn't a release build.

Edit/update: The game crashed after I arrived in Brighton and released the doors.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  30. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

My comment was based on the statement that the sound is different from the streams.

31. ARuscoe

I think this is related to the version issue that DTG are having... An older xbox version seems to have sound issues, which the up to date version (and the PC version which has been streamed twice) don't have

• Like Like x 1
  32. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

Appreciate the update because when I tried out the route on PS4, it felt very sluggish, particularly at the starting up procedure on the 387 when starting at London Victoria. I'm not sure if the 377 is having the same problem but I'll find out later today. I hope this get fixed soon.

33. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

FACEPALM

• Like Like x 1
  34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ah, we can all relax, it’s the wrong build. Good job I slept on that scathing bug report before posting it. All our PS5 troubles will soon be over, he said while flicking through a 2026 calendar looking for international wishful thinking day.

• Like Like x 14
  35. ARuscoe

Is that the week after "I'll believe anything so long as it's on Youtube day"?

• Like Like x 2
  36. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

Tell you what that PS6 on the December page looks powerful

• Like Like x 3
  37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

16GB DLC limit though. Will Sony ever learn?

• Like Like x 1
  38. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks - we've put an update here, and will update it when we have more news for you.

Thank you for your patience.

39. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

You mention no issues regarding PS4 but refer to my post above as I’m on PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your quick action

41. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

So do I delete the route? Or leave it and there will be a patch?

42. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

As far as we're aware, it should be an update - no need to remove anything. When we have more for you though, we'll let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  43. WonkySausages

WonkySausages Member

Like most, i've been looking forward to this for ages and it's a real shame to read all the comments about bugs/wrong build released and so on... And i thought my little gripe that none of the 1400 odd services stop at Earlswood, Salford, Horley or Balcombe was disappointing haha... Whilst I have it downloaded, I haven't played it yet and will wait for a patch or 2 to come through before I even play it..

Do think DTG will learn from this though - trying to push 3 routes out in quick succession might have been a bit of a bad idea, specially how intensive the 3 routes that come with rush hour are, i'd imagine they're working flat out trying to get everything sorted, but there's just not enough hours in the day. Patience is a virtue, and it will get sorted, there's no way they hype this up for months for it to fail. I know its annoying guys, but they will sort out as much as they can and as quickly as they can :)

44. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I agree. The three routes at once idea is terrible. In terms of price, it’s great for us players, but if the quality is going to suffer so much, I’d rather pay full price. I hope DTG takes a good long look at this and limits any future release to a two route bundle or less. Rush Hour has been one mess after another and unless fully patched, will remain so for a long time. It’s a shame because on the whole, Dresden and Brighton in particular look amazing.

45. Jon16923

Jon16923 New Member

Just had a strange experience playing 1W16 pulled into Burgess Hill and it told me to then go to Hassocks without loading passengers playing on ps5

46. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Well so far done a run on the PS4 version. The route tbf is brill! The sounds are on the whole some of the best yet however the AWS clear tone is a tad too loud, the dsd to quiet as is the peddle sound when pressed. Just bring on the patch for the PS5 version! It also seems much easier now to give up a service. Rather than having to wait for the service start time you can just leave the train whenever and you’ll get a prompt shortly asking to give it up which helps massively.

47. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Silly me bought still bought it today despite resding the forum earlier as I am feeling sorry for myself while waiting a PCR result for Covid. I'm on the PS4 and it is not good to say the least. So, so, so, slow at Victoria, even the time is slow, takes 3 seconds for a second to pass. Gets a little better as you get out of London but then crashed about 15 mins in.

48. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hi friends, I agree with you, in the aspect of final delivery quality Rush Hour was below expectations, due to the series of bugs and fixes still pending and unresolved on all platforms. In the financial aspect for me it was great, because in Brazil I paid 160 BRL per route, and at Rush Hour I paid 193 BRL (with a 10% discount on PSN, original value is 215 BRL), that is, it was very beneficial for me, but I believe that DTG will learn from this, I support the season pass model, but one to two months of line spacing for better improvement, everything involved Rush Hour, the three new lines, the core upgrade, passengers and the like, it was quite ambitious, it is not possible to recognize that DTG did a very good job, but it needs to be improved and revised in detail.

• Like Like x 1
  49. ARuscoe

I would suggest starting a new tech report thread giving things like which PS4 version you have, which software revision of the route and which services you tried. It may be there's a very heavy load on that service or some issue with the revision your machine has on it.

50. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Thanks for that, I will have a look into it!