What New Country You Want To See Next In Tsw2?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kosti.nuuja, Feb 13, 2021.

?
  1. Ireland

32 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. The Netherlands

82 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Belgium

17 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Austria

64 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Australia

35 vote(s)
    6.4%
  6. China

12 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Japan

105 vote(s)
    19.3%
  8. Finland

14 vote(s)
    2.6%
  9. Sweden

17 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. Norway

23 vote(s)
    4.2%
  11. Denmark

18 vote(s)
    3.3%
  12. Italy

32 vote(s)
    5.9%
  13. Spain

24 vote(s)
    4.4%
  14. Someone else, what?

70 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

At least China has some TS routes

2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, definately would like some ex-Soviet routes and locos. Nothing too modern please. :P

• Like Like x 3
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

So does Japan, and IMO the Japanese routes for TS are considerably better and more enjoyable than the Chinese routes for TS.

4. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

No no you dont know train reality every place has train and china has very good train needs to be in train simulator world 2021. my opinoin

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

It doesn't "need" to be. At lot more people want places like Japan, The Netherlands (both of which I'd like), or expanding further into Europe - More Switzerland or France, Poland, Italy, etc.

Just because you want China doesn't mean everyone wants it.
    Granted, some people want it, but it isn't a large group compared to the above - especially JPN and the Netherlands.

Also, everywhere (with trains) has "good trains". Not just China.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Not entirely true. There's places without any trains. I know, it's very sad :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

8. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

*sad Iceland noises*
    Not that I'm Icelandic, but still

• Like Like x 1
  9. misterATOMIC

misterATOMIC New Member

France.

• Like Like x 1
  10. misterATOMIC

misterATOMIC New Member

I want to see that : [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I'll throw in another vote for Wales, a beautiful country indeed. The Class 67 + Mk4 sets would be quite fun I think.

12. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

13. cyrill.kroonstuiver

I mean, I'm not going to contest that that would be an interesting country.
    But what I will say is that, although Wales certainly isn't England, it's still UK, and so for the same reason as Cathcart Circle, I really wouldn't count these among "new countries", no matter how hard DTG tried to sell CCC as being that.
    Mainly, the major Wales railway network is still mostly exploited by GWR, which already exists.

Again, no offense against the idea of a Welsh route. I think it'd be great, but as I said, I'd count it as one of DTG's UK releases even if they use the Welsh flag on the menu instead of "new country".

• Like Like x 1
  14. cyrill.kroonstuiver

What I will say about the idea of Welsh route though, counting it as a UK route here, is that it brings the UK releases more variety, like the American routes.
    The German routes are fun, my personal favorites in the game so far, but honestly, they all feel kinda the same cause they're all DB operated similar trains on modern electric routes.
    USA has plenty variety due to the heavily privatized network (which I consider bad in real life, but great for game variety), so as long as they're not all of a similar format, there's a lot of diversity to offer.
    By utilizing the different countries within the UK well, UK could have a somewhat similar, though not as varied in terrain, feel as American routes and avoid the problem with German routes I described above.

15. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. The United Kingdom is a country. Countries can have provinces or states within them, but I don't know of any other country being divided into other countries. If people from the UK consider Wales, England and Scotland as countries, then perhaps their kingdom isn't as united as the name suggests. It's pretty confusing for people not from the UK.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Agreed, although as far as I know the UK still uses the same signalling system throughout the country, as well as sharing the same or similar rolling stock, the landscape could be different when DTG decides to represents different regions throughout the UK.

At least the UK has some variety with historic routes, modern route, and even a heritage route.

I'm confident even Germany has more to offer, there has to be more rural places that'd give a whole different feel to it, even when DTG decides to stick with the modern era. Plus there's gotta be plenty of heritage routes as well. Even historic routes could be interesting. There's plenty of opportunities, DTG just doesn't utilize them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it counts but Wales

18. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Does northern Ireland count?

19. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

As Belgium was the first country on mainland Europe to build a railway. The rich train heritage of Belgium should be celebrated in the game.

20. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Don't be silly. The only reason you want to see Belgium in the game is because you're from Belgium. ;)

It's a good reason though, and I'd be interested in a Belgian route as well, even though I'm not Belgian. :P

• Like Like x 4
  21. lancpudn

lancpudn Active Member

I would love to see some Russian routes & Loco's, What a beautiful diverse country that is.

22. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Mostly - there is RETB in remote parts of Scotland (Radio signalling - Drivers report their position by radio and a data burst over the radio shows the movement authority on a display in the cab) - ETCS is fitted to a line in Wales and a couple of short but very busy sections in the London area. Wider roll out on the ECML is due to start soon (AIUI initial work is underway but still some way from a go live)

23. vulkan

vulkan New Member

of course my country, Indonesia:D

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Belgium!!!!!!

25. train fan

train fan New Member

It's already been in Cathcart circle

26. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20211009_072511.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

I just realised that cathcart is in scotland??!!! 0 diff from a route in the uk

• Like Like x 2
  28. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I mean, the trains do say 'Scotrail' on them ;)

• Like Like x 1
  29. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Pakistan railways, I'm a fan of Pak rail on YouTube

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  30. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think I'd like to see Iceland. No screenshots, no preview streams, no bugs, no missing fences, stations or important landmarks. In fact nothing to complain about.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  31. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Totally, 100% agreed!
    They should get on it immediately!
    I'm not much of a programmer myself, but I'll get on it immediately as my first own made content!

32. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Done! :D
    How do you like the route?!

33. aglomarsale

Huh, Never heard of em, just finding out they hv trains?? I'm gonna see some on yt

34. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

They should try some routes in Australia.

• Like Like x 1
  35. jolojonasgames

I'd like to see those too one day. They're not on the top of my list, because I'm mainly interested in (western) Europe (as you can tell from my suggestions), but once the Netherlands and perhaps Austria, more of Switzerland and more of France are in, there should definetely be a place for Australia in game :).

36. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Denmark and Sweden. DSB MF, Class EG, Skanetrafiken Regional Trains and Class RC
    What do I have to say more?

37. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree with you and I actually have one it's a personal choice of mine because my mother's Sister Uses it it's Western Australia Mandurah Line.

38. aglomarsale

I'm not a fan of Australian routes, the photos that ive seen are like the trains have barely any pax and feel empty. But i guess the scenery would be decent. And its another English Speaking Country which is gr8

39. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

If you have played the Simsig Moss Vale territory, some sections of Australian railways are incredibly busy. Likewise the main line north out of Sydney which is very scenic too.

40. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

I love that the trains practically run along the water up near Brooklyn and the Hawksbury. Would be awesome to see done in TSW.

41. OldVern

I think the problem with Australian routes is going to be as Matt said, getting local talent involved. I have a feeling those who worked on the MSTS routes back in the day have faded into the night. Trainz has a good Australian following but the people seem largely committed to that platform and probably not inclined to cross to TSW and do payware. Australia is still pretty much closed to foreign visitors due to Covid no one is going to get there for research and the cost of such a visit, even if possible, might exceed the revenue an Aussie route will bring in.

In fact relatively few Australian routes have been done for DTG TS. I made a pseudo route based on Lithgow but it used largely British assets and I certainly don’t recall seeing any payware. So as much as the prototype might appeal, sadly the odds seem against getting it in TSW anytime soon. My smart money might be on something Japanese, assuming DTG could get Union Workshop interested and are prepared to let them play with the tools.

42. cyrill.kroonstuiver

I have heard that Union Workshop could be trying to get into TSW2, but I've only heard that secondhand and even if it's true, I don't know in what stage they would be and if they've even had contact with DTG and any access to TSW2 Editors at this point.
    But I agree, the biggest demand for foreign content is for Japanese routes with the Netherlands and Austria following closely as the poll on this topic do indicate as well.

I do really think DTG should be focusing more on foreign content though. At least the countries that don't have official content in TS20xx could have hobby mod makers making it so that my native Netherlands at least had some content, even if it wasn't up to par with any official routes, but now we can't even have that and DTG isn't doing anything to rectify that gap in the market they've created.
    I made a post about that recently actually.

For when that day comes that a new country finally does get added again though, I've got my bets on Japan, but we'll see :)
    I'm really curious to how far Union Workshop actually is with any of that.

• Like Like x 1
  43. jolojonasgames

My bets are actually on Austria or the Netherlands, but Japan is a likely candidate after that I think.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they are still only working on TS Classic routes: https://twitter.com/uws_trainsim

• Like Like x 1
  45. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Well yeah you have a point, Austria may indeed actually be maybe the most likely one. Rivet only makes Swiss content outside of US/GE/UK, so unlikely to come from them, but despite the huge demand I doubt the Netherlands is ever happening, I mean, they never bothered in TS20xx anyway either despite the very active mod-community showing the demand, while Austria has a DTG made TS20xx route with Semmeringbahn and that's clearly more in DTG's corner anyway.

And as Commiee says, UW isn't gonna come in for Japan anytime soon either, at least not before that release.
    Thanks for the link btw, didn't know they finally have an official EN twitter. Going through the poorly translated twitter of one lone UW dev that kind of maybe posts vague stuff every once in a while was way too vague before.

• Like Like x 1
  46. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I agree too, about Netherlands be the new country in the game!.

Other mentioned countries will be great to have - for example Japan - but I believe it will be very difficult due to the quite different culture, that DTG needs to have contacts there in order to developed it.

I also like Austria, but it seems to be similar to Germany.

I would like to have other 2 countries too: Switzerland and France.
    Yes... they are already available... but with just special trains and routes.
    One is a tourist, and the other a high speed one.
    But I am referring to have "normal" routes and trains,- as we have on Germany or UK - which I believe they are more interesting to run.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  47. OldVern

Without a publicly available editor and the possibility of doing freeware stuff (which in some cases might help avoid licencing issues) I fear most countries or indeed some routes within countries that DTG include, will never materialise.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Can't find the post right now but someone asked a few third parties about this and posted the responses, and since reading that I've given up on seeing Railworks-style third party involvement. Just not one of the platform's strengths, I guess.

49. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Austria is most likely. DTG already did a few Austrian routes for Train Simulator and a while back the ÖBB logo was found in the TSW file system.

I consider the Netherlands unlikely (unfortunately), and Japan equally so (unless Union Workshop are getting involved).

If I had to bet on another country, it'd be France. DTG created a French-German border route for Train Simulator, already got some French assets created for Marseille-Avignon, and has a license with SNCF.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member