Ps5 Add-ons Update – 5th October 2021

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG JD, Oct 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

...installed all at the same time due to a technical change undertaken by Sony which DTG didn't know about and Sony have no record of on their technical support website

• Like Like x 2
  2. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Is part of the problem that when you download onto a PS5, you get both versions, therefore doubling the download size?

3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

The software update was in Beta for months, surely someone participates in this as a Dev team at DTG and would have found this. So did they know and it was ignored? You can bet that DTG know in depth what is coming up on the new Windows release!

4. ARuscoe

Loads of "it depends" on this one. How many people in the dev team are playing on fully loaded PS5 which are up to date etc etc
    And the update on PS5 was mid dev stream I believe so would have to have been a specific config / test bed set up to catch the issue

But overall this is a SONY issue rather than a DTG one

• Like Like x 3
  5. ARuscoe

Difference is there's a whole library of technical information on what MS are doing with each windows main release. I spent an hour yesterday trying to find notes of the sony caused issue and it's not on their, or anyone else's technical information. Only reference I could find was on a Sony related forum, and that was created by a TSW2 forum member (they directly referenced TSW2 in the responses)

6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

No, the ps4 version acts as a separate title and is unaffected by the DLC cap. although, you are right both versions of a download usually download together and I have to go delete one each time.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just switched my PS5 on and there is another system update installing.

8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yep, just manually checked for a PS system update and it's there

9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Probably wishful thinking in hoping it’ll give us all our DLC back.

10. Speedster43

Speedster43 New Member

New FW Update for PS5 does not solve the problem for me.

11. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Thanks for the reply, out of interest, is there a way to prevent the PS4 download or will I have to manually delete it afterwards?

12. Stephen Crofts

Haven’t found one yet. I tend to delete the PS4 one while it’s queueing. might be because I had the PS4 version installed before.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

So, have just downloaded London Commuter (just to have an explore, I was bored) but had to delete more DLC for it to appear. Bye bye Boston Sprinter and Clinchfield.

14. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Honestly, if this is the future - then it‘s a ridiculous one. This needs to be resolved asap.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Matt spoke about a possible solution on the stream last night I think it was - he talked about the game being downloaded completely (ie with all routes and locos) to your PS5 and a token system being used to activate those dlc's you have bought, similar to CoD I believe he said.

But I imagine such a solution will take quite a while to code, so don't hold your breath...

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It will also take up a huge amount of very limited SSD space on PS5. I don’t think there’ll be a perfect solution unless Sony reverses it’s position, which is nonsensical to me. Why limit content?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Well I suppose Sony will say that they've made the additional SSD slot available for users now..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stephen Crofts

system update 21.02-04.02 dropped today for the ps5.
    I am not yet over the dlc limit, so wanted to ask has this update shifted anything for anyone?

19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sadly not. I’ve had to remove Rapid Transit, Boston Sprinter and Clinchfield for London Commuter to appear.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lamplight

Exactly. If I have to have downlaoded all routes and locos at all time, then how long till I won‘t be able to install any number of other games since TSW has gotten too big? This wouldn‘t really solve the problem, but just replace it with a new problem.

This problem requires more talk between Sony and DTG. Making everything part of the core will work as a short-term solution, but will create an ever bigger problem over the years.

• Like Like x 2
  21. screamfan

screamfan Member

I am really disappointed, I downloaded BML on PS5 and it did not appear I had to remove Lgv and Boston Sprinter for it to appear.
    I tried to do the tutorial but it's a technical disaster, it runs at 15 fps with texture bugs, very far from the level of quality and polish of Dresden when it was released.
    Even the game is much slower to start it's a shame on PS5

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The PS5 version you are playing is a beta build. The wrong build was delivered to PS5 users. DTG JD said they are working with Sony to get the correct version released, but it seems to be taking Sony forever to release it.

23. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

With Sony it’s very much a possibility that the update won’t drop today.

• Like Like x 2
  24. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

CK95 Please read the below forum post.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/london-commuter-update-7th-october-11-09-bst.46446/

Regards

Hentis

25. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

26. gprili80

gprili80 Member

Frankly, starting with the next gen update (XBOX S|X and PS5) and now managing 5 versions of the game (XBO, XBSX, PS4, PS5 and PC) DTG bit off more than they could chew.

It's sad because I like the game since the beginning (I bought every DLC since TSW) and I really appreciate their work, but patience here is slowly coming to an end. I will not buy any other DLC for a while after rush hour "season ticket".

27. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Sony like being a pain starts with the memory cap and now not releasing a day patch

28. antony.henley

Yes they are trying to get the update for the PS5 to download as well.

hentis

• Like Like x 1
  29. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

1.001.00 now live for BLM on the PS5 good luck everyone :cool: (873mb)

(Spammed 3 places now so everyone should have some sort of update lol)

• Like Like x 5
  30. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

You have gained your self 3 good boy (or girl/train/helicopter) ticks from myself.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

hehe this I noticed. Thank you ;)

Thought everyone will get a little bell update rather than trawl or guess etc.

Currently over halfway getting the 100 miles while sitting trophy :D “I’ve started so I’ll finish” and let it apply after :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  32. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

A5874401-6109-4481-99E3-BE65FEFAF6DF.jpeg
    CK95 priceless, it popped while I was typing that last message. Guess it’s time to apply.

• Like Like x 1
  33. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks - as has been mentioned, you should see an update in your libraries now. This should be the final build, and provide the polish which wasn't there this morning. When we've confirmed all is good, we'll update the announcement threads.

• Like Like x 4
  34. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Downloading the update now fingers crossed

35. Speedster43

Speedster43 New Member

No „London Commuter“, „Arosalinie“, „Clinchfield“ and „LGV“ for me. :(
    „Cane Creek“ is the only one dlc I did not bought.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  36. antony.henley

You will have to delete 3 routes that you dont use (you may have gone over your DLC limit for ther game (64gb as imposed by Sony in their last firmware update. DTG are aware and a work round is in planning.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  37. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

I didn't play TSW for a while now...... It's frustrating..... I'am playing Far Cry 6.....
    I installed TSW for PS4 and it shows every route. I will try to play everything tomorrow....

38. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

I feel making the core game contain all dlc maybe the way forward to avoid this cap, elder Scrolls online does it as its dlc is huge! I know it's far from ideal with the base PS5 having around 660GB (even with just tsw 2 taking 100GB of it) free but there are now options for SSD expansions for the PS5 now the expansion slot is active.

39. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Obviously a pretty far right opinion, but in respect of base game size, is it really fair to expect a 1:1 rail simulator to be small in size? This is hardly lawnmower simulator.

DTG don’t need to reinvent the wheel here, there’s a reason so many games are large sizes, and frankly I’m not very confident in DTG’s ability to do something out of the ordinary.

PS builds really could do without more large issues in the future because so far the PS5 build has been a joke since it released, and it only seems to keep on giving.

I plead with DTG to please please please just keep things simple, you only keep making things worse for the game by trying to run before you can walk.

• Like Like x 4
  40. matthew90

matthew90 New Member

If I delete a route and reload it at a later date do I keep my progress? Also I hope the fix doesn't cost me my saves. Too many game hours lost from the ps4 to ps5 switch.

41. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

You should do :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. matthew90

matthew90 New Member

brilliant. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  43. TinTin_57

Was just watching the Friday DTG stream and to be fair Matt and Sam gave the most reassuring update on this issue to date. A couple of fixes are in testing now, lots of the team are working on it and it's absolutely a high priority issue for them was the gist. Number 1 aim is to get everyone back with access to their DLC which is like a sticking plaster then the longer term solution will be worked out. I feel a little better about it after hearing that. Go right to the last couple of mins of the Friday 8th Oct 1938 stock stream and listen for yourself. Hearing it is better than reading it.

• Like Like x 4
  44. Lamplight

Thanks for that. Just watched the last minutes - it was great to get some Sam straight-forwardness together with Matt‘s inside knowledge on what‘s happening.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Ah thank you for that. As I was beginning to worry as heard nothing regarding the serious game breaking issues on PS5. But looks like they are aware from what you said, and working on it at least.

• Like Like x 3
  46. ale#8132

ale#8132 New Member

But i don't understand one thing: i bought all the dlc's and are ALL installed on my ps5, included the 3 rush hour, i see them in the installed contents, but THEY DON'T SPAWN together in the maps list in game, infact i initially tought that was a conflict problem in the game.....

• Like Like x 1
  47. Lamplight

That‘s the exact problem described by JD. Sony introduced a limit of 64GB on DLCs for PS5. While you can install more, some DLCs won‘t show up in-game then. If you‘re experiencing this, the only current fix is to de-install routes you don‘t use so that the file size for your TSW2 DLCs is below 64GB.

48. TinTin_57

• Like Like x 3
  49. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

Question is can you get all your routes into the game?
    I’m playing the PS4 version on the PS5. About six of my routes don’t show in the main menu when selecting a route, something to do with the core update not recognising the add-on’s, though they show as installed if I go into the store or check my managed add-on’s. I’ve tried installing from the PS store, TSW store and managed content. Always the same outcome.
    I did make a post on this in the Technical problems in the forums, but no one from the support team replied to me.
    The add-on’s probably work fine on a PS4 or PS4 Pro. Like to get feedback on anyone who does play the PS4.ver on the PS5.
    Really blows not being able to play all my content. :(

50. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I still use the 4 on the 5 and reinstalled so many times after the core update. What error message to you get out of interest? The original “dlc out of date” one?

to be honest you might need to just scrub the game (as it likely been fixed since your last reinstall?) and download the main and then all the DLC you own, which sounds like all of it so a nice 90gb or so

• Like Like x 1